The CDC says several large salmonella outbreaks going back to 2006 were started by tainted dog food. “This is the first time human illness has been linked to dry dog food,” says a CDC epidemiologist. Always wash your hands after handling pet food.
By cwalters May 16, 2008
More From Consumerist
- People Are Still Getting Sick From Cucumber Salmonella Outbreak
- CDC Investigators Link Current Blue Bell Listeria Outbreak To Illness From 2010
- 7 Things We Learned About Food Safety Oversight From A Foodborne Illness Expert
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- Report: Apples, Not Caramel Deemed Responsible For December Listeriosis Outbreak