Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds

Here are five special photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, chosen because they’re both neat and could possibly be used in a Consumerist post. Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Title: “Most awkward smile evar”

(Photo: Maulleigh)

Caption: “They must be using some kind of magic butt-mold to hold these things in that shape.”

(Photo: stirwise)

Title: “i suppose this is cheap”

(Photo: dejay181)

Title: “Walk a Mile In His Shoes”

(Photo: Breslow)

Caption: “I got a deal just for you!”

(Photo: iDream_in_Infrared)

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post.

Comments

1. Myownheroine says:

Is the first one really necessary? Making fun of random people is not kosher.

2. JackHandey says:

@Myownheroine:
    Agreed.

3. Dobernala says:

@Myownheroine: oy vey!

4. MayorBee says:

The last one looks like a cross between Steve-O and Velvet Kramer. Coincidentally enough, someone in the office I’m visiting has a Velvet Kramer on their wall.

5. geeky_reader says:

Although the first one is awkward and does produce a smirk on my face, I don’t think it should be used by a publication (and I consider The Consumerist to be a publication).

6. PineRoot says:

You have to know that if your picture with a creepy smile is up for the public to view, then someone will probably say something about it…

7. ophmarketing says:

Here’s a tip: If you work at a bank where the “Branch Manager” sign has a replaceable section for the name and picture (complete with a finger tab for easy removal), you might not have the kind of job security you were hoping for.

8. dragonfire81 says:

I like the used care salesman type guy.

9. nsv says:

Seconded on the branch manager pic, guys. Tell me your job has never forced you to do something you didn’t want to do.

10. Elvisisdead says:

She has the pained smile that can only come from being dealing with a Consumerist reader and hearing, “Have you ever read a website called The Consumerist?”

11. Elvisisdead says:

scratch “being”.

12. Dirk says:

It’s kind of uncool to post the first photo and make funny of this woman. When did this site become Gawker?

13. strathmeyer says:

“The image associated with this post is best viewed using a browser.”

Oh, man, how on earth do you think I’m reading the web???

14. scoobydoo says:

Oh please. The lady in the first photo appears to work for Chase. And after everything Chase has (not) done to us/for us, I’d say that anyone working for them is free to be targeted.

15. theblackdog says:

I don’t think the name of the branch manager should be posted like that. Consumerist is always taking out the names of people in letters that are submitted, so why is this standard not being applied to the pictures?

Her name should be blurred out at the very least.

16. Dirk says:

@scoobydoo: That’s interesting logic. So where do you work, scoobydoo?

17. milw123 says:

I know that in my case, anytime a picture is taken of me at work I either have an uncomfortable, forced smile or I am too busy to realize a picture is being taken. I’m lucky that mine is only on my ID/passcard and not out in some lobby.

18. cstx says:

I agree…the lady may have an interesting “do” but leave her alone.

19. scoobydoo says:

@Dirk: I don’t work anywhere that has ever screwed over 1000′s of people or made Consumerist numerous times. If that ever changes, I’ll be sure to send in a mugshot to Ben and Meghann with my dorkiest smile.

20. MissPeacock says:

I feel really, REALLY badly for JoAnne. Can’t you take down the picture or at least remove the name?? She hasn’t done anything to anyone.

21. scoobydoo says:

@MissPeacock: “She hasn’t done anything to anyone”

How do you know? She’s a branch manager with Chase, so the odds of “not doing anything to anyone” are pretty slim.

22. Carl3000 says:

If you say JoAnne Panzarella 3 times into a mirror she will appear behind you, smiling awkwardly

23. MissPeacock says:

@scoobydoo: Heh.

24. JDAC says:

Oh bitch bitch bitch! Public facing signboard gets public exposure; Story at 11.

25. GreatCaesarsGhost says:

@scoobydoo:
    So everyone that works at Chase automatically qualifies for public ridicule? That’s nice. And if she’s a manager at Chase, we know she couldn’t possibly be a nice person.

You, sir, are an ass.

26. EBone says:

I think the first picture is hilarious, and if it’s going to be put up, larger than life in a bank or other commercial establishment, it’s up for grabs for being funny.

Now I’m off to Fark to give them a tip for a new photoshop contest…

27. GreatCaesarsGhost says:

@EBone:
    Larger than life? It’s at best a 4×6.
    Of course, JoAnne did not have a choice of having her picture posted. I hope at least she had the option of choosing another picture.

@ophmarketing:
    It’s funny you should mention the finger tab, cuz JoAnne’s pic is no longer there.

28. Titan0 says:

I have to say that I agree that the first image is tasteless and very un-consumerist. She’s probably just someone’s mom trying to pay the bills.

29. bjarmson says:

What the hell is “Consumerist” about these pictures?

30. EBone says:

@GreatCaesarsGhost: 4×6″? Wow, the depth of field in that shot makes it look like a poster-size standing display in the bank lobby to me. Well, that’s optical effects for you.

31. elisa says:

The first one shouldn’t have her name. Would you want to be made fun of on the Internet, for something you had no control over? (I bet the pic & sign was mandatory…)

Now, about the OTHER pics: I really like the “Walk in his shoes” one. I see the bottle recyclers all the time, I try to put them separately by our dumpster (I live in a complex) if I can, and so do other ppl who live here. The composition of the pic is good too. What city is it?

The others: I wish my butt was like that! and yes, $3.79 is but a fond and distant memory these days…

I want to punch the guy in the last pic in the face!

32. d2306 says:

I agree with Titan0. Personal attacks on someone don’t really have a place here.