Moreno And Woods: Scammy Debt Collectors Who Lie And Harrass

Erin was the recipient of a recent scam attempt from Moreno and Woods, a debt collection agency that—according to her account and others found online—uses abusive tactics and fraudulent claims to try to con people into paying off debts they never owed to avoid things like wage garnishments and lawsuits. Erin fought back, and shared her story with us to warn others.

I received a voicemail today (5/27/08) out of the blue from a man who identified himself as David Cooper from Moreno and Woods. He said he was calling regarding Case Docket #93659, and that I must return his call immediately or else “the matter” could result in wage garnishment, denial of credit, or closing of existing lines of credit. He gave his number as 866-928-3160, ext. 109. Since the voicemail didn’t provide any information that would allow me to discount the matter out of hand, I returned my call.

Cooper retrieved my file, asked if I was Ms. [redacted] – I said I was – and asked me to confirm the last four digits of my SSN – I did not reply to that. I asked him what the call was regarding, and he said that they had a “judgement” against me from Bank of America regarding an outstanding balance of $20,000 on Visa account ending #1181 that was opened in 2001 and closed in 2004. (To the best of my knowledge this account never existed, let alone belonged to me – even supposing someone else had opened it in my name, there should have been some contact regarding it at some point, or a record of it on my credit report). I asked in what court the judgement was obtained, and he said they had the judgement “in the office.” I asked again what that meant, and what court of law had entered a judgement against me. He said that technically there was not a judgement yet, but three debt collections agencies had tried to get this money and so the claim was being filed in [redacted] County (where I reside – looks like they’re smart enough now to Google area codes before they get on the phone) on May 30.

I said that I had no recollection of that account, had never been contacted by a collection agency, and that I have done business with Bank of America regularly over the past several years. I asked if he thought it was odd such an issue would not have arisen in that time. He said it was odd but he wasn’t making it up and if anything someone might have stolen my identity. I said that I check my credit report regularly, and said that if someone has accumulated this debt by using my information, it would be extremely odd that it had not shown up on my credit report, and that neither BofA or a debt collection agency had contacted me in the intervening six years since the account was supposedly opened, or the four years since it supposedly defaulted. He agreed and said he was just trying to figure it since “the judgement” was against me for $20,000. At that point I told him that there might be people who fall for this sort of thing but I wasn’t one of them.

He again tried to say that it wasn’t up to him, there wasn’t anything to “fall for” because he was looking at my folder right there, and there was a judgement against me in court. I asked in what court the claim had been heard – he said again it was going to [redacted] County and would be entered there. I said I understood that, but he had already referenced a docket number (93659) and I wanted to know what court of law had provided that docket number, since a docket number would not have been generated unless a claim had already been filed against me somewhere. He said, “The docket number is here – it’s number 93659.” I asked again what court of law had provided that docket number. He could not answer (obviously, since it is a scare tactic and no claim has been filed against me anywhere).

Finally I said he had already told me so many falsehoods I had no reason to believe anything he had to say – he asked, “What, falsehoods?” I said, “You called my home, you left a threatening message saying that a claim had filed against me in court and that I could face financial penalties, then when I called you said a judgement had been entered against me – none of that is true!” He asked me to hold on (sounded like he was trying to get a supervisor on the line or something) and I refused, saying “And I’m going to ask here not to call here again,” and then hanging up.

Immediately following this conversation, I went online and obtained my credit reports from the three credit agencies (I had not obtained them in just over a year). Everything was in order – I printed off the reports – but while I was printing the last one an inquiry showed up on it from Marshall & Ziolkowski, a well known rip-off company who are now apparently using Moreno and Woods as a front. I immediately put a fraud alert on my reports as well. Hopefully this is the end of it, but I’m prepared to take legal action if they continue to contact me or try to report this fraudulent debt to the credit agencies.

