Email Addresses For Best Buy Execs

Here’s a nifty list of contact info for Best Buy execs, rooted up by one of our determined readers in his quest to get his Rewards account working properly. Remember, with great power comes great responsibility—try the normal routes before you launch an EECB, or you’ll ruin it for the rest of us.

With my recent problems with Best Buy I have found these addresses scattered around and I think people here could really use them.

Brad Anderson CEO/Vice Chairman/Director -
brad.anderson@bestbuy.com

Shari Ballard, Executive Vice President, Retail Channel
Shari.Ballard@bestbuy.com

Kim Motz at 612.291.5332 Shari Ballard’s assistant???
Kim.motz@bestbuy.com

Mark Paragi
Senior Executive Resolution Specialist
Best Buy Corporate Campus
(612) 292-0077 Direct
(952) 430-7033 Fax
mark.paragi@bestbuy.com

Investor Contacts: Jennifer Driscoll, 612-291-6110 Vice President, Investor Relations
jennifer.driscoll@bestbuy.com

Charles Marentette, 612-291-6184 Senior Director, Investor Relations
charles.marentette@bestbuy.com

Carla Haugen, 612-291-6146 Director, Investor Relations
carla.haugen@bestbuy.com

RELATED
“The Ultimate Consumerist Guide To Fighting Back”
(Photo: Vince Brown)

Comments

1. BigElectricCat says:

Good info, but considering I won’t ever shop at Worst Buy again, I won’t have any use for it.

2. ludwigk says:

Some of these are golden, but if you are planning an EECB, please leave out the irrelevant individuals. Like Julie, VP of retail training? She might have nothing to do with your rewards card issues unless some store-level rep repeatedly set it up wrong. .

3. SaveMeJeebus says:

Make sure you identify yourself as a “Maria” or whatever you would be classified as.

4. hejustlaughs says:

Quick way to get on the “demon” list.

5. homerjay says:

I get the feeling that this is one of those email contact lists that won’t make a lick of difference. After all, its best buy….

6. r081984 says:

I recently did an EECB to Best Buy for my friend, an international student, and got him a $500 gift card.

Geeksquad threw away his Ipod that was broken. He was having it repaired because he bought a 3 year service plan. He did not know what to do since he was not from this country and did not know our laws and Best Buy refused to help him. So I did an EECB for him.

For 6 months they gave him the run around and refused to return his 60GB Ipod. The EECB took like 3 days before someone responded and said they would send him a $500 gift card.

7. r081984 says:
  8. jchabotte says:

you fogot Michael Arrighi

michael.arrighi@bestbuy.com

9. trujunglist says:

Not that this is related, because it hardly is, but a co-worker of mine was trying to get support for driver installation of a usb to serial adapter. He called the company and they told him that they only handle hardware issues, not software issues, which is what a driver would be, and that the software issue was a different department where you would have to pay to get service. We were not pleased, considering that we paid money for this cable and they basically tell you it’s your problem when their drivers don’t work correctly. Fine, we can deal with that, so just for shits and giggles, he gets transferred again to a software agent, who takes down a bunch of information and then says that she will transfer him to the software tech department. I was like wait, didn’t you already just get transferred there? Who were you just speaking to? But that didn’t matter, because soon a computerized voice answered the phone and said
    “Welcome to Geek Squad”
    I laughed my ass off at that point and told him he may as well just hang up, but he kept going until they asked for a $99 fee to come and take a look at it.
    Then we fixed the problem 3 minutes later.

10. multiplix says:

thanks, but no thanks…best buy and me parted quite awhile ago…..

11. Pro-Pain says:

God, is this company STILL AROUND???

12. Part-Time-Viking says:

@Pro-Pain: Yes, and is doing well despite what the editors of this site will want you to believe.

13. hejustlaughs says:

@Pro-Pain: You do realize the majority of American consumers don’t mind get shafted up the rear when it comes to pricing and customer service right?

14. Extended-Warranty says:

It’s shocking that Best Buy still exists. You would think that everyone wants to build their own PC from parts they bought online when they can’t even operate an emachine.

15. endless says:

@Extended-Warranty:

ding-ding-ding.

winner!

16. Bizzarodave says:

@Pro-Pain: Best Buy is the largest electronics retailer in the US, and is doing much better than Circuit City, who is on the verge of collapse. No amount of uninformed vitriol directed at Best Buy from posters on this site will affect their excellent performance in my portfolio.

17. cmetrav says:

OK I am having an issue ith the “warranty” Best buy charged me for but now refuses to honor. I purchased there “warranty” after reading all the fun other people are having with there X-boxes. So I go in the first time they ask me if I would like to extend it. I say sure I would love to. I go back this round 9 months later to be told Sorry there is no serial number listed on the warranty so we can not honor it. At this point I am planning on filing a class action law suit as I am am being told from the better buisness burea that this would be the best thing to do. So if any one out there is having the same issue please email me @ travuti@yahoo.com and I will add you to the class action suit. The sad part is the executives listed above don’t even really care. The EE office gave me the line of we have lost alot of money due to the X-box… like that is my fault.

18. Anonymous says:

I have a different story to tell. I have never had a problem with best buy service. I had a Garmin GPS that failed within a month of the 3 yr service plan expiring. I took it to the local Best Buy in Richmond, VA. The model I had was no longer being sold. They gave me a newer version of the GPS. No questions asked.

19. Anonymous says:

I had 2 incidents that I feel Best Buy should honor and have just left me in the dark – this is absolutely unacceptable – any help is appreciated.

