Round 30: Clear Channel vs Toyota

This is Round 30 in our Worst Company in America contest, Clear Channel vs Toyota. Vote which sucks more, inside…

Here’s what our readers said when they nominated these two companies:

Clear Channel:

“they have destroyed so much of this country I love.”
“Clear Channel is playing to Madison Avenue, despite lip service to the listener. Hell, did you see that Clear Channel is increasing the number of minutes of advertising on the radio? Why not turn every station into an infomercial. Make the whole CHANNEL an ad!”

Toyota:
Toyota was nominated without anyone specifying why they are wrath-worthy.

This is a post in our Worst Company In America 2008 series. The companies nominated for this honor were chosen by you, the readers. Keep track of all the goings on at consumerist.com/tag/worst-company-in-america/

STILL OPEN FOR VOTING:
Google Vs Sony
Ticketmaster vs Wachovia
Facebook vs The American Arbitration Association
Comcast vs Menu Foods

Comments

1. Buran says:

Hmm. Company that has wrecked FM radio (other than talk and classical) vs. a carmaker that makes reliable, clean (except for some weirdness like the heavy, inefficient, fullsize Titan pickup) vehicles?

CC.

2. Nealjs says:

Explain again why you guys pair up companies that have absolutely nothing to do with each other’s industries on any level?

3. exkon says:

Yeah, not sure why Toyota is in this category…They definitely won’t “win” this contest…

4. mgy says:

I don’t think I’ll ever buy another brand of car after my two previous Toyotas. The woman I hope to marry is also a Toyota-addict, so that’ll help when it comes to buying a car together. If I could take a vote away from Toyota, I would.

5. B says:

@Buran: The Titan is made by Nissan. I think you mean the Tundra, or possibly the Land Cruiser. Or the FJ-7.

6. MD4Prez2032 says:

I worked for them for two years and everyone in my department never made any more than $6.50 an hour.

7. spookyjon says:

I HATE RELIABLE CARS!!!

FUEL EFFICIENCY REALLY RILES ME UP.

But seriously, why is Toyota even in the contest?

8. FightOnTrojans says:

@mgy: As I was reading your comment, I thought you were going to write “The woman I hope to marry will also be a Toyota.”

Did the readers who nominated Toyota also nominate Honda and Nissan? Did their email addresses end with “@ford.com” or “@gmc.com”? Just wondering…

9. cronomorph says:

I vote Clear Channel. Homogenizing radio sucks!

(That would be my opinion even if I didn’t work for a competitor)

10. MikeB says:

@spookyjon: Especially since the Nominee did not specify why they nominated Toyota.

11. pda_tech_guy says:

WTF? Why is Toyota in this competition???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

12. unravel says:

Clear Channel is so vile. Every radio station that I’ve enjoyed before it was bought up by them has gone to right to hell — in terms of crappy music and the ads ads ads ads ads. If it weren’t for WEQX, I’d suck it up and subscribe to satellite.

13. Amiga_500 says:

Toyota was probably nominated over their “Engine Oil Gelling” issue with certain models/years. I have one of the models, but no gelling yet.

14. JiminyChristmas says:

Parked in my driveway right now is a 1992 Toyota pickup with about 240,000 miles on it. It is literally perforated with rust, but it has never needed a major mechanical repair and it always starts no matter how cold it is.

As for Clear Channel, gosh, there are so many ways you can hate them even aside from what they’ve done to FM radio. You can hate them for perpetuating the visual blight of billboards across the landscape. You can also hate them for their efforts to dominate the live music venue booking business. They’re not quite as unavoidable as Ticketmaster but they’re obnoxious enough.

15. Steve518 says:

If we can just suggest any company and don’t have to provide a reason why said company sucks, I will suggest the American Cancer Society.

16. TadizzleFizzle says:

I was a fan of Toyota until we purchased an ’06 RAV4. It had acceleration problems resulting in an occasional few second delay between pushing the accelerator and going anywhere. It was just enough delay to be scary when pulling into traffic. Toyota is keeping quiet about it, but the Internets are buzzing with a lot of similar instances.

17. homerjay says:

I see what it is now…. we’re stretching this out as long as possible to help fill Gawker’s daily posting quotas… Meh.. its better than hearing about someone else who didn’t show his receipt.

18. Myownheroine says:

Cool graphic, consumerist.

