McDonald's Employee Won't Let You Have It "Your Way" — Shoots You

The News On 6 in Tulsa, OK. reports that customer Jeff Cox was placed in intensive care after being shot by McDonald’s employee Erick Thurman at a Tulsa McDonald’s. The chain of unfortunate events began to unfold at approximately 2am on Sunday, April 13th. After waiting nearly an hour for her order, customer Makayla Hall returned to the drive-thru window to ask for a refund…

She was greeted by an angry, belligerent manager who cursed at her and then the two traded words. At approximately 3am an off-duty employee, Erick Thurman, got involved. “He then tried to come outside and charge us at the window,” Hall said. At which point, the apparently intoxicated Thurman began to escalate the confrontation. She recalls, “He (Thurman) was yelling obscenities at us, and asking us to do sexual things for him, and just calling us names, and things like that. Well we hear from the back, from the car behind us, hey, hey, you know, trying to get his attention.” The person in the car behind her was Jeff Cox. With his attention now on Cox, Thurman fired nine rounds into Cox’s car, hitting Cox, and thus landing him in intensive care. Hall believes the diversion by Cox saved her life, “I feel like an angel was over us. And he was our angel. But at the same time, where was his, you know? It’s just really emotional, really emotional,” said Hall. The shooter Erick Thurman, who has admitted to the crime, was arrested a few hours after the incident.

There are many good ways to professionally deal with customer complaints when things go wrong. Small weapons fire is not one of them.

Shooting Hero In Intensive Care [NewsOn6]

(Photo: The Joy Of The Mundane)

Comments

1. se7a7n7 says:

2. wgrune says:

They waited an hour for their order? I would have bailed after about 10 minutes, refund or not. $5 or some greasy hamburgers is not worth an hour of my life.

3. Smitherd says:

@se7a7n7: Even though I’m not a full proponent of “the customer is always right,” I don’t think any amount of “I want my money back! Blah blah blah!” warrants being shot at nine times and getting put into intensive care.

4. ConsumptionJunkie says:

“Have it Your Way” is Burger King.

5. Letsgohokies says:

Who the hell waits for an HOUR at McDonalds? I live in the sticks and I can drive 20 minutes in any direction and hit another McDonalds.

But yea, it’s sad someone got shot over something stupid.

6. Buran says:

@Smitherd: I think (hope) that was a wiseass comment. That said, they owe full coverage of medical bills as their employee on the clock did this AND the food. Free. And a really big apology.

7. dantsea says:

After waiting nearly an hour for her order

Sure she did.

8. statnut says:

I guess this trumps the Verizon guy with a switchblade.

Just ridiculous. At 3am though, why didnt someone call the cops?

9. mac-phisto says:

@wgrune: i was once caught in an hour long wait at a mcdonald’s drive-thru late at nite.

i would have left if i could – the drive-thru was a single lane with no side exits (you had to pass the windows to get out) & i had a car behind me & 3 in front of me.

i just kept driving once the cars cleared out in front of me, but it was very unsettling. i figured it was just a fluke, but i’ve heard a few other people talk about horrible service at that particular location. needless to say, i haven’t been back since.

up to this moment, i referred to it as “the worst mcdonald’s in america”, but obviously i was wrong.

10. MercuryPDX says:

Being someone that doesn’t believe in angels but does believe in Karma, one of two things happened:

a) He’s done something really bad that’s gone “unpunished”.

b) Something really good is going to come out of this.

It all balances out in the end.
    ———–
    Suddenly, a burger with special loogie sauce doesn’t seem so bad.

11. Buran says:

@Buran: (okay, I checked the article again, he was off duty, but still)

12. AnderBobo says:

I’ve been at a wawa before after all the bars closed where the sandwich wait was ONE HOUR… we left, ironically enough to go to a McDonalds drive thru.

13. Wormfather says:

@wgrune: From zero to blaming the victim in less than 10 minutes…impressive.

14. bohemian says:

I think this warrants a lawsuit. Even if the crazy employee was off duty he was at the workplace.

15. Balisong says:

@MercuryPDX: a) He’s done something really bad that’s gone “unpunished”.

Now that’s some fancy blamin’ the victim :o

16. Munsoned says:

@Buran: It doesn’t necessarily matter if he’s on or off duty. In some cases the employer can still be found liable for the actions of employees while not technically on the clock. Of course you’d have to read the case law to figure out what types of situations are covered, and if this is arguably one of them. I’m betting if (when) the guy brings a suit against McD’s, the company will settle rather than trying to get it dismissed on a theory of legal agency. Just a guess.