I am just disgusted. The attitude would have been bad enough even if the debt existed, and since it DOES NOT EXIST, it’s even worse. And as mad as I am, I’m glad they called me instead of someone who might have believed their scare tactics and paid them – I’ve worked in the legal field before (specifically, I have worked with creditors on debt consolidation and relief for the disabled and injured), I know my few debts down the cent and I am current on all of them, I am not easily intimidated over the phone, I know how to check my credit report, add a fraud alert, and dispute fraudulent claims, I know my rights and I know what information a legitimate company would have to prove any real debt – how absolutely terrified would I be if I didn’t know any of those things? If I thought maybe there WAS some huge bill out there that I now had to pay or face legal penalties? These people should be in prison.

Erin points out that, should they call back, she has several options open to her:

RELATED
Moreno and Woods [800notes.com]
“Report: Moreno And Woods”[Rip-off Report]

Comments

1. Wow, she handled herself fabulously. The other thing that comes to mind is to request that they send/fax verification of the debt. Usually, when a valid debt goes to collections, the original creditor provides the collections agent with documentation.

2. ratnerstar says:

I nominate Erin for “Most Awesome Person of the Week.”

3. Oh, another thought: I wonder how Marshall & Ziolkowski got her SSN to run her credit….

4. cef21 says:

The fact that they have a docket number means nothing. Attorneys use various docketing systems inside their own offices, and there’s nothing preventing a debt collector from doing so as well. In this case, that probably just means that her case was assigned a number by the debt collectors.

5. jadenton says:

Personally, I like to keep an air horn next to the phone for this very reason. One good blast and they have to take a time out before calling their next victim.

6. m1k3g says:

“The next steps, if they pursue this, could include me sending a demand for debt validation and/or cease and desist orders; reporting them to the BBB and relevant AGs [Attorney Generals]; and suing them for any violations of FDCPA or FCRA.’

I would have already done all of these things. I hate scammers that try to intimidate people and I LOVE giving them a taste of their own medicine!

7. LorneReams says:

Saying that a judgment has been entered and mentioning wage garnishment when the person calling doesn’t represent a law office and there being no actual judgment makes this a open and shut FDCPA violation(s). This story is something I would expect to see as a simplified example of a violation in a handbook. This is the easiest money you can ever make…it’s 100% slam dunk in court.

8. Truvill says:

From the “official” website:

“Moreno and Woods is a technologically sophisticated accounts receivable management organization.”

LOL sophisticated. Also, right below the “Next Event” button there looks like a placeholder for…

Well, we’ll never know, since it still has “Include a short description here.” written on it XD

9. mmstk101 says:

Wow. @ratnerstar: I totally second that nomination.

10. You-Me-Us says:

Wonder of they pay him enough to do 30 years for them?

18 U.S.C. § 1343:
    Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

11. @LorneReams: Unless the phone call was recorded and Erin could get a copy of it, it’d be her word against Cooper’s in a hearing as to whether words were said to misrepresent Cooper as a lawyer.

12. whatdoyoucare says:

Wow! After reading that I realized that I have a lot to learn about protecting myself. If I would have received that call I can guarantee that I wouldn’t have been as in control as she was. I probably would have panicked. Thanks for the lesson and keep up the great stories!

13. Black Bellamy says:

I wouldn’t let the conversation go so long and take up my time. I would have said great, I’m looking forward to settling this matter, just send me proof the debt is mine through the mail, and this is your formal notice not to call me again.

14. 420greg says:

They already owe $1000 as per the FDCPA for pulling you credit report with out permission. File a suit in small claims court against them for the NPP in the county you reside in.

Chances are they will no-show and you will get a default judgment.

I got a default judgement for $1000 against a local debt collector for this same reason. After 30 days I showed up at their office with a sheriffs deputy (my brother -in-law). He informed the boss we were going to take $1000 worth of computer equipment, and he was going to go to jail for contempt. I had my check for $1000 in less them 5 minutes.

15. Radoman says:

What’s the deal with the fake debt collectors lately? It sure seems like there’s a lot of this kind of thing going around.

