AAA is claiming that Americans drove 4.3% fewer miles on public roads in March — the first year-over-year decline since 1979, and that for the first time since 2002, Americans said they planned to drive less this Memorial Day weekend. So, with the national average at $3.936 per gallon, did you actually drive less?
POLL: Did $4 Gas Make You Drive Less On Memorial Day Weekend?
By Meg Marco May 27, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Cheap Gas Prices Could Mean Travel Headaches This Labor Day Weekend
- You Can Buy Gas For Under $2 Per Gallon In At Least 12 States Right Now
- AAA: Gas Could Fall Below $2 Per Gallon Nationwide Just In Time For Christmas
- This Summer’s Gas Prices Predicted To Be At Their Lowest In Six Years
- Hertz Now Requiring Rental Customers To Provide Refueling Receipt For Trips Under 75 Miles, Or Pay $14