17. ekthesy says:

@mac-phisto:

I would have gotten out of my car, asked the guy behind me to back up so I could get out, and backed outta that line.

And then I would have gone to Wendy’s.

18. Wormfather says:

@Buran: This incident still percipitated by and employee. If this dude lives, McDonalds is looking at a huge cash settlement in there future.

You are wrong again ha ha ha.

Mr. Buran, I think you’ve found your self a nemisis or troll, I’m not sure where I fall.

19. Wow

So it’s the customers fault for waiting an hour?

Also the lady who waited the hour wasn’t even the one who got shot. It was the poor slob in the car behind her … Maybe He had only been there 5 minutes.

Also the 2nd: Some drivethru’s don’t have a pull around lane, so if the person in front of you is stuck … you may be as well.

We don’t know enough about this situation to start mouthing off about fault, but I can say that unless threatened with bodily harm you shouldn’t be shooting people.

20. backbroken says:

An insincere apology and a dozen burger coupons and these customers will be back at that McDonald’s inside of a week (or whenever they get out of the hospital, god-willing.)

Ain’t the consumer culture grand?

21. EricaKane says:

Doesn’t really matter if the guy was off-duty… McDonalds (and/or the franchisee) is in a world of hurt over this.

22. mmstk101 says:

that guy is the 50 cent of fast food!

23. Whitey Fisk says:

I’ll have two Big Macs, hold the lead.

24. EWGF says:

I’m surprised…

It’s already been admitted that someone was intoxicated. No amount of being disgruntled (as the employee) or impatience (as the customer) should excuse that.

25. mzs says:

@MercuryPDX: No there is no karma, explanation, angels, whatever. The shooter was simply a moron and the victim very unlucky.

26. Graverobber says:

This is a travesty of justice. Here was a “customer” who had ordered food that NEEDED TO BE PREPARED, and then wanted to renege on her CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION, which is as good as stealing or even MURDER. When an OFF-DUTY employee stepped in to save McDonalds from this OBVIOUS SCAM, another, possibly connected- we’ll never know, individual steps in and tries to distract the HERO. Said HERO uses proper judgement and defends himself against this unwarranted diversionary attack.
    Customer theft and unrestrained liberalism is driving America into the ground. I applaud the efforts of these brave McDonalds employees to do what’s right.

Okay, I don’t actually believe any of that, but I thought it was pretty funny.
    I hope Mr. Cox has a speedy recovery, and the line of lawyers outside his hospital room door is a long one. Deep pockets time Ronald, deep pockets time.

27. jjeeff says:

Did this involve a new no free water policy?

28. fostina1 says:

if someone can get millions for spilled hot coffee. this guy will make out like a bandit.

29. BuddyGuyMontag says:

It keeps the hot side hot and the cool side bulletproof!

30. humphrmi says:

I once got stuck waiting for a grill order (you know, something you order “special”) at a McD drive-through. 15 minutes later, the food had not arrived. I called the store on my cell phone and talked to the manager. It took another 10 minutes, apparently a mis-communication, but when it arrived, it did so with a refund. I could see this sort of thing going on for an hour, and someone who already paid for their food wanting it.

The bottom line is that Mickie Dee’s hires people from the neighborhoods. They don’t do background checks. They offer low pay. That means they’re going to get some riff-raff sometimes. And yes, it’s their (McDonald’s) fault, I’m sure there is some legal action in their future.

31. wgrune says:

@Wormfather:

I wasn’t attempting to blame the victim, so I appologize if it came out that way (I don’t think it did, so whatever). I was merely stating there would be no way I PERSONALLY would have waited an hour for McDonalds. Get off my back.

32. BigElectricCat says:

Thug life at tha drive-thru.

33. BuddyGuyMontag says:

Unfortunately, Grimace will now die in retaliation. Didn’t you see Boyz n Tha Hood?

34. BuddyGuyMontag says:

Meanwhile, biological warfare at Burger King.

35. vdragonmpc says:

nono no Its ‘fitty cent’ of mikki ‘d’s yo…

I wonder if he shot the gun gangsta sideways style?

Why did he have a gun anyway?