1)Make up phony debt.
    2)Scare less informed folks into paying.
    3)Profit.

It’s like a business can get away with anything lately. Isn’t there anyone watching these guys? Geez.

Try this: “Ya, buddy. I hear you. The last guy who called with fake debt couldn’t prove it to my lawyer. Can I just give you his number to shorten this conversation?”

Shouldn’t matter if you have a lawyer or not. Believe me, they don’t want to talk to any lawyers. They know they’re up to no good.

16. Always ask for a copy of everything in writing.

Use the excuse that you are slow to comprehend or unable to clearly hear the conversation.

And then wait for the mail that never arrives because the scammers never want to mail any document.

Ya see, mail fraud is so easy to prove when the documents are mailed to you.

17. LorneReams says:

@heavylee-again:

In small claims court, with additional info and a history of these actions, the magistrate tends to give the consumer the benefit of the doubt. Your point is valid though, record all calls. Legitimate parties will have no problem with being recorded, and if they don’t, then problem solved anyway.

18. thwarted says:

@ratnerstar: Ditto. She needs to write for Consumerist.

19. SchuylerH says:

If this happens to me, I plan to adopt a slow Southern drawl and keep repeating, “Yer not gittin’ mah account number.”

20. thalia says:

Bravo! It’s nice to read a story about someone who knows what’s going on and knows the steps necessary to protect themselves. She did everything right in this case. You go Erin!

21. Nytmare says:

$20k sounds awfully greedy for random cash grabs. Or are they hoping for that 1 person in 1000 attempted victims being drunk, dumb, or insane enough to ok a payment?

22. MrDo says:

Wait, how did they obtain authorization to pull her credit? I would think they were in violation of FCRA just by pulling a credit report when there was no legitimate reason to do so.

23. LorneReams says:

@nytmare:

If you think you have a judgment against you for $20K, you will be more likely to accept a settlement for $8K…even less as they work you.

24. Wormfather says:

Erin did sound great to all you guys, but I’m gonna have to go blame the victim here.

Did Erin ever once think of the person on the other end of the phone who was just doing there job?

Or maybe like me, Erin (who actually shares my namesake but of the opposite gender) was in college in 2001, drinking heavely and passing out from time to time. Under those circumstances, isnt it possble she opened a credit line for $20K.

Perhaps this was a radio prank call and at the end her (insert loved one here) was going to tell it was all a joke and that everyone loves her.

Finally, when someone even hints that they have the authority of the law behind them, the law states that you are supposed to cower and kneel to their demands, so even though Erin was right on the physical evidence, she’s very wrong in person.

Less of this and more of poor ladies being arrested because someoen stole a credit card and had the items shipped to her house resulting in her unlawful arrest. Real victims only for me.

25. Wormfather says:

wrong in person=wrong in principle

26. macinjosh says:

@SchuylerH: Please remind me what that’s from.

27. am84 says:

@jadenton: Hahahaha, do you really do this? Does it work?

28. newfenoix says:

Send a certified letter to the agency demanding to see the so-called judgement. Before you do this, contact Bank of America and get documentation that you have never had a credit card with the stated numbers. Also make it crystal clear that you are filing suit against them for fraud. I had to something similar to an attorney in Little Rock, AR. He was never charged with a crime but he was disbarred for ethics violations.

29. basket548 says:

@Wormfather:

I really hope that’s sarcastic and my radar is just way off today. Otherwise, your explanations are pitiful at best.

Oh, and there=his. A rare grammatical twofer.

30. RAREBREED says:

The SAME Thing keeps happening to my GF!

31. reiyaku says:

@Wormfather: dude… thats so many what if’s… and the law does not state that you are suppose to cower and kneel to their demands… what kinda third world country are you from?

32. Snakeophelia says:

@SchuylerH: Given that I’m from South Carolina, I could pull off the drawl with no problem.

