A testament to the “Series of Tubes” meme’s pervasiveness is its inclusion in an AT&T FastAccess business DSL tech support manual. According to a former employee, her bosses who made the manual were big nerds and read BoingBoing, Gizmodo, and The Consumerist. She also says in one of the the tech support training videos for the new customer Yahoo portal that’s rolling out later this month, it shows how to create a feed for The Consumerist. Note too that the internet is depicted as a giant fluffy cloud.
"Series Of Tubes," Mario Reference, Found In ATT Manual
By Ben Popken May 14, 2008
More From Consumerist
- AT&T To Pay $25M To Settle FCC Investigation Into Call Center ID Theft
- Sources: Comcast “VIPs” Automatically Pushed To Front Of Phone Queue
- Walmart Stores Once Again Asking Employees To Donate Food To Co-Workers In Need
- Will The FDA Ever Get Around To New Warning Labels For Cigarettes?
- Report: Google Fiber Might Be On Its Way To Portland Next