36. pecheckler says:

Why would anyone wait at a drive through for more than 2 or 3 minutes?
    I’ve placed my order and than driven off numerous times just to express my disgust with employees lack of haste (or their management’s lack of having enough employees present)

37. Jmatthew says:

I was in line at a McD’s a few weeks ago when a fight broke out between the guys in the car in front of me (A brand new well tricked out Jeep) and some guys using the walk up window.

I had a McDonalds on my left and a brick wall on my right, guys trying to kill each other (and demolish the jeep) in front of me and about a dozen cars behind me.

The McDonalds employees were on the phone with the police (they weren’t involved) I was the phone with police, but none of us could really do anything.

Finally the guys in the jeep chased off the other guys and came back for their car. They floored it out of the parking lot intot he street and were t-boned by a car coming down the street. Luckily the accident cleared the drive out and I was able to get out and leave.

BTW, all I got was coffee (couldn’t find anything else open at 3am). I don’t eat McDonalds “food.”

38. OnceWasCool says:

Where the McDonalds manager went wrong was he waited an hour before shooting. I think the rules state they can fire upon customers after 30 minutes.

39. People of Earth. Please stop eating McDonald’s.
    Thank you.

40. EyeHeartPie says:

@Jmatthew:
    I’ve never seen a McD’s with a walk up window…

41. mac-phisto says:

@ekthesy: yeah – it’s one of those things where you talk yourself out of doing anything.

i did end up at wendy’s though. classic double with cheese *drool*.

42. Gokuhouse says:

This just goes to show you, don’t ever try to get someone’s attention. They will shoot you…9 times.

43. Jmatthew says:

The McDonalds on Burnside in Portland OR has one. Maybe we’re special. Basically the “drive through” has an extra window on the side so people can walk up to it. It’s near a lot of the local bars and clubs, so I’m sure they get a lot of people too drunk to drive through or looking for a snack as they walk from bar to bar…

44. 8abhive says:

Sheez, it wasn’t a gun. It was an express McNugget delivery device gone awry. All this hate for an off-duty employee who was just trying to help.

Mental note: careful with those free Value Meal “extras”.

45. iMe2 says:

Was “chain of unfortunate events” meant to be a pun? If so, wonderful.

46. EyeHeartPie says:

@8abhive: Sort of like a potato gun, but for small McNuggets…made of lead…

47. Nytmare says:

The longest it takes to cook fast food from frozen is 5 min. The only way it takes longer is if they’re just not working.

When I worked fast food, the worst we did is a late-night drive-thru customer waiting 15 min for a sandwich because the cashier went to the back while it was being cooked and forgot about the order. I thought that was embarrassing enough, an hour wait would just be obscene.

Also the food quality is going to be very hit-or-miss during a drive-thru’s slowest overnight period — with lulls up to an hour between customers. They’re either going to get fresh fries or ones that are so old they’re inedible, depending on the cook’s attitude.

48. magic8ball says:

@Smitherd: Yeah, I’m thinking this situation calls for a maximum of, what, six shots?

49. se7a7n7 says:

It’s funny how sarcasm can’t be read.

When someone says “We don’t know the whole story though. The customer who had to wait an hour for their food in a drive-through could haver been really asking to get shot.”, they are quite possibly being facetious… DUH

50. Wynner3 says:

Let’s hope numb nuts with the gun gets jailed for a long time for attempted murder. What the hell is wrong with you, it’s just a damn burger. One burger is not enough to take one’s life.

51. jtheletter says:

@pecheckler: “Why would anyone wait at a drive through for more than 2 or 3 minutes?”
    “It especially tickles my whistle when I’m trapped in one of those barricaded drive throughs thus being forced to wait.”
    Left hand, meet right.

Also, for those of you not familiar with getting fast food after all the bars let out, an hour stuck in a drive-thru line is par for the course in a lot of places.

52. bobpence says:

Mr. Thurman needs to cool his heels for 20-to-life, imho.

53. elanne says:

Somewhere in this story, which we may never learn about, is drugs. No, probably not some crazed maniac on illegal drugs, but someone who is on or going off of those wonderful perfectly legal prescription drugs, especially anti-depression and anti-anxiety drugs.

The effects of these drugs on many and otherwise decent people is scary beyond words. Check it out. Big Pharma sits back and laughs while people kill eachother.

54. maddypilar says:

And this is why Pizza Hut doesn’t allow their delivery drivers to carry a weapon.