19. Daniel-Bham says:

Just bought a brand new 2008 Toyota Tacoma… no problems or complaints other than the fact some jack@$$ rear-ended me two-weeks after purchase.

His insurance company covered the repair though.

20. @JiminyChristmas: As for the billboards, it’s not like you can actually rent one and put up anything you want. If CC doesn’t agree with it, you can pound sand, while they feel free to rent to every right wing nutjob “save the embryos” group in town.

21. @Steve518: And I nominate the March of Dimes. Just because I’m an asshole.

22. mgy says:

@FightOnTrojans: With the way things are going as of late, I will probably end up marrying a car. Or sleeping in one.

23. EBone says:

@unravel: Once the satellite merger is complete, dive in and enjoy the service. I can’t remember the last time I listened to AM or FM.

24. satoru says:

I’ve had 2 Camry’s and a Lexus. For some reason the 2nd Camry I got was a bit of a lemon in the beginning, battery died after like 4 months and some engine problems. After that tho it was pretty solid.

I like the Lexus if only for that fact that it has a “J” in the VIN so I know it was made in Japan and thus has a higher probability of not sucking. But watch out for the RX series which I think is made in Mexico now.

25. B says:

Looking through the Toyota tags, most of the actual complaints are really for crappy Toyota dealerships. I don’t think we can blame the company for that, though.

26. Buran says:

@B: Oops. I’m a car geek, but I don’t like pickups much — it shows. Yes, I meant the Tundra.

27. giggitygoo says:

OK Consumerist, the whole “worst company” thing was a cute idea – but aren’t we being a tad bit ridiculous at this point? This makes, what? 30 of these dumb competitions? How about people just vote and you publish the worst 5 companies or something. I think it’s pretty obvious to everyone that these things are just page-filler and have no value.

28. no.no.notorious says:

@B: all car dealerships are crappy.

i think the winner is clear…

29. KyleOrton says:

@Nealjs: Do you misunderstand this? The contest is Worst COMPANY in America. They are both companies.

I believe the idea is that all companies, regardless of industry, have a duty to be…umm…good. So we’re trying to find the least good!

30. moorie678 says:

Around 1980’s my grandfather purchased his first toyota and from then on, everyone in our family have been a loyal customer of that company.

I love them, never had mechanical problem and if there was any minor ones they usually fixed them for free, please get toyota out of here……

The reason the truck lines exist is to satisfy the US market, they are adhering to their customers wants and needs and thus you end up with the tundra……… I doubt you can find many tundra’s in EU or JP

31. Who’s designing these brackets?

32. Trai_Dep says:

Hey, editors -

Perhaps next year, set a threshold for number of votes before a company’s added to the list? And/or needing rationales why?

I’d like to see a minimum of three votes, where someone has to say why or it’s not counted would go a long ways to make these quicker, more accurate and more fun.

33. Nealjs says:

@KyleOrton: I don’t think I’m misunderstanding anything. I just think this is not a very well though out “contest.”

Giggitygoo put it best.

34. Trai_Dep says:

PS: failing that, I nominate nuns for next year’s awards. Simply because their frocks scare me yet their tightly gripped, expertly wielded rulers make my body parts* tingle.
    * Wrists. My wrists! Geez, what are you pervs thinking?!

35. chucklebuck says:

As of my vote, 29 people voted for Toyota. Can at least one of you give the reason? Maybe it is the oil gelling thing, but I’m really genuinely curious.

Up until last year, I was driving a 1987 Camry, and it only finally died of excess rust, not engine or drivability troubles. Any company that can make me a quality product like that has no beef with me*.

*reserving the right to change my mind if they are lubricating their engines with puppy guts or something.

36. missmicrophone says:

CC not only wrecked what you hear on the radio, it wrecked it for those of us who work in it. They are the devil. Jocks for that company do a shift live in their home city and then voice track shows that run in smaller markets since CC is to cheap to hire talent. Bastards.

37. Claystil says:

Hmm. Toyota makes affordable cars that last 989623982 years while retaining a ridiculously high resale value. They’ve always been at the forefront of hybrid mass-production and their other cars already get great gas mileage. They provide jobs for thousands, and from what I’ve heard, treat their employees well. WORST COMPANY EVER.

