America's Most And Least Admired Products And Services: Budweiser Is Good, Coors Is Not

Each year Fortune magazine does a survey to determine America’s most admired companies. We took a look at their data and found the top 10 most admired companies for the quality of their products and services. We also found the least admired.

Oddly, beer topped each of the lists. Anheuser-Busch is the company most admired for the quality of its products, while Molson Coors is the least admired. The full lists inside.

The Top 10 Most Admired Companies Based On Quality of Products Or Services:

The Top 10 Least Admired Companies Based On Quality of Products Or Services:

1 Molson Coors Brewing
2 Amtrak
3 Dollar General
4 US Airways Group
5 Family Dollar Stores
6 Constellation Brands (Arbor Mist wine)
7 WellCare Health Plans
8 Amerco (parent company of U-Haul)
9 Northwest Airlines
10 Sears Holdings

What companies do you admire?

Best & Worst: Quality of Products And Services [Fortune]
(Photo: *nomad* )

Comments

1. savvy9999 says:

I tend to admire good people and beautiful places or things in nature; companies and their commoditized stuff, not so much.

But I guess to be a good commentor, I’d put National Geographic magazine up there. Rather undervalued, but top quality all around, always has been.

Others: Leatherman tools, Jones Sodas, LEGOs, Bicycle Playing Cards, Hohner harmonicas.

2. Toyota good, Honda bad.

3. blong81 says:

I’m suprised Adobe Systems is on there. They annoy the hell out of me after every time I open something I get a pop up saying that there is an update ready to be installed.

4. bohemian says:

I can’t believe Medco and UPS are in the admired list. Uhaul & Sears in the hate list, I would be distressed if they were not on that list.

Companies I admire? Nordstrom, Caribou Coffee, Micron pens.
    I have always been happy with said product involved or never had service that I would consider a negative experience.
    Throw Trader Joes in there for good measure.

5. parad0x360 says:

Wait what? Budweiser is good? Its one of the worst tasting alcoholic beverages in existance! Did they only poll alcoholics who drink it because its piss poor cheap?

6. amyschiff says:

proctor & gamble can make it on the top quality list just by sheer volume of the products they are responsible for…

7. Tightlines says:

Cue beer snobs in 3…2…1…

8. Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) says:

BMW? For reals? I’ve always more closely associated them with assholes than quality cars.

9. 44 in a Row says:

On a side note, it always amazes me that people don’t know that Blue Moon is made by Coors.

10. Truvill says:

Heh, I worked in 6 of the most admired companies in some capacity in the past.

11. leemajors says:

@parad0x360: their ads suck too. get ready for Budweiser American Ale, coming in October!

12. mgy says:

Most admired companies:

Apple
    Toyota

Least admired:

Bank of America

13. Empire says:

@44 in a Row: Thanks for the tip. I’ll remember not to buy it.

14. Bladefist says:

Adobe? Not to mention their Acrobat reader gains 30 megs every release, and yet, it still only reads pdfs (and fills your system with garbage)

15. nrich239 says:

@44 in a Row: Killians irish red is another one that people don’t know is made by Coors

16. 44 in a Row says:

Thanks for the tip. I’ll remember not to buy it.

I mean, I happen to like it just fine, and buy it when it’s not terribly expensive. But I had a friend who thought it was made by some small Belgian brewery.

17. Bladefist says:

@44 in a Row: There are a ton of great beers made by the huge breweries that they try to keep hidden. Half the marketing is “ooo its Belgian beer”

But realistically, who cares. The beer has less of a hike here, which makes it cheaper and taste better. The only thing you cant replicate from Belgium is their water.

18. Admired:
    - Coca-Cola
    - Paradigm Loudspeakers
    - Pioneer Plasma Televisions
    - Heinz Ketchup (the only Ketchup)
    - Mott’s Apple Juice

Least Admired
    - Pepsi
    - Bose
    - Monster Cable
    - Wal-Mart
    - Off-brand Toilet Paper

19. johnva says:

Did AB pay off Fortune or something? I can see that people would choose them on price, but they’re sort of like the Walmart of the beer world.

20. axiomatic says:

6* Adobe Systems ?!?!?!

W — T — F !!!

Admired for their buggyness? What?

21. Darren W. says:

3M. I’m not much for blind brand loyalty, but 3M products have beaten competitors every time I’ve dared to stray.