55. trujunglist says:

@Wormfather:

That’s MISS Buran to you and she’s already got a stalk… I mean fan/troll, thank you very much.

56. Jaysyn was banned for: http://consumerist.com/5032912/the-subprime-meltdown-will-be-nothing-compared-to-the-prime-meltdown#c7042646 says:

@Wormfather:

Judging by your grammar & sentence construction, I don’t think *she* has much to worry about.

57. jtheletter says:

@elanne: From the News 6 article: “Hall says Thurman was noticeably drunk and began threatening her.”

And you do realize that people can be mentally unbalanced without being on medication, right? There are plenty of people who are just plain crazy or antisocial, but way to inject your own agenda based on 100% speculation. How’s your Thetan count this week?

58. howie_in_az says:

I’m lovin’ it?

59. BigBoat says:

Here’s the law, you guys can work out if McD’s has liability here:

[en.wikipedia.org]

60. Angryrider says:

Tragic, just tragic.

But WHO goes to McD’s at 2:00 in the morning on a Sunday?

61. Devidence says:

What’s this have to do with the consumerist? Or McDonald’s in general?

62. Smitherd says:

@se7a7n7: Eck. Sarcasm radar must have been off. Finals have me fried. My bad.

63. Erskine says:

“I’m thuggin’ it, yo!”

64. Erskine says:

@Devidence: You are new here – fresh off Gawker, right…?

65. theblackdog says:

How ironic, there were all those folks yesterday who said that Pizza Hut drivers should be allowed to pack heat, and this story comes along.

66. jimv2000 says:

This has little to do with a problem with McDonalds or an issue about consumerism.

Some idiot got pissed and shot someone.

67. csdiego says:

@nytmare: I never eat from McDonald’s except for the occasional breakfast, but a friend of mine “needed” a Big Mac once in the early hours when we were driving back from a show so we went through the drive thru. His sandwich took about half an hour to come out, with disgusting slimy blackened lettuce on it that had clearly been picked out of the garbage. We drove back around and asked for a replacement. The guy offered to pick the lettuce off, ha, ha. We went through five more minutes of back and forth before he gave my friend his money back.

Yeah, it’s a crying shame that the consumer can’t get a decent burger on the way home in the wee hours, but think about it. Would you want to work serving drunks for minimum wage in the middle of the night? When you consider that anyone who had any choice at all would do almost anything else, it’s no surprise that Mickey D’s overnight customer service might be a little less than perfect. This is a case of getting what you pay for: dirt-cheap food just might be… dirt.

68. FightOnTrojans says:

This is EXACTLY why Pizza Hut doesn’t want their employees to carry guns. Hell, this guy wasn’t even on-duty, and people are already saying that McDonalds is going to have to cough up a bunch of cash. At least, for now, Mickey-D’s could try to hide behind their “no guns in the workplace” policy (if they have one), and they won’t have to cough up too much. Now imagine how much they would have to pay the victim if they allowed (or encouraged) their employees to carry?

69. Any way you put it, the guy who fired is a total idiot.

This is why I eat at In-N-Out.

70. Buran says:

@Wormfather: Wrong about what exactly?

71. Buran says:

@FightOnTrojans: Pulling a gun on someone when it’s not called for isn’t the same as pulling one when you are directly being threatened with severe harm and/or death.

72. ARPRINCE says:

Waiting for an hour? Geezzeee….

73. Buran says:

@trujunglist: AIEEEE!

(seriously, I did have a few people who went around blasting everything I posted even if there were several other comments sharing the same opinion on the same page. It got old, but it looks like they got bored and left…)

74. csdiego says:

That’s what happens when you add a random “k” to the end of your child’s name. Really, what can the poor boy do with that but end up in the news for shooting someone in the drive-thru at McDonald’s? Please, all you parents-to-be out there, consult a dictionary before naming your sons. The life you save may be his own, or some other poor schmuck’s.

75. dragonvpm says:

@Buran: That’s missing the point. Look at how quick people were to assume that McD’s is going to be liable for the actions of an off duty employee. Even if they’re not they’re likely to have to cough up some money to make this go away (assuming they don’t get sued).

Now imagine how much worse it would be if something went wrong and they encouraged employees to carry guns. The Pizza Hut guy was a good example of how guns can be good, this guy is a good example of how they can be bad.