38. johnva says:

@Amiga_500: Same here. I do think it was pretty crappy of them to try to cover up and deny that issue. But now, at least as far as I know, they’ve agreed to cover it if you can show reasonable evidence of regular maintenance. No problems yet.

As for Clear Channel, they are in a whole ‘nother league of evil. They win this hands down just for turning FM radio into a wasteland of screaming, obnoxious car dealer ads, annoying DJs, and homogenized music. They are pretty much single-handedly responsible for the fact that I no longer listen to any radio except NPR (they bought out and destroyed the decent local radio I listened to before).

39. Angryrider says:

Toyota sucks because they’re a Japanese company that’s stealing the thunder of American comps like GM and Ford! yARR!!!

CC obviously. They’ve wrecked havoc on radio media.

40. Nighthawke says:

Clear Channel ruined radio, making portable music players move to the forefront for personal music. They grew too fast and look at them now, barely scraping by in the face of declining ad bucks and booming satellite radio. They so rightly deserve to fry.

41. iDevin says:

I voted Toyota because, despite being a happy Prius owner, Toyota still played a huge part in the destruction of the CARB ZEV mandate and the cancellation of battery electric vehicle programs.

42. hi says:

hmm.. Toyota made the cut (a good car company…which you even admit you know “why they are wrath-worthy” ) but “The Fed” didn’t, even though they are a corporation and loan money to companies/banks just like BOA and wachovia, etc.. and are ruining the ecomony and US dollar in the process. Makes no sense to me but whatever.

43. sporks says:

Aaaand the round 30 bye to Clear Channel.
    YAY FOR CENSORSHIP AND CRAPPY RADIO! GO CLEARCHANNEL!

BOOOO FUEL EFFICIENCY AND CARS THAT RETAIN RESALE VALUE!

…yeah, they just don’t add up.

44. freshyill says:

Why the hell are you allowing companies into this tournament without any justification? That’s like me and four friends showing up and playing in the NCAA basketball tournament because we say we’re a team.

I think you need to come up with some sort of system for properly seeding these companies. Maybe you could use the articles in your blog software as a means of determining who should be in.

Hypothetically, if you need 128 companies in it, Clear Channel with 150 articles about their bad service and 10 about how they did something good, is probably a shoe-in. Toyota with 75 articles about how great they are, and just two about product recalls, might not make the cut.

Seriously, think about it. Because it’s total bullshit that you’re even bothering to put decent companies in this tournament with no justification at all.

45. Half Beast says:

Clear Channel has this one hands down. They’ve changed the formats of 3 radio stations I used to listen to down here in Atlanta in the 7 years I’ve been here.

On the other side, I’m still driving the wheels off of my 2000 Corolla, 7 years and not a single major repair ($500+) has been necessary. I’m very happy with Toyota thus far.

46. @satoru: “Made In Japan” is a Good Housekeeping seal, AFAIC.

47. @freshyill: Seriously. Why not ClearChannel vs. Ford for making consistently crappy cars and complaining to the government when Toyota pwns them?

48. elislider says:

haha what kind of competition is this? clear channel is the devil of the radio and ad world

49. Derek says:

Yesterday we had disgraced subprime mortgage-hawker Countrywide vs. the unindicted Dish Network. Today it’s widely reviled Clear Channel vs. Toyota, maker of widely relied-upon cars.

Jeebus, Consumerist, who set up these brackets? Just send Clear Channel and Countrywide straight to the quarterfinals and save us the formality of these early-round blowouts.

50. chucklebuck says:

@iDevin:

OK, that is a reason I can understand.

51. boandmichele says:

toyota mr2, best car ever.

52. Bruce_A says:

I’ll grant you Toyota just screwed my wife and me by not paying the taxes on our car (we stupidly bought out our lease…never again! and even more stupidly we live in California.) but Clear Channel has contributed majorly to the uglification of the landscape with their garish and innumerable billboards. Even worse, they’re the ones behind those #$@%ing video billboards. A pox on their thrice-damned house!

And that’s on top of the generic radio they pump out 24/7 across the country. Clear Channel must die!

53. huadpe says:

@freshyill: They go by who is nominated, I think they did a “bottom 64″ round, where the 64 companies with the most votes were put in the contest. Seeding should make alot of first round blowouts. You save the good fights for later in the tournament.