22. DavidCopperballs says:

Budweiser would be completely useless if they didn’t provide my tailgates with Busch Light and Natty Light. Whichever 30-rack is cheaper the day before we go. Sure, it’s swill but it makes for good shotgunning and they KNOW it’s swill.

Most admired:
    * Coca-Cola
    * American Express
    * Kenneth Cole
    * Marriott
    * MGM Mirage

Least admired:
    * Pepsi
    * Domino’s
    * GM
    * American Airlines
    * UPS
    * AT&T
    * ESPN
    * And, of course, Budweiser. Everything except Busch Light and Natty Light is swill trying to pretend it’s not.

23. Gann says:

Good:
    Calphalon
    Dewalt
    Apple
    Tempurpedic
    Smartwater (glaceau)

Bad:
    Walmart
    Ikea
    Best Buy
    McDonalds (and all like it)
    Coca-Cola (and all like it)

24. Gann says:

Oh and Adobe=good, at least for Illustrator and Photoshop.

25. FatLynn says:

I’m sure Bud only made the list because they came up with Bud Chelada.

26. BlackFlag55 says:

Beer? That ain’t beer. I’ve had beer. Of course I was in Germany at the time. Light American beer is a redundancy. If Coors gets any lighter it’ll come right out of a kitchen faucet.

Boy, I’d sure like to get a look at the raw statistical data on this, etc. The real companies that conduct themselves honorably never make the list to choose from. Wonder why that is?

27. linkura says:

Medco is horrible. Did corporate shills vote for this?

28. Me - now with more humidity says:

I also love LEGO, but it’s not an American company. And say what you will about domestic beer, but AB is consistent, affordable and have several tasty brews.

29. Bladefist says:

Are we all doing our own lists now?

Good:
    Enron
    Dell
    Countrywide

Bad:
    I got nothing. I cant think of any bad companies. They’re all so great.

30. Topcat says:

@Applekid: If you ignore the people who drive them (earpiece-telephoned polo-wearing tossers, the lot), BMW still make some of the best cars around.

I’m actually really surprised Apple isn’t on that list. Not that I’d put them there myself, but that they’re generally well-liked.

31. magic8ball says:

I would like to know what the asterisks are for next to UPS and Adobe.

32. rockasocky says:

I’m sorry, I have to chime in here for all the Bud haters. Anheuser Busch produces/distributes excellent products BESIDES Budweiser, like Becks, Corona, and Stella Artois. And they also own Sea World!

33. VikingP77 says:

@parad0x360: I agree Budweiser is terrible terrible stuff!

34. foxbat2500 says:

Bud and Coors both suck. Support your local microbrewers and drink real beer!

35. dry-roasted-peanuts says:

Only companies I admire:

Nintendo
    (They’ve provided me 22 years of entertainment)

Dr. Martins
    (Comfortable and stylish)

Starbucks
    (Yea, yea, I know, burnt coffee, destroys local shops, yadda, yadda. I drink my coffee with milk, so their coffee tastes just right to me.)

36. Nighthawk Foo says:

@magic8ball: Probably because they tied for sixth place.

37. MerylBurbank says:

Good:
    Costco (neither a product nor service, however)
    Apple

Bad:
    Wal Mart (see Costco)

38. mcpeepants says:

Fortune can go to hell – Molson is ambrosia from the gods…

39. phxman says:

Wonder if this study shows a correlation between Budweiser’s dominance of the gay market and the fact that Coors was run by the homophobe Adolf Coors.

40. Noris says:

@savvy9999: Jones Soda was fine before they put pictures of every jerkface mugging for the camera on their soda.

41. jscott73 says:

Maybe Anheuser-Busch made the list because of their amusement parks.

I have drunken my seasons pass worth of beer at SeaWorld this year. You know it’s free at their beer garden and they have some decent draft-only beers available there, plus my wife likes their bottled mojitos.

Oh yeah, Shamu is kinda kewl too.

42. ConsumptionJunkie says:

In my personal experience, Apple tops the list.

43. What a strange list… The only one I admire is Adobe. Budweiser is horrible. Coors actually tastes good.

44. @linkura:

I didnt’ vote for any of these.

45. Crrusherr says:

anheuser bush is a good company they let me into seaworld for free

46. I wonder if the criteria of this poll was asking just hillbillies. Loos like the priorities are beer, transportation, health and even lawn mowing.

Top of my list are Google, Apple, Target, Netflix and Whole Foods. Bottom of my list are every HMO, Wal-Mart, Bank of America and eBay.