I recently had a debt collector leave me a message in regard to some docket number of another. The thing is, (a) I know all three of my credit reports look fine, and (b) I know that there are at least two other women in the US with my name, and one with my exact full name (my last name is very rare). I figure the collections agency got a hold of my cell number through a directory and was calling women with my name at random, and leaving us all threatening messages. Not as sleazy as Erin’s story, but it did remind me of “The Terminator”, where Arnold was just knocking off all the Sarah Connors, just to be sure.

33. Roycester says:

At budhibbs.com, we’re beating up on these guys daily.

[www.budhibbs.com]

they’re also known as Kingman and Cole, Moreno and Woods, etc.

34. RedSonSuperDave says:

Okay, I’m convinced. What’s a good cheap device I can use to record phone calls?

35. basket548 says:

@jadenton: @am84:

Yeah, I love this idea. Start talking really quietly…and then BLAM.

36. Wormfather says:

@basket548 & @reiyaku: Yeah guys, there was MAJOR sarcasm there. Meant to insight laughter, not WTFter.

37. AAARRGGHHH!! Judgment, not Judgement!

38. Pink Puppet says:

@Wormfather: Well, I giggled a bit, at least.

39. nedzeppelin says:

it would have been a lot more clever if they had used a 75-cents-a-minute toll line as the number they told you to call back to.

40. basket548 says:

@Wormfather:

In that case, well done. Guess I’m just way used to oh so many, let’s say, ‘uninformed’ opinions on Consumerist.

41. reiyaku says:

@Wormfather: LOL! yea, i was pretty much like wtf?

42. Sidecutter says:

@LorneReams: We don’t even need that. They left a voicemail that containe dinformation that would tell someone else she was in this supposed debt and owed money. Leaving messages in theat fashion is illegal all by itself.

43. SchuylerH says:

@macinjosh:

Original story here.

44. Sounds like wire fraud to me.

45. Or maybe not – I’m thinking of something else :)

46. gnimsh says:

Just wanted to say that you will not always see suspicious behavior on your credit reports. I read an article today about an illegal immmigrant from Mexico who acquired this woman’s social security number in order to get a job, and she only found out about it while looking at her 401(k) printout which had his name listed on it as well as her’s. She dug deeper and found that there are so many privacy laws that even if you do a credit check only YOUR name will show up under your SS number, not the 2nd person’s who ALSO has your SS. This means that you could have no idea anyone even has your SS number until you decide to go apply for a credit card and get turned down, or find out someone has taken out thousands of dollars of loans in your name. They call these a “sub-file” and you cannot see them even in your own credit report. Its scary.
    Link to story: [redtape.msnbc.com]

47. @gnimsh:

Sometimes reading this site makes me sad, as I think about all the different systems we are all-but forced to participate in, which are designed to basically screw us.

48. Breach says:

I would have reported them and their masters to the BB and every other agency that would give a damn. These people prey on the innocent and it should not be tolerated. Luckily there are the few who know enough like her to tell them to die in a fire.

My fiance has had a lot of problems like this, weird debt collectors coming at her with debts that are nowhere in her credit reports. Even the “collection notices” were misspelled repeatedly! We just put them through the shredder, never heard from them again.

49. jjeeff says:

Another thing that should be done with these callers is to ask for their full name, the company’s full name, phone number and address of the building they are sitting in. A bogus caller will refuse to give this info since this info is the minimum necessary to pursue a criminal case.

50. geoffhazel says:

Trying to resolve this kind of thing or even reporting them to BBB sounds like a waste of time.

They’re scammers, they know it, and could care less if they have “unresolved complaints” logged against them.

51. JiminyChristmas says:

@Snakeophelia: I had a very similar thing happen to me once, only the entity calling to collect was the IRS.

The person they were looking for had the exact same name as me and owed the feds something like $45,000. I knew right away it was a mixup because I was 20 years old at the time and hadn’t even grossed $45K in my life yet. Luckily, once it was clear that me and my doppelganger had different SSNs and DOBs the whole thing went away.