54. Buran says:

@pda_tech_guy: I’m sure someone got lousy service from them and nominated them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55. BigElectricCat says:

Traded the Tahoe in for a Scion xB. I have no complaints about Toyota.

Clear Channel? I don’t listen to them. I have XM in the Scion, so I never have to listen to Clear Channel’s crap any more.

56. Froggmann says:

Definately CC on this one, but one noteworthy item to complain about on Toyota:

Basically it took Toyota 6 months and 8 phone calls to release the lein on two cars that were paid off in the mod 90’s. Each time the call ended with “Ok the paperwork is in the mail.” They finally sent the paperwork 3 weeks ago.

Ok one more GF was late on one payment on her truck and set up a deferment on that payment. No big deal. A week later Toyota starts blowing up my phone looking for her (5 Calls a day) Apparently Toyota’s left hand didn’t know what the right was doing. It all got cleared up in a couple of days though.

57. boss_lady says:

@TadizzleFizzle: If you can scoop up a pre-2000 Toyota, you’ll be in business with a good, reliable vehicle for a hell of a long time.

58. harumph says:

Toyota is actually apretty decent company. They are voluntarily buying back thousnads of trucks that are way out of warranty because of rust problems. they are paying blue book value regardless of the condition. They also fixed my car for free back in the 90’s (the car was a 1980) because of something they labeled a design defect.

59. UnicornMaster says:

I think someone from BP or Exxon nominated Toyota for having the awesomest Hybrid in the world. And for starting a revolution that will lead to the end of the Oil Industry. One can dream.

60. LucyInTheSky says:

@DeanOfAllTrades: you beat me to it. i <3 my prius.

61. fuzzymuffins says:

“clearchannel” is a result of media deregulation back in the mid 80’s. they own ALOT of stuff.

i love the list of ‘objectionable’ songs they told their stations to refrain from playing after 9/11

[en.wikipedia.org]

clearchannel killed broadcast radio.. RIP

62. JiminyChristmas says:

@DeanOfAllTrades: As long as we’re dreaming: Maybe Toyota could come up with a compact or subcompact hybrid. I admired the Honda Insight, but a two-seater is just too impractical. As for the Prius, it’s a great car but I have no need or want for a 4-door sedan. So, if I could have a 2dr hatchback with a back seat that gets 60+ mpg that would be teh awesome.

63. Eilonwynn says:

I’m thinking that sometimes this sort of competition needs to differentiate between company subdivisions toyota manufacturing and HQ are amazing. It appears some customers like Frogmann are having difficulty, but those problems seem to be more closely related to the individual dealership, and a broad name like “toyota” just doesn’t quite cut it.

64. edosan says:

Man, wake me up when there’s a good matchup.

65. trujunglist says:

PEOPLE: This is a battle for WORST COMPANY. Companies are matched against each other based on seeding. #1 seeds battle the #16 seeds, #2 battles #15, and so on and so forth. This allows the worst satan-like companies to play the best nearly angelic companies, thus giving the advantage to the company that has earned it’s place and deserves a better shot at winning based on it’s performance during the “season.”
    Therefore, there will be no comparison of industry, just comparison of good vs. evil (until all good has been wiped from the competition, that is).

66. rdldr1 says:

Maybe was nominated cause Toyota is a Japanese country (though the cars are built within the US)?

“OMG why would you buy a car with the word ‘toy’ in it?”

67. krom says:

TadizzleFizzle: you should get that looked at, it could be a fuel pump issue or you need new sparkplugs.
    2000 Chevy Prizm is about 50% Toyota (it’s based on the Corolla), has 180k, still gets 27 city 37 hwy. No complaints here. And I get away with going as much as 6k between maintenance visits.

68. tape says:

Let’s see, awful, evil company that is guilty of massive homogenization of the nation’s culture, or a company that makes the best automobiles available to mankind…

Yeah.

69. strixus says:

Let’s see.

I’ve owned three cars in thirteen years. A VW Rabbit that I owned for a month before I had to sell it, an ’86 Toyota that I was a second owner of and put 4x the millage on of the previous owner, and my current ’95 Toyota that I’m in the process of doing the same with. The ’86 died a year and a half ago. Hmmm…

Or Clear Channel, who just DESTROYED the Atlanta radio market by wiping out every single station that had been here for 30+ years and filling the air with generic crap.