47. HeartBurnKid says:

There are plenty of products that I like… but as far as companies that I admire? That’s an incredibly short and hard-to-populate list, and is mostly filled with little companies. LesserEvil, I guess?

And who the hell would admire Anheuser-Busch based on “quality of products or services”? Their beer is f’n horrible!

48. 12-Inch Idongivafuck Sandwich says:

Wow, my opinion of Fortune magazine has changed drastically from these lists…in the past I felt like I could count on the different Fortune lists…not anymore!!

Oh well…

49. k6richar says:

Poor poor americans, try some other countries beers. In canada your coors is so light we call it coors light, your coors light doesn’t exist in canada.

50. rdldr1 says:

I find it funny that Budweiser made it to the top, Coors is on the bottom. Its kinda like the Ford vs Chevy “debate.” Rivalry amongst domestic car brands is trivial, considering the competition from “foreign” cars. Same with beer, swill is swill.

Im not surprised with Coors with the bad reputation. THE BANQUET BEER? What the Eff kind of marketing is that?

51. angelwings says:

Anheuser-Busch is not just beer…they also own several amusement parks (SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, the new Aquatica, etc) through which they provide services. And while not everyone has to love their beer, they have almost 50% market share in the US, so it’s not insane that they’d be on the list.

52. jeffbone says:

UPS is on the “Most admired” list, but Comcast is nowhere to be found on the “Least admired” list.

Methinks Fortune’s survey methodology is a little suspect. Perhaps they could use a link to the “Worst Company” stories here.

53. BronzeHammer says:

@k6richar:

Using Coors and, worse, Coors Light as representatives of American style lager (whether you like the style or not) is probably an unfair straw man.

It would be like me taking Labatt Blue or Molson Ice, pointing out their mediocrity, and telling you to try some real beers, like Newcastle or Chimay. Not really fair, is it?

54. Oracle989 says:

I like Intrex Computers (NC only company)
    –Good Prices
    –Good Service
    –Good Selection

I hate Apple
    –Form > Function logic
    –Ungodly overpriced products
    –Too proprietary in all areas of their products

55. katzeroo says:

Id be willing to bet the high ratings for Budweiser have a lot more to do with advertising and perception as opposed to the way their beet actually tastes. All that money they spend on Superbowl commercials has to count for something. and remember…this is perception, not necessarily reality. Otherwise Sam Adams would be placing in from of Bud.

United Package Smashers? They’re ok, but Fed Ex would seem to have a better image (to me anyway).

Nordstrom, PG and John Deere make sense. Would like to have seen Toyota up there. Maybe even Panasonic.

I’m surprised Sprint isn’t on the list of worst companies. Can we put all the businesses complicit in causing the housing crash in there too?

56. Copernicus42 says:

I think is actually kind of funny because I just started working for Kirby Vacuums and they were saying how great their products are and that they’ve been around for 95 years because they have such a good brand name. But I guess the fact that they don’t do any major advertising and sell products that cost 2 grand they aren’t very well known anymore.

57. HeartBurnKid says:

@BronzeHammer: Very true. There’s some very good American beers, but, like anything mass-produced, Bud and Coors ain’t it. I’m rather fond of Sam Adams (especially since I started getting their seasonal varieties — good, good stuff), Stone (still haven’t tried their flagship Arrogant Bastard Ale, but the rest of their stuff is quite nice), and Sierra Nevada. Movaje Red is good too, if a bit gritty.

58. Mistrez_Mish says:

How did UPS get on that list? I know so many people, myself included, who will go out of their way to avoid dealing with them. What turned me off?

A while back I had UPS deliver a package to my office… only,it didn’t go as planned. You see, I had had packages delivered to my old office by UPS before without a hitch. Seems that they still had this address on file (mind you I had been at my new job for about 3 years at this point).

The address on the package was correct, my telephone number was there… they decided that it wasn’t such a good idea to call if they became a little confused – it was sent to the old office.

I’m just glad that I hadn’t changed my phone number in the time between leaving the old employer and starting up at the new one or my former co-workers probably wouldn’t have gotten a hold of me.

- The End -

59. @44 in a Row: Wow! You’re right. I didn’t know either; I have a bottle right in front of me and it doesn’t say Coors or Molson anywhere on it.

60. oldtaku says:

Okay, as a brewer myself (of good beer), I need to at least say that it is incredibly hard to produce such a watered down, light, flavorless beer and have it come out consistently. This takes amazing skill on AB’s part – and I mean that seriously. Beer wants to be darker color – just google for Maillard reaction. So assuming that’s what you WANT in the first place, AB does it very well.