52. Nighthawke says:

Two men enter! One man leaves!
    Two men enter! One man leaves!
    Two men enter! One man leaves!

Al la Thunderdome…

53. unpolloloco says:

Sue them under the guise of the do not call registry via small claims. Get a couple hundred bucks for your trouble

54. ekaptian says:

Hi, all! I’m Erin from the original post. Thanks for all your words of encouragement :-)

The only reason I called them back in the first place is that we were recently in serious car accident and I wanted to make sure it wasn’t related to that in any way. Once I figured it out it was just some scummy scam artist I started seeing red. I do take the threat of identity theft seriously, but, I swear, if you had talked to this guy it was just comical the way he was trying to use faux-legalese to cover the fact that the whole thing was total BS and he had no actual information. My favorite part was how fervently he wanted me to believe that the proof of the debt, claim, and judgement was “in the folder,” as if the existence of some paper generated in their own office was proof enough of my liability.

I’m sure I could win a claim against them for FDCPA and/or FCRA violations, at the very least, but I’d prefer they go away. (Also, I doubt I’d ever see a dime, so I’d just be out the filing fee.) If they don’t go away, though, I’m fully prepared to go after them in court. As I said before, for me this is an annoyance, but it makes me really upset to think about them taking advantage of people who would understandably be intimidated by this sort of aggression.

55. Tank says:

@heavylee-again: Depending on which credit bureau they subscribe to, they may have run a report without her SSN, and gotten it when they received the report. Trans-Union doesn’t require a SSN when pulling a report, only a name and address.

56. bohemian says:

Exactly WHERE are you supposed to file a FDCPA court case if you catch someone violating the law. I have had at least three of these issues over the years and our state AG’s office was only able to tell me to file it myself in “federal court”. I would really like to fight back if I ever get hit by one of these scammers again. The last one was violating a bunch of FDCPA laws over a debt a company I used to work for had.

57. First thing I’d be wondering is how they picked me and where’d they get my info… In your shoes I’d be all about going along with the guy on the phone and pumping him for information. If a collector keeps you on the phone — which they want to do — they are just as likely to hang themselves. Play dumb and pump him for info.

It would be very odd for a $20K delinquent credit card to not be reported to the credit bureaus… and it’s a rare person that could forget having one.

Make sure you give a blow by blow of round two.

58. huadpe says:

@bohemian: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

But since they called your house, at least part of the fraud took place at your home, and you could sue in the local District Court.

There is no federal small claims, so you’ll need a lawyer.

59. mythago says:

Erin is full of free-range awesome.

On recording phone calls – many states require BOTH parties to consent to recording (unless you have a warrant), so be sure to tell the scammer you are recording the call for quality assurance and you are sure they are doing likewise.

You do not have to have a lawyer to file in any court, but if you’re filing in Federal court it’s a very, very good idea to do so.

60. joellevand says:

What everyone else has said.

(DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer; I just work with them!)

Just to add, though: if someone has a judgment against you, they were required to notify you, in writing, and have you personally served (which can be registered mail in some states, btw, and in some states by sheriff) with the complaint against you. While failure to reply can lead to a default or summary judgment in your state (check statutes, court rules, etc.) you have the right to know what you are being sued for and the right to respond. Companies cannot just get a judgment against you (in most states, AFAIK) without your knowledge! Asking details such as “in what county” and “what docket number” are good, but better yet, ask

Date in which it was filed.
    Method it was served upon you.
    Date the judgment was entered.
    Name of the judge who entered the judgment.

If they then backpedal with the “oh, we’re about to file it” then you can simply reply, “Well, when I am served with the copy of the complaint, then you can discuss the case with my attorney, but I have nothing more to say until I have reviewed the court complaint with my attorney.” That should shut them the hell up as well.

61. joellevand says:

Oh, and if they *do* have a judgment against you and you were never notified, you can and probably should demand proof of service and a transcript of the court proceedings, as now they’ve added perjury to their fraud charges!

