Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds

Here are five special photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, chosen because they’re both neat and could possibly be used in a Consumerist post. Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Caption: “I hate WalMart.”

(Photo: big-film)

Caption: “out of 11 good/decent shots of the lightning storm I piled them on top of each other”
Comment: “evil descends upon the taco bell”

(Photo: .nutter)

(Photo: Crawfishpie)

Title: gas line sunset 2

(Photo: ennailuj)

Caption: “I had read about this toothpaste in the August issue of National Geographic, and wanted to try it. I thought it’d be easy to find, but after checking out about 10 places that sold toothpaste, I gave up. My aunt called National Geographic in Seoul to track it down and found the toothpaste at a place called Orga Whole Foods about 30 minutes away from metropolitan Seoul in Bundang (?). Bundang!

Charcoal has cleaning and odor-removing properties. That part’s great. The toothpaste left my mouth squeaky clean! Good stuff…until charcoal’s moisture sucking properties kick in. About five minutes after I brushed my teeth, my mouth was as dry as a desert and my lips were starting to chap. “

(Photo: La Mariposa)

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post.

Comments

1. Bladefist says:

hmm interesting. Koreans call tooth paste medicine. The text on the tube says “charcle” (romanized) and medicine. learned something today. thanks consumerist.

2. JadoJodo says:

The lightning photograph is a time-lapse shot, not 11 piled on one another.

3. Rectilinear Propagation says:

Regarding the photo of the storm:

Damn, nature, you scary!

4. joshthephenom says:

@JadoJodo: You are both correct, and incorrect. For the most part, lightning shots are time lapse photos. But in this case, the photographer also added multiple pictures together. You can tell this by simply clicking their name, and looking at their photos. The main bolt in the image shown here, is exactly the same as the bolt in a separate picture, making it clear that it was added to this photo, making the caption accurate.

5. HuntersCanvas says:

@JadoJodo: If you look at the Flickr page for the pic, you will see that is in fact a composite, as the photographer stated. It just so happens that one of the photos used in the composite was time lapse. It’s odd that you would think the photographer was lying and/or too dumb to know the difference.

6. joshthephenom says:

@joshthephenom: … and by main bolt, of course I mean the one to the right of center.

7. unravel says:

thats not actually a gas line, but uh, cars passing through a toll plaza. right? RIGHT!? :shakes somebody: ohmygodtheendisneaaaaaaaar.

8. For 2nd photo: “If this lettuce isn’t Hep A free, may lighting strike me down.”

and for the 3rd: “The power of Christ compels thee……to get DirectTV!”

9. ExecutorElassus says:

@unravel: you, sir, have evidently never suffered the misfortune of having to stop for gas along the NJ Turnpike. Thanks to a make-work law requiring that attendants pump, stations along the pike will have a dozen pumps being served by two guys making minimum wage.

I once waited 40 minutes. At the pump itself.

10. notallcompaniesareevil says:

That lightning shot is pretty cool. Normally don’t think twice about the consumerist photo posts. This one was worth it.

11. bohemian says:

I feel like that little kid when I go to the store too.

12. Negative says:

That actually looks like a Costco gas station line.

13. jusooho says:

@Bladefist: It actually says “chi yak” which means not just medicine but Teeth Medicine. This makes sense. The Chi is same one used in dentist “chi kwa wee sa” and so on.

14. That first photo looks very Photoshop altered. The lighting is a giveaway…

15. julianne says:

@Negative: You’re right! It is a Costco gas station (it’s my picture). Since it’s currently (and most often) the cheapest gas in town, the line is usually long but orderly.