61. magic8ball says:

@agiorgio: ::facepalm:: Duh. Thanks.

62. XianZomby says:

USAA; Mag Instruments; Washington Post Company; Apple; Microsoft; General Electric; Honda; Nikon; Zwilling J.A. Henckels; Samsung; NPR; PBS; and the U.S. Department of Defense.

63. Aesteval says:

Captain Morgan all the way.

64. wpnyc says:

@Gann: Glacéau was acquired by Coca Cola in 2007

65. yikz says:

To whomever said DeWalt, they’re owned by Black & Decker.
    I’d put Porter Cable ahead of DeWalt. And Panasonic has a much better 18volt system than DeWalt. Panasonic uses a much better battery (NiMH) and has more torque than DeWalt, with a better clutch system.

Most Admired:
    Target
    Marriott. Superb customer service. I am a platinum traveller, and genuinely enjoy staying at Marriott properties.
    For airlines, I pick Delta. United, American, US Airways, and Northwest have really let customer service go down the toilet. Delta, several years ago, had grouchy employees, but they have really turned it around.

Least Admired
    Best Buy (They only care about making a profit. They don’t care about customer service. They have done nothing to foster customer loyalty. As such, I do not set foot in Best Buy.)
    Comcast (If ANYONE offered broadband in my neighborhood for MORE money and had even slightly better service, I’d switch in a second.)

66. madog says:

“martial arts = good”

“Prime minister of Malaysia = bad”

67. nybiker says:

@magic8ball: Tied for 6th place.

As for my ‘list’: Any company that pays for naming rights to an event (think college bowl game or any other event), a stadium (like the new shitti field here in the big apple), museum (sorta like Cisco Sports Museum also here in NYC, although that are listed as a founding sponsor), or any other item, is a bad company. To me, the selling and buying of naming (and ‘presenting’ as in the Rose Bowl, presented by Citi) rights is the same as the world’s oldest profession and I’m not talking about a bakery. I go out of my way to cut off my nose to spite my face and not patronize companies that think, oh we named the game, you should buy our cell phone. Sorry, not gonna happen. Wouldn’t be prudent.

As for good a company, Tiffany’s has always given me excellent customer service. How do I prove they only gave me 11 champagne glasses and one was cracked when I paid for 12? I just told them and then they looked up my order (and no, I didn’t have my receipt, as I had gone in to the store just to ask what I would have to do) and in 5 minutes the agent came out with the blue box with 2 new glasses.

68. Farquar says:

As for companies I have not seen listed yet that I’m suprised about:

Chik-fil-a (you should read Truett Cathy’s book), Navy Federal, USAA.

On the Beer Snob/Hillbilly debate: I think some of you are confusing taste and quality. They are exclusive traits.. Sarusa has it right.. You may not like the taste of the American macros but AB’s quality is actually very very good. That and their public image, as much as you guys complain about their watered down beer, is very good as well. What, with all the horses, and dogs, and frogs.. and the ability to speak with animals.

Oh. and don’t forget about Busch Gardens.. I mean, with AB you get roller coasters! How could you vote against roller coasters? You are communists aren’t you?

69. Kounji says:

Most Admired
    Apple
    Toyota
    Nike

Least Admired
    Home Depot
    Sears
    Walmart

70. ninevolt says:

My most admired, off the top of my head:
    - Sun Microsystems
    - Vertex Standard (Yaesu Amateur Radio)
    - Kenwood Amateur Radio

- General Motors
    - Sears
    - WalMart
    - Home Depot
    - Monster.com

71. mariannem says:

I love how US Airways is between two dollar store chains. They’re certainly in august company.

My most admired:

Home Depot
    US Airways
    Walmart
    Time Warner Cable

72. Maurs says:

@Bladefist:
    Hey, there’s no way to reproduce a true Belgian lambic. They got different wild yeast!

Also, I admire Zappos!

73. Candyman says:

@Mistrez_Mish:

I can explain that one.

Your name was saved as a “consignee” for your old work address. This is done to help the computer system to match up a garbled or incorrect address by using the “consignee” or addressee name.

Although your new address was correct on the printed label, the shipper has to also input the address into the system. Many many times, the shipper fails to input the address, or types it incorrectly, or on the wrong lines, or whatever.

So the computer system can’t recognize the address, but does recognize the name, which had been stored under your old address, and the package is incorrectly routed to the address the system has saved.

