Attention all you liver lovers, Chicago has reversed its foie gras ban. [Chicago Tribune] (Thanks, William!)

Comments

1. B says:

I feel bad for the Goose, but Foie Gras tastes sooooo gooooooooood.

2. rmz says:

Now you can eat your foie gras in your smoke-free restaurants!

The fact that the government is actually banning any of these things is idiotic. If you don’t like it, don’t support it, don’t spend your dollars on it, and don’t give these businesses your patronage.

3. adamcz says:

yuck.

4. Halloway says:

Yum

5. Halloway says:

@rmz
    The difference between eating foie gras and smoking is that I don’t vomit carcinogens at my fellow diners.

As for the geese, well they love it.

6. spinachdip says:

Since when do we care what a band thinks about duck liver? I mean, would it be newsworthy if Styx banned escargot in their dressing room?

7. nequam says:

@rmz: Wuh? Smoking bans are workplace, rather than consumer, regulations. Employees do not have the same freedom as patrons to vote with their feet.

But I agree that banning food is stupid.

8. Mr_D says:

Hooray! I will continue to not eat it!

9. @spinachdip: I’m struggling to come up with something sarcastic to say, so I’ll just say this: That was absolutely awful.

10. spinachdip says:

@Carl Everett’s Fossil Collection: Yes, I’m aware how horrible it was. Even I groaned as I typed the comment. But if you look at the title bar in your browser, it clearly says “Band”.

11. thejakeman has died of dysentry says:

Hallelujah! Thank God my people are free to eat foie gras at last!

12. I’m glad they reversed course on what was basically an empty gesture…there are equally heinous conditions in commercial feedlots throughout the country, the difference being that those goods are consumed by millions of people on a daily basis.

13. @new and troubling questions: also, i say that as a meat-eater.

14. mikelotus says:

if you don’t like foie gras, then you probably have not tried the real thing. And I say that as one who hates liver, though there are many liver pates i like because the liver taste is more like mild liverwurst. I had foie gras in the Ardennes as an appetizer with caramelize red onion slices. Two big patties of it. I am at lost for the right words to say how good it was.