62. Taed says:

I figured that I just had to share this tidbit. My wife got a call a few months ago from a collection agency saying that she owed $400 or so to Lane Bryant. She had not bought anything from them in a while, so she asked when the bill was from. Some shuffling of papers, and the caller answers… 1983. We then asked for written proof of the debt and proof that it was not past the statute of limitations. The caller said that they’d get back to us, but it’s been a while and we haven’t heard anything.

If it had been Lane Bryant that called, we would have gladly paid the money since the debt was probable (at the time my wife would have been 16, and she was financially irresponsible), even if we didn’t have to due to the statue of limitations. But to pay a middleman collection agency just doesn’t feel right.

63. RichardSS says:

I did a whois look up on their website and here are the results

[www.whois-search.com]

Not only is the website only about 5 months old, it’s hosted on Yahoo! Web Hosting, very professional for a collection agency. Big legitimate businesses would have their own private server.

Notice the title on their homepage just says “Home Page” instead of something professional.

[www.morenoandwoods.com]

Read the comments on the 800notes.com link and you’ll learn more about Michael Azzinaro’s and Marshall & Ziolkowski’s shady activity.

Domain Name………. morenoandwoods.com
    Creation Date…….. 2008-01-31
    Registration Date…. 2008-01-31
    Expiry Date………. 2009-01-31
    Organisation Name…. michael azzinaro
    Organisation Address. 1900 empire blvd.
    Organisation Address. # 252
    Organisation Address. webster
    Organisation Address. 14580
    Organisation Address. NY
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name……….. michael azzinaro
    Admin Address…….. 1900 empire blvd.
    Admin Address…….. # 252
    Admin Address…….. webster
    Admin Address…….. 14580
    Admin Address…….. NY
    Admin Address…….. UNITED STATES
    Admin Email………. Email address protected from spam harvesters
    Admin Phone………. +1.8006906293
    Admin Fax…………

Tech Name………… YahooDomains TechContact
    Tech Address……… 701 First Ave.
    Tech Address………
    Tech Address……… Sunnyvale
    Tech Address……… 94089
    Tech Address……… CA
    Tech Address……… UNITED STATES
    Tech Email……….. Email address protected from spam harvesters
    Tech Phone……….. +1.6198813096
    Tech Fax………….
    Name Server………. yns1.yahoo.com
    Name Server………. yns2.yahoo.com

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
    with many different competing registrars. Go to [www.internic.net]
    for detailed information.

Domain Name: MORENOANDWOODS.COM
    Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
    Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
    Referral URL: [www.melbourneit.com]
    Name Server: YNS1.YAHOO.COM
    Name Server: YNS2.YAHOO.COM
    Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Updated Date: 30-jan-2008
    Creation Date: 30-jan-2008
    Expiration Date: 30-jan-2009

>>> Last update of whois database: Wed, 28 May 2008 23:23:26 EDT <<<

64. ElenorR says:

My lawyer stated that you never give a scummy collection agency your lawyer’s contact information. The people will call the lawyer multiple times with nuisance calls. When the agency calls you, it is your time, when they call your attorney, it is their time and your money.

If a scummy agency is harassing you or breaking the law, then your attorney can contact them via mail and only accept mail in return.

65. Machina says:

It’s good to check if your state allows phone recordings. A lot of laws on recording phone calls are to prevent wire taps, and as such some states are 50% states. In these states only one of the 2 parties on the phone needs to know of the recording, in this case being you.

A good website to check this is: [www.rcfp.org]

So for example, in Virginia as long as YOU know you are recording a phone call, it is legal (funny eh?)

If this were me, I would sue the crap out of them, but the OP is just plain awesome anyways.

66. Nick1693 says:

Also, in most places, you can press *57 after you hang up every time they call, and if you press *57 like 5 times, you can go to the police and get their address or w/e.

