The CDC says several large salmonella outbreaks going back to 2006 were started by tainted dog food. “This is the first time human illness has been linked to dry dog food,” says a CDC epidemiologist. Always wash your hands after handling pet food.
By cwalters May 16, 2008
More From Consumerist
- CDC Investigators Link Current Blue Bell Listeria Outbreak To Illness From 2010
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked To Recalled Tuna Sickens 62 People In 11 States
- CDC: Listeria Contaminated Pre-Packaged Caramel Apples Linked to Four Deaths, 28 Illnesses
- Food Companies Could Face Federal Criminal Charges Over Tainted Products
- USDA Changes Up The Way It’s Been Inspecting Poultry Plants For The Last 50 Years