Or the computer doesn’t recognize either, and flags it for a person to correct manually; but that person doesn’t have the package in front of them (because these corrections take place before the package has arrived at the delivery center) only the computer data, so all they can find is your old saved address. See?

Now, if your old workplace had refused the delivery, then it would have gone to a person who could read the label, see what error was made, correct it, and then report the error and the person responsible, if any, to management.

74. valthun says:

@Noris: Thats funny because Jones Soda has always been about some jerk face posing for a picture on the label. It’s kind of been their thing from day one.

75. davidfbecker says:

Newegg! I know they get always get a lot of good press on here, but I can really never say enough good things about them. They’re so far beyond any other electronics dealer online, they deserve the recognition.

76. JDAC says:

Oooh ooh! Beer snob here! Oh wait, there’s no actual beer on either list!

Proctor & Gamble, yeah I can see that. Lots of things to help around the house. Herman Miller and those sodding chairs and flimsy cubicles concerns me.

Feel sorry for Amtrak as I used them to go from Dallas to Charlottesville via Chicago. It was a hard slog but I had fun seeing a lot of the US I’ll never see again.

If I were to think of a company that’s done me right and would recommend in a flash (there is one). ABF U-Pack have been on time for drop-off and pick-up. The drivers and phone staff and courteous and efficient. My goods arrive pretty much how I packed them, and I’m not a pro.

And on the opposite end, Tuffy Muffler for flashing the friendly face of franchise mechanics while attaching a muffler that would shake itself loose and fitting spark-plug wires that turned my car into a stuttering heap.

77. frankthefink says:

Most admired:
    newegg
    amazon

least admired:
    comcast
    citibank

78. dh86sj says:

That is utter rubbish. How can a company that introduced the frost brew liner AND the vented can score 9 for innovation?

79. lasereric41 says:

Looking at the most admired, it’s easy to see for me that if you meet someone that works at one of those companies, they always talk very positively about their job and how much they enjoy it. Try finding someone at Dollar General that loves their job…

That being said… my most admired:
    Nintendo

Target
    TiVo

Least Admired

Comcast
    Microsoft
    Amtrak*

*Least admired doesn’t do my feelings towards Amtrak justice. I fucking hate them. Plain and simple. I’ve waited three, four, five hours for trains. Often, their trains will stop for hours on end for no reason. I hate them so much, but they’re the cheapest option to get from campus to home. And I hate it. I hate that I’m forced to pay $35 to be treated like a piece of shit. I hate Amtrak so much!

81. sarakeet: street rat crazy says:

UPS customer service made me want to put an icepick through my hand some days. Once they delivered a package I shipped to a random gas station because “it was the closest to the address they could find.”

82. 17-A says:

@johnva: That’s exactly what I thought when I saw the list. Anheuser-Busch #1, Coors -#1? That outcome is a little too good to be true.

I’m trying to think of companies I admire… I really am… but I’m not sure I would really use the word to describe the brands I like. Nintendo has made its share of stupid moves, like not using disc format for the N64 and neutering online play on the Wii. I mostly shop at Target because they’re not Wal-Mart. There are plenty of companies I hate, of course, but they’ve mostly been covered by the Worst Company contest.

83. HawkWolf says:

The very first thing I thought when I saw this post was:

“Pisswasser, this is beer!”

But that’s because I’ve been playing GTA IV.

84. gamin says:

budweiser? really? Geeez that beer is the most disgusting beer in the market

85. a_brown-eyed_grrl says:

Nordstrom rocks. Their salespeople alone make it my favorite place to shop. They don’t ignore you, but they don’t annoy you, either. They are actually helpful, no matter how much you’re spending. Very smart strategy. It’s made me a loyal customer.

86. Norcross says:

How is Family Dollar and Dollar General on the “least” list? Isn’t their business model to sell crap at cheap prices?

87. Smaugster says:

Ditto on BofA.NOT an American bank!
    Who cares about Bud, Coors,or smarmy cheap wine.
    I like Miller High Life, cause that is all it say’s it is.
    If any of you knew just how much “American” companies are being taken over by foreign investers, you would realize that we are not “America” anymore. At least in the corporate sense. Goods and services are only used for the maximized profits that can be taken out of the USA.
    If you can’t hear that sucking sound, you have a vacuum between your ears.

88. @Bladefist: Yeah, but if you use them for things other than the reader, you’d like them. Plus, I don’t care what the size is if I’m on my computer at work.

