The NYT has a cool graphic up that shows all the parts of the Consumer Price Index and uses a color scheme to show how much they’ve gone up by in the past year. Go to the version on their site so you can zoom in closer on all the cells. It looks like a horribly growing fungus inside a petri dish, which I guess is not far from the truth.
Visualizing Inflation As A Pile Of Mold
By Ben Popken May 9, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Guy Arrested For Allegedly Stealing Beer Says He’s “Wrongfully Accused” Of Ordering 5 Pizzas From Jail
- Why Is Verizon Misleading Consumers With The Charts In These FiOS Ads?
- Dear McDonald’s: If People Are Asking “What’s In Your Burger?” You’ve Already Lost
- Scientists Trying To Save Avocados From Deadly Fungus Using Dogs And Heat-Sensing Drones
- News Sites Consider Moving Their Content Inside Facebook (Because That Worked So Well In The AOL Era)
« Activist Who Once Called Video Games "Killographic" Praises The ESRB Grand Theft Auto Rating, Boos Proposed $5,000 Fine