Morning Deals

• McDonald’s: 49 cent Hamburger / 59 cent Cheeseburgers, limit 10.
  • Woot: Razer Barracuda AC-1 Sound Card for $49.99
  • Newegg: Ideazon MERC Stealth Illuminated Gaming USB Keyboard for $63

Highlights From Dealhack

• Amazon: Save up to $190 off Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air Notebooks
  • Musician’s Friend: Washburn Acoustic Guitar $130 Shipped
  • Barnes and Noble: Buy Two B&N Classics Book Titles & Third is Free

Highlights From Bargainist

Comments

1. B says:

Mmmmm, 10 cheeseburgers for $5.90.

2. After 10 cheeseburgers, I’ll need to buy something from the Reebok outlet to use to make my heart beat again. Yikes!

3. homerjay says:

Why do they always have to limit my cheeseburger lunch to 10! Thats so unfair.

4. stre says:

you shouldn’t be allowed to call something “Stealth” and “Illuminated” at the same time.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: The Stealth Bomber! Wait, who put all the lights on it? Damnit, now we have to change the name of the thing. Umm, uhhh, I give you: The Stealth Illuminated Bomber! As you can see, we’re trying to blind the enemy so he can’t hit us!

5. MikeB says:

Is it 10 each? Or 10 total?

6. arkitect75 says:

@mbouchard: It’s 10 total.

Damn inflation, just a few years ago a local (Coral Gables, FL) one was still doing 39 cent cheeseburgers on Sundays and 29 cent hamburgers on Wednesdays.

Not sure if this promo is daily though.

also, a double cheeseburger is just 99 cents.

7. B says:

@stre: The Illuminated Stealth keyboard eliminates “Phanton Keystrokes” I wonder if they accomplished this by removing the M key.

8. orielbean says:

That razer card is a good card if you like using your machine for a media center pc or for gaming. It’s comparable to the creative EAX cards and also has a decent Vista driver unlike some of the creative cards.

9. mewyn dyner says:

Just got back from a McD’s in Chicago, and they are not doing cheap burgers. I was quite disappointed. :(

10. Farquar says:

No $0.59 cheeseburgers for me. I went and asked.. I got blank stares, and finally she said “Do what? Cheeseburgers ain’t on the dollar menu.”

I let it go. The McD’s website makes no mention of this either.. has anyone confirmed that this sale actually exists or are we taking a random message board post at its word?

11. DeleteThisAccount says:

@Farquar: Also not going on in Chicago market….

12. DeleteThisAccount says:

@mewyn dyner: You should of texted me to let me know. lol

13. Gaambit says:

B&N is also having a Buy2Get1 sale on all of their DVDs in stores (and yes, that includes box sets too – last year I caught up on my Simpsons sets pretty fast!)

14. ElizabethD says:

@Farquar:

That message board link with the McDonald’s $.59 burgers is years old!

I was driving through McD’s at lunchtime for a Coke and asked about the burger promotion. No one had heard of it and cheeseburgers were the usual $1.00 apiece.

15. Farquar says:

@ElizabethD: That message board post they link to here was posted at midnight today (yesterday?).

Still doesn’t mean they aren’t full of shit. Because it appears that they are.

16. Ben Popken says:

While I havne’t been able to find an official McD mention, SlickDeals says it’s up to the local market to decide to honor:

[forums.slickdeals.net]

Confirmed! McDonald’s 49cent Hamburger ~ 59cent Cheeseburger Summer Promotion.
    Limit of 10 per person(order) – NO coupon required.
    Commercial was from a National channel…Should be Nation Wide
    UPDATE: 6/5/2008 8:30am. Confirmed with McD corporate: “It’s a National Summer Long Promotion”!
    HOWEVER, Subject to LOCAL Franchise and Store Participation.
    Most Larger States and Markets should have Participating stores. Smaller markets most likely SOL.
    If a commercial appears in your market you are GOLDEN(pun intended) or call local store…(in this case OK to call)

17. DeleteThisAccount says:

@Ben Popken: Chicago not a smaller market… Hell, McDonalds is based over here in Oak Park. I should go over there and demand my 49 cent burgers! Are you with me mewyn dyner???

18. ElizabethD says:

Boycott McDonald’s!

19. Ftp1423 says:

Only 10!!! Christ what are they trying to do… STARVE US????