Unfortunately, for any given company, big or small, “bad” uses of guns are a lot more expensive than the benefit a “good” use of a gun will produce. It sucks, but it doesn’t seem hard to understand why a company could, rightfully, insist that it’s employees not carry guns.

76. @se7a7n7: So you’re saying it’s OK for the guy to haul out a gun and shoot someone? Unbelievable.

77. Mrs. Stephen Fry says:

I always thought Buran was a dude. Huh.

78. @TakingItSeriously: Word. Especially considering that that may be the ONLY drive-thru open that late in the area …

79. MoreIceCream says:

I wonder what sort of sexual things a drunk at 3am in a McDonalds parking lot asks for?

80. forgottenpassword says:

@bohemian:

Heck! I think having to wait an HOUR for service at a mcdonald’s warrants a lawsuit! lol !
    Especially if you are trapped in a drivethru lane (dont know if that was exactly the case though).
    I HATE those one lane drive thru lanes that basically keep you from leaving. Could be very dangerous being trapped in the lane in a dangerous neighborhood.

81. CaliforniaCajun says:

At least he didn’t pour hot coffee on the customer.

82. socritic says:

ooooh someone is going to mcsue them to mcoblivion…

83. katylostherart says:

@Letsgohokies: it was the drunk rush right after all the bars closed i bet.

@dragonvpm: they are generally liable for things happening on their property. just as you are liable if your dog bites someone in your yard, mcdonalds is liable if one of their employees shoots someone on their property to some extent.

84. Buran says:

@MonkeySeeMonkeyDo: I get that a lot! Even on a forum where I sign my name to all posts. But, I’ve carried on enough about that in the past, and don’t want to make it an issue here.

85. FightOnTrojans says:

@Buran: You know that. I know that. Everyone on this board knows that. That McD’s employee didn’t. Now McD’s is going to have to put up a lot of money. They’d be in even worse financial trouble if they knowingly allowed (or encouraged) their employees to carry. At least now they can use the “without admitting fault, we decided it was in our best interests to settle the matter out of court than incur the expense of trial” line. If PH knowingly allows their employees to carry, it would only be a matter of time until something like this happens to them. Again, I don’t fault the guy (delivery guy, not drunk guy here) for carrying and using his gun. All I said was that PH was within their right to distance themselves from him.

86. Gorky says:

When are fast food restaurants gonna realize that if they would pay $15.00/hour they would have a much better pool of applicants to choose from and once hired they would be likely to make a career of it and stay. They could spend the tens of millions of dollars that they wouldve spent training new people every week paying the people who care about their job

87. Televiper says:

Of course McDonald’s is liable. It was one of their employees under the watch of one of their managers, involved in a dispute that started with said manager. It doesn’t matter if he was off duty or not. He involved himself in a dispute between the store and a customer. The manager was responsible for defusing the situation.

88. satoru says:

@Gorky: This will happen around the same time you are willing to pay $15 for a Big Mac meal. People seem to not realize that Americans for all their bluster are cheap bastards. Don’t ask for something you aren’t willing to pay for.

89. StevieD says:

Can we have the whole story.

Waiting in the drive thru for an hour.

Yea, right.

90. humphrmi says:

@katylostherart:

You are right, but I would suggest that, in fact, mcdonalds is liable if anyone shoots someone on their property. The law that @dragonvpm cites limits mcdonald’s liability as the employer of the perpetrator, but not as the owner of the property where the crime was committed.

91. SchuylerH says:

“Hold the bullets, hold the lead-us.
    Special orders don’t upset us.
    All we ask is that you let us
    shoot it your way.”

Okay, I got nothin’.

By the way, a quick Google of the story finds several other versions which don’t even mention Hall, just that Thurman and Cox got in an argument.

92. FightOnTrojans says:

@I Am the Cheese: I’ll take a four-by-four, grilled onions, no lettuce, and animal-style fries, please.

93. Major-General says:

@statnut: In Tulsa? You would wait close to an hour just for them.

@bohemian: Well, odds are he wasn’t permitted to conceal carry in Oklahoma….

@FightOnTrojans: Ahh, In-And-Out: Where you will definately wait an hour in drive through.

94. ExecutorElassus says:

I couldn’t help but mix this whole scenario into some sort of Harold and Kumar flashback. Maybe the gunman flipped his shit because some Indian guy just stole his phat ride with a pound of mad weed in the front.

