Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds

Here are five special photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, chosen because they’re both neat and could possibly be used in a Consumerist post. Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Title: “Resume Builder”

(Photo: Breslow)

Caption: “I feel this is sort of a portrait of me right now – this smattering of meds has really changed me lately – more internally than externally i feel. Some of these i take daily, some are no longer used, some are taken as needed. Anti-psychotics, anticonvulsants, benzos, allergy meds, stomach meds, mood stabilizers, acid reducers, ibuprofen, naproxen, etc.”

(Photo: xysmas (Aaron))

Caption: Two factories in DUMBO, Brooklyn

(Photo: Breslow)

Title: “Another Day”

(Photo: albinogoldfish)

Title: “Dark clouds over Walmart”
Caption: “It seemed somehow appropriate.”

(Photo: yarnzombie)

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post.

Comments

1. dragonfire81 says:

I love the Wal-Mart with the ominous clouds overhead. See, even mother nature hates them!

2. HIV 2 Elway says:

I like the Bernd and Hilla Becher rip off.

3. Moosehawk says:

The dark clouds is definitely the funniest. Reminds me of LOTR a little.

4. Teradoc says:

I love the “Another Day” picture, someone has a good eye

5. For the last photo, I think you can refer to last weeks photo and say:Mother nature warned Wal-Mart it would be next, but did Wal-Mart listen? Noooooo.
    [consumerist.com]

6. @Teradoc: I like it to. To me, it screams “Jackie Chan fell on hard times after Chris Tucker stopped returning his calls.”

7. gomakemeasandwich says:

The second one looks like my medicine cabinet.

8. ViperBorg says:

Might want to blur the addresses on the Walgreens bottles there.

9. theblackdog says:

Well now we know the picture submitter of the pills lives in Albuquerque.

10. Veeber says:

Joe’s Ginger in Chinatown (NY) is really good. He’s the brother of the owner of Joe’s Shanghai, which probably makes one of the best steamed dumplings I’ve ever had.

11. @theblackdog: And he goes to two different Walgreens.
    One at:3501 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106
    and one at:
    9700 Menaul Boulevard Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87112

But what is really great is from just the picture, I can see the pill description on the sides of the pill bottles that, if read, would reduce at least 2 stories a month from Consumerist. After a quick google search, I can tell you the white bottle in the center contains:Hyoscyamine Sulfate 0.125 mg

12. Toof_75_75 says:

I like that “FU” is scraped in the concrete in the “Another Day” photo… LOL

Also, that Walmart picture is awesome.

13. LucyInTheSky says:

is that “another day” one in San Francisco?

14. l951b951 says:

Unemployed artist? Isn’t that redundant?

15. Zapp Brannigan's Girdle says:

I would love to have the Wal-Mart one blown up to poster size and hang it in the office I don’t yet have.