70. tape says:

@krom: All Geo (later Chevy) vehicles were simply re-badged Japanese vehicles. The Prizm was the Toyota Corolla (early ones specifically the Toyota Sprinter which was a Japan-only Corolla model; also the Sprinter was the basis of the Chevy Nova which the Prizm replaced). The Metro was a Suzuki Swift, the Tracker was the Suzuki Sidekick, the Spectrum was an Isuzu vehicle (I-Mark maybe?) that also was sold for a short time as the Pontiac Sunburst, and the Storm was also an Isuzu design.

71. tape says:

to follow up on my own post, I believe the only two differences between the Toyota Corolla and the Geo Prizm were the name badge and the stereo, which was replaced with a GM model in the Geos.

72. jeff303 says:

@chucklebuck: Keep in mind in these online polls there will always be trolls, people who just want to muck things up, people who get random amusement out of clicking things, etc., not to mention an army of bots automatically submitting every form they find on the web.

73. Catrandom says:

Some of y’all are working on wrong or outdated assumptions here.

Clear Channel is easy to vilify, and it’s often earned it. But I might point out that Clear Channel at its peak owned about 1,300 U.S. radio stations. Which sounds like a lot, but it’s about 10 percent of the total. And yes, that means that nine out of 10 of U.S. radio stations have always been owned by companies that are not Clear Channel.

And CC has been selling stations for the past year and a half, as they try (desperately) to go private, and now they own about 850 stations — out of just under 13,000 commercial AM and FMs nationwide. They have moved out of a number of small markets entirely, and would like to get out of more.

Clear Channel is a big ol’ Texas-sized target, and I won’t say that its policies haven’t been a big influence on the rest of radio. But CC’s influence is just one reason radio sucks — not the only, and possibly not even the biggest reason.

(No, I don’t work for Clear Channel, and never have.)

74. BigElectricCat says:

@Catrandom:

How much they own and how much they’ve sold has, IMO, nothing whatsoever to do with how much they suck.

75. Alex Chasick says:

Ditto what trujunglist said, but for the commenters complaining that we threw Toyota in here for no reason, please go back and reread the posts where we asked for nominations for worst company in the world, announced the 121 companies that had been nominated and asked for help whittling them down to 32, and announced the frontrunners and reminded our readers to vote for their least favorite companies.

76. Joafu says:

Is this still the first tier?

77. BrockBrockman says:

Damn, this competition has been going on *forever*. I think it would have been safe for Consumerist to have edited the list a bit before bringing us this ungodly huge voting process that will go on for who knows how long.

78. ViperBorg says:

@unravel: Already done. NEVER going back to on-air radio! Hello SIRIUS. :)

79. mdoublej says:

@Catrandom:

Though they may have only had 1 out of 10 stations, they still are the biggest radio company in the US. And when you’re the biggest, the policies and practices you follow tend to trickle down to the other radio companies who copy them.

Since they own stations in the largest markets, the record industry panders to them to get their music exposed to the most, and usually most desired listeners. This can be to the exclusion of other radio companies.

If I had a nickel for every time one of my managers says “it works for Clear Channel”, when introducing another lame policy, I could buy my own station.

80. Atomu says:

love my toyota. but you know who else drove a toyota? hitler

81. BMRFILE says:

Clear Channel is the worst thing that can happen to any media outlet. They have ruined so many radio and TV stations. Their lips mutter “in the interest of the community” but we all know that’s a big pile of BS.

82. JustaConsumer says:

Clear Channel destroyed the radio.

83. m1k3g says:

WTF kind of poll is this??? Clear Channel I can understand, as they truly do suck. But Toyota? And what kind of qualification is “Toyota was nominated without anyone specifying why they are wrath-worthy”??? Pretty damn stupid of Consumerist is my vote.

84. jlayman920 says:

Clear Channel by default, I actually like Toyota and have had no problems with them. Every Toy I’ve owned has been a good vehicle.

85. Pherias says:

How can you vote for the people who made the Yaris? D=

86. TechnoDestructo says:

@pda_tech_guy: Same reason there are 103 question marks (I counted) at the end of your post, I’d imagine.

87. TechnoDestructo says:

@Daniel-Bham:

That isn’t really impressive. I mean you could buy a 2008 Daewoo (AKA Suzuki) and you should expect it to be problem-free thus far.