95. Gorky says:

@satoru:

But they wouldnt HAVE to charge $15 for big macs because of all them money that they wouldnt have to spend retriaining new people every week. They would retain employees for years instead of days

96. narcolepticdoc says:

It’s pretty common at these drive-through places for them to tell you to pull out of the drive through area and wait for somebody to bring you your food if they feel that it’s going to take longer than usual. This is because their stats are monitored electronically, and they don’t want their average times to go up (which will annoy corporate). So every now and then, they shunt you out to the lot and then forget about you.

97. banmojo says:

not really a sign o da times. they’ve been doing this kinda shit since forever. duels used to be fought over basically nothing. the old west had gun fights prompted by … nothing. no news here – same ole same ole. still sad though. life is sad on the whole if you balance amongst all of us on this planet.

98. KD17 says:

“After waiting nearly an hour for her order” Who the hell waits almost an hour for fast food! I find that more crazy than the shooting.

99. kyle4 says:

Damn. How can any of you blame the victim here? This person was shot at (and not even involved in the dispute) 9 times with a gun that could have ended his life in an instant. You are a moron if you think you’re being witty to blame the victim.
    They should sue, and sue big.

100. wildness says:

Having to wait an hour for your order at 2am should have been a clue that this McD was a drug front and gangsters were making your food.

101. Infinity_8 says:

No wonder it was taking so long to get their food. Look at the scumbag that just got off work and shot someone. Fast food sucks. I haven’t had a fast food order in years that has been right. Something is ALWAYS missing. It’s like they purposely “forget” to give you something and they are actually in the back eating it.

Hey I’ll have a grilled snack wrap please! Wait wth…this is crispy!!! I never drive back to complain but maybe I should start.

102. tmed says:

not OFTEN one of them, c’mon.

103. tmed says:

Isn’t an hour time enough to realize that you’d be better off starving for the night rather than eat McDonalds?

104. j-yo says:

Ordering food from minimum-wage workers forced to work graveyard shift is never a pretty sight.

105. consu_consu says:

What does it mean by ‘Hall returned to the drive-thru window to ask for a refund’. Where was she and what was she doing for 1 full hour?

106. hi says:

Over a million and one … served. yo.

107. dragonvpm says:

@humphrmi: I’m not familiar with a law that would make anyone (business or individual) liable for the actions of a random person not in their employ at the time on their property.

IIRC, liability on your property is usually restricted (at least in TX) to things that you can control and are expected to. So, if someone got hurt tripping over a broken sidewalk, or if they have a guard dog that bites someone then there’s a potential liability, but I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t be liable for unsanctioned actions by people who aren’t on the clock.

This is why so many pizza places had to stop the 30 min or it’s free promotions they used to have. IIRC, Dominos lost pretty big when one of their drivers hurt/killed someone while driving recklessly trying to deliver the food on time. Since it was their policy that lead to the accident they were found liable, but it was only because they were pushing their drivers to drive poorly. Now that their policy is that drivers must obey all traffic laws, drive safely etc.. they have some room to maneuver if a driver wrecks or hits someone while doing 90. They might not be entirely off the hook, but a big part of business liability comes down to whether or not employees had permission to behave a certain way and what the company has done in response to that (OSHA rules are a good example of that, if someone habitually breaks safety rules after being warned not to, you are expected to fire them rather than risk having them get hurt on the job).

108. Lambasted says:

Waiting an hour for food doesn’t add up to me. Something smells fishy with this story and it ain’t the McDonad’s food. No one in their right mind waits an hour to get their food. Not at McD’s and not even at a restaurant that cooks real food.

McD’s has a very limited late nite menu so most cars were likely ordering the same thing these people ordered. Thus, I am not buying that they patiently sat in their car for an hour while watching other cars drive-up, get their food, and go.

I think we’re missing a few pieces to this story.

109. Rock-Ola 443 says:

@Angryrider: You may know 2:00 Sunday morning by its other name: Saturday Night.

110. deedrit says:

LMAO! 1 HOUR BIG MAC!?

They must have been hungry.

111. e.varden says:

@se7a7n7:

It’s a fact that irony or sarcasm (or even humour) is Very difficult to communicate via usenet/the phosphor screen (unlike the printed page, or handwritten letter).

Hence the invention of emoticons long ago at M.I.T., to give a clue as to how to “read” the preceding message….

- This phenomenon is not yet explained.