67. atroxodisse says:

I received a letter in the mail from a similar company saying I owed them $2400 in medical debit. Since I don’t owe this money I was pretty annoyed. I learned that sending a bill in the mail for services you know were never rendered is mail fraud. I have kept the letter should they try to contact me again. They did call on the phone but when it was pointed out that they were well known to be a company that fraudulently tries to collect medical debts they hung up and haven’t called since.

68. wildhalcyon says:

Congrats. I got contacted by Moreno and Woods with a very similar claim. It was for a citibank card that was supposedly overdue from 2005, but the only address they had on file was from 2000, when I was living in a different state. It was a big red flag, and I eventually sent out a DV letter to them; never heard back. I checked my credit report when they first contacted me and everything was fine – that account was not listed (although two other citibank accounts were listed). That was two months ago, so I’ll have to pull my credit reports again pretty soon and make sure they didn’t illegally post an account I was disputing on my credit report.

69. XiangCabeal says:

@ekaptian:
    Erin’s one tough as nails gal I have to say … way to go!

These knuckleheads have contacted me twice in the past 6 months or so trying
    to collect $17,851.62 they claim my Dad owes on a Bank Of America Visa card.
    Funny thing is, he’s never had any credit card from Bank Of America, and has
    never applied for one…

The first call I got from them (some months ago) was made by an individual
    who gave his name as (but it was very likely bogus…) as Joseph Strauss. He
    stated this was a courtesy call regarding a complaint that my Dad is
    supposed to have made with the Sheriff’s Department – that was the first
    indicator he was suffering from fecal retention syndrome…

I asked this person which Sheriff’s Department he was calling from – he
    immediately started going off in another direction and did not answer my
    question…

Most importantly, my Dad has never made any complaint with any law
    enforcement agency, which I knew but did not reveal to this Joseph
    Strauss…

By this time I was really starting to enjoy this person making a horses xxx
    out of himself…

I told him my Dad has never had, and never applied for a Bank Of America
    Visa card, and if he had the proof he claimed to have, then put up or shut
    up, meaning send me proof of the debt…

This is when it really got interesting…

This Joseph Strauss started using such profanity, the likes of which would
    make a drunker sailor cover his ears!

I hung up on him, he called back, I hung up on him again and he called back.
    This went on for about 20 minutes before he gave up I guess and didn’t call
    back again…

I just a few days ago, on 6/11/2008, received another call from these
    knuckleheads. It was a female this time, but if she gave her name, I didn’t
    catch it…

She implied that she was calling from an attorney’s office – which I’ve
    learned by my perusal online about this Moreno And Woods bunch is a-typical
    of their tactics…

I asked this person when was this debt incurred, and other specific
    questions, all of which were met with more profanity…

My conclusion? They are liars! They are scavengers, bottom feeders …want
    me to keep going??? They’re all mouth and have no testicular structure…

Stand up to them, and they’ll punk out…

Tito D In Los Angeles

70. ShabanaGauth says:

@Tank:
    As to obtaining your social security number … there are any number of
    sources where that kind of information can be obtained, both legitimate and
    otherwise. And given the well documented sleazy reputation that Moreno &
    Woods have, it’s highly unlikely it was obtained by any legtitmate means…

The way they do business speaks for itself…

Tito D

71. mercerier says:

I have been harassing these moreno and woods ex convicts for a long time now. They tried to commit fraud against me . They have ex convicts working for them. Would you give money to these people? NO . They TRIED to say i had a bad debt. The credit card number never existed , even confirmed it by the credit card company. The company said they were trying to scam me and not to pay it. After a lengthy online and personal investigation , since i found out i live only 100 miles away from them, i was to without a doubt whatso ever come to the conclusion they are a fraud. So sue me for harassment scumbags. You wont because you know i will publically expose you and some of you dont want to break your probation . Yes i know now all about the people working there. When you target a law enforcement person to scam , well you screwed up. Let me warn everybody. Dont give these people anything , PERIOD.