88. citybuddha says:

I think Chuky Manson built my Toyota

89. ogman says:

This one is easy. I’d vote for Toyota as one of the BEST companies!

90. wildness says:

1. who would nominate Toyota, and Why?

2. Who would vote for them???? What do they want to buy a Ford or something?

91. I don’t see a reason why Toyota should be here. Except if you work for GM.

92. BlackFlag55 says:

Toyota might be included in this survey for working their employees to death … literally.
    [uk.reuters.com]

On the ohter hand, I have a 1980 Toyota 1/2 ton pickup with 487,000 miles, rusted like crazy in the bed and fender flares … and it runs like a Swiss watch. Nothing even squeaks yet. It is hands down the one truck I am 100% positive that when I go fishing or into the back country I know I’m coming back. Bulletproof was invented as an adjective for this model truck.

Repairs to date – (1) clutch, no kidding. (3) sets of front pads, turned the discs twice. (1) radiator. (1) thermostat. (1) water pump. (2) fan belts. (1) battery. (1) exhaust blowback rubber tube to top end. And other than tires, that’s it. Occasional points and plugs. Total cost for parts and occasional professional labor – $1,847. In 28 years and nearly a half million miles. Seat springs are finally going and the dash is cracked but I am NEVER going to sell this truck.

93. synergy says:

Yay for my hometown! Home of Clear Channel AND AT&T!

94. @boss_lady: That is good advice. We actually had an ’02 RAV4 that we loved, but it was totaled in an accident. That’s how we ended up with the new one and learned that a new Toyota is a different animal.

95. @krom: We took the car in a number of times for the issue, but the company line was (and still is) that the vehicle was “performing in spec”. Rather than pushing the issue, we traded it in and moved on.

96. anatak says:

@Buran: Toyota? “clean” cars. I guess that the plural is needed as 3 of their 16 models do get an EPA rating of 30+ mpg. So they make clean cars, with the exception of their mid and full-size trucks, small, mid and full-size SUVs, minivans, and mid and full-size cars. They’re great at marketing though!

97. @trujunglist: OK, so why did Toyota even make the tournament? Sure, they pay for hybrid R&D by selling gas guzzling SUVs, but that’s really the Diet Coke of evil. At least Toyota doesn’t try to bullshit people and rationalize why they’d rather sell you an SUV with mostly 50s technology inside than one of their obsolescent smaller cars (with 80s technology) like General Motors. “Not more than you need, just more than you’re used to” indeed!

98. freshyill says:

@huadpe: Still, just showing up shouldn’t be good enough. Just like a basketball team has to earn their place in the NCAA tournament, companies should have to earn their place here. The first round will always have a ton of blowouts, but the nominating process should be more involved than “name a company you hear of once,” which is essentially all it is now.

99. Clear Channel should make a ad channel that’s interrupted by actual shows at every 15 and 45 of the hour.

anyway what’s the final round to get the “Playoffs”?

100. krom says:

@tape: Yeah, I know, I was just going to show that my half-Toyota mutt was pretty reliable, in a defense of Toyota in the poll.

101. nick2ny says:

I worked at a Monster Truck show that Clear Channel ran in England a few years back. The guy who ran it was called Zachary Cooper, and he was a ClearChannel guy. He was the cockiest jerk I’ve ever worked with. There was a small payment dispute and he took me in the back room by myself (and with one of his henchmen, Jevon Thoreson). Actually, I just found an old email about it:

Dear Editor -

I worked for Monster Jam in Manchester and Birmingham these past two
    weekends, and the experience was memorable for more than just the
    trucks and motorcycles. Zach Cooper, the man sent over from America
    to produce the show, made the event miserable for more than a few of
    the courseworkers. After one team-meeting, he made up his own version
    of the English National Anthem, which was about how much he disliked
    english people and their “outer space” teeth. Odd, considering
    England is a market Zach is very keen to crack.

At the end of the weekend, when I asked to discuss a payment concern,
    he took me into an empty room where he chided me for “bitching about
    £50 pounds” and began screaming obscenities and clenched his fists as
    if he were about to get physical – all in an effort to get me to
    settle for less payment than I had expected.

I know that the entertainment business can be stressful at times, but
    there is no place for this sort of abuse. Let’s hope Monster Jam
    cleans up its act before they come back next year.

-Nick