Most admired: Whole Foods, Honda, Apple, Netflix

Least admired: BoA, any other financial “institution”, K-Mart, Comcast

89. elduque says:

@Gann:
    PS: Coke owns Glaceau

90. 7thton says:

Admired:
    Disney
    Sprint (for their SERO plan)
    Doc Martin
    Microsoft (for the Zune and Xbox Live)
    Gamestop (for their occasional sales)
    Asic Shoes
    Sirius

That’s all I have for now….

91. anarcurt says:

Honestly, something smells off about this. Somehow Bud is the most admired with Coors being the least admired. Seems like the fix was in on this one. Bud certainly isn’t that good and Coors surely isn’t that bad. To be honest you can never trust Fortune magazine. They often seem to have their own agenda.

92. Grive says:

@Tightlines: There’s a notable difference between being a “beer snob” and realizing that just because it’s beer doesn’t mean it has to be good.

Bud sucks, but I’m not surprised at it being in there. It’s a rather bland beer, cheap. That’ll always make for popular drink. Gets you drunk, it’s sure to be inoffensive to the average taster, and you don’t need to pay $4.5 per bottle.

93. scarysnow says:

why do you guys like toyota so much? (serious question.)

94. darkryd says:

Like there’s really a difference between Coors and Bud? They’re both water.

95. battra92 says:

Most admired:

1. ) Apple
    2. ) Nintendo
    3. ) Panasonic
    3. ) Colgate/Palmolive (for making Ultra-brite)
    4. ) Taiyo Yuden
    5. ) Pepsicola (including Frito Lay)
    6. ) Procter & Gamble (yes, they make great stuff)
    7. ) Wal*Mart. Say what you will but they save me money and their store brands are great.
    8. ) Nikon
    9. ) Capcom
    10.) New Balance (making sneakers in the USA is a BIG deal to me.)

Least Admired:
    1. ) USPS
    2. ) NORTEL! Their products are so fussy and particular and their support is HORRIBLE!
    3. ) BenQ (I got a DVD-RW drive DoA and the basards told me I should just buy a new one. I did … of another brand!)
    4. ) HP
    5. ) Sears/Kmart. I used to like both, now they both suck.
    6. ) LG – Goldstar with a new logo is still Goldstar crap.
    7. ) Thompson (RCA) I like my things to not die in a year.
    8. ) Aldi – I like their cheap prices but not their “move it buddy” attitude and zero customer help.
    9. ) RIAA
    10.) Gamestop – I’ll buy used games but I won’t sell them anything. Also, I’d like it if they didn’t open my games before I want to buy them.

96. SaritaBriseis says:

@magic8ball:
    Magic8ball: The asterisks denote a tie between the two companies.

97. I’ve said this before, and will say it again. Consumerist should have a Best Company in America contest to balance the Worst, if it doesn’t already. With all the time spent here exposing awful companies and their horrible business practices, it would be nice (and informative) to know which companies readers really appreciate.

98. stre says:

blech, budweiser. apparently americans are idiots.

99. elanne says:

Adobe and UPS … who paid for that?

100. colorisnteverything says:

Good:
    *Adobe (I do graphic design and take photos, so without PSP, I would be shot)
    *Centennial Wireless – have NEVER had a problem with them
    *GFS – I work there and really do like how they treat their customers AND workers – WITH respect.

Bad:
    *Macy’s – I am from the Chicago area
    *Gap – they treat their customers and workers like crap IMO
    *Walmart
    *BestBuy

101. canasian says:

I’m a big customer service guy (not unlike everyone else here)

Most Admired:
    Zappos.com
    Les Schwab Tires
    Apple
    Costco

Least Admired:
    Delta Airlines
    Comcast
    Sprint
    Sears

102. capnjack says:

I’m really baffled as to how 2 of the 10 least admired companies are dollar stores. I mean, do you really expect excellence at the dollar store? What kind of people were they polling that yielded not one, but TWO dollar stores on this hate list??

103. Amac says:

It’s not on the list, but Garmin (the GPS maker) should easily be considered one of the 10 best. Their customer service is something I haven’t seen anywhere else in this modern age.

104. FrankReality says:

Regarding interpreting surveys – for this one you should probably factor in the demographics of Fortune readers and how that can skew the results.

105. ppiddyp says:

@Applekid: I’m an asshole, but my BMW has 230K miles on it, so don’t take it out on the car.

106. RandPaul says:

newegg and zappos are great. Apple blows.