IPOD
    I have purchased an Ipod on May 25, 2008 for my son. I have also purchased the 3 year warranty for the IPOD.
    I specifically asked if this warranty included the “accidental damage” and was told YES.
    In addition, I was also given the documentation of the Performance Service Plan which specifically states
    Accidental Damage on page 2 as per attached.
    Unfortunately, on February 22, 2008, the Ipod’s was accidentally damaged. I thought there would be no problem since
    I did have all the documentation and it was a fairly new Ipod. Unfortunately, they told me that the plan that was
    given to me and explained to me was not correct and the ipod can not be replaced.
    I have asked for a supervisor but noone seems to be of any assistance.
    I am also attaching a receipt from a competitor which shows the Ipod cheaper and the warranty 30.00 cheaper.
    How can this plan at a cheaper rate include accidental damage and Best Buy’s for 59.99. does not.
    I feel like I am getting pushed around and no one is honoring their mistake or information that I was explicitly told.
    I am hoping you can help resolve this and Honor your information that I was told by replacing this Ipod.

Projector
    At the end of last year, I spent 2 hours looking at projectors/televisions. I settled on a Toshiba projector.
    It is an excellent unit and I had no problem. Due to the usage, the bulb went out this December.
    When I purchased the projector, I was told the bulb would be approx 50.00. This estimate was totally incorrect.
    The costs is approx 350.00 – the sales rep was just 300.00 off!!!
    I called and tried to explain to the help desk that I would never have purchased this item.
    if I was told the correct information about the costs of the bulb, etc.
    Can they help – return it and go half on the expense and I would purchase the flat screen television.
    They of course refused me. I felt again I was mislead and that Best Buy should accept some responsibility.
    I do have the unit with the NEW bulb and still would like to return it and put the money towards a flat screen TV.
    I will never use this projector if a bulb costs 350.00 to be replaced so it will be of no value to me.
    I did get a replacement bulb but would still like to trade it in – again, it is in excellent condition and I feel Best Buy should
    be a little more understanding with the situation since it was mostly their lack of knowledge and information that
    led me to purchase this item.

I have called the help desk several times and no one seems to really care or want to help me.
    They are telling me it was their mistake but they still can not address any of my issues.

20. Anonymous says:

I was so happy to find this list. I have had issues with Best Buy for over two years. I am now dealing with them over a laptop that I purchased just before Christmas ’08. I tried repeatedly to return this (the third laptop that I tried over the period of only days) laptop during the return period. The Geek Squad knows less about computers than an elderly person who has never touched one. At least that person will not mess one up or give bad advice that costs people their hard earned money. I have encountered rude employees. These employees range from the sales representatives all the way up to management. One manager told my 9 year old daughter to shut up. Yes, that’s wonderful customer service for you. I have been accused of shoplifting because I did not know I needed to get a sticker on something upon entering the store. The manager did perform a count and, low and behold, I was innocent and allowed to take my printer back home with me. The phone calls to customer service are frustrating as well, though not quite as painful as dealing with these unethical morons face to face. I have reached a two supervisors. They refuse to help or to get back to me to let me know how they have handled their issues at the retail locations. I was offered a $25 gift card after arguing for an hour that I should be compensated in some way. I want to find a way to get my laptop replaced without the risk of something happening to it if I were to allow them to send it away for service or whatever they actually do with products brought in with a their stupid service plan and accidental coverage plan. I hope this list gets me some results. I truly cannot take much more of these people.

21. specifier2 says:

I purchased a front load washer and dryer from Best Buy. It shook during the spin cycle. One month and day later, I get a service man to come say I need to purchase rubber feet for the machine. He can do nothing because LG washer needs to be on a concrete floor. We do not have a concrete floor in our house. It is now almost two years later and the machine is completely broken. They will not fix it even though it still has three year’s warranty left. Said it was our fault for not having a concrete floor and letting it shake.

22. blackhat72 says:

Great info. Thanks for the help.

And now, in the spirit of helping the next guy… of all of the email addresses in the article and in the comments, the following work. All others are defunct.

Madden, Carolina [Carolina.Madden@bestbuy.com]
    Stenoien, David [David.Stenoien@bestbuy.com]
    Paragi, Mark [Mark.Paragi@bestbuy.com]
    Anderson, Brad [Brad.Anderson@bestbuy.com]
    Chatterley, Bruce [Bruce.Chatterley@bestbuy.com] (Asks that all email be sent to brucec@hq.speakeasy.net since he does not check his Best Buy address regularly.)

These are the addresses that I received an auto-reply from about it being the weekend, holiday, or vacations. (It is Saturday, November 28, 2009, two days after Thanksgiving.)

I love this site. I will be back often!

Thanks!

23. seni says:

I wanted to thank you for posting all the numbers and contact information.

I think this site is very important in that way.
    Very happy that i have found it.

After a very frustrating and highly disapointing experience over the thanksgiving weekend and online sales for black friday I got to mad over my experience that I decided to take it up to corporate office and started researching all the articles on best buy and finding key people’s names in the company as well.

Only after my bad experience which included repetitevely given wrong information from the online staff, numbers of droped calls etc..
    did i start reading about other peoples experiences, even on their own site and forum.

I was really surprized at how many problems other people had as well, which in retrospect should not have surprized me because my problems with best buy were not one time ocasion but ongoing and repetitive multy ocasion happenings over more then 2 days.

Still I am a bit sadened to see that they have so many problems and that they have caused pain and grief to people over and over again.
    I have also found a case with connecticut attorney general in regards online problems and pricing in 2007 with best buy.

On one hand its so recent that we have experienced that so many companies went bancrupt, which were best buy competitors. It is sad to see our economy deteriorate.
    However, the fact that best buy survived and was luckier then some of their past competitors that went bust, they should be even in a better position to take advantage of having a bigger customer base.

In that respect now having a bigger customer base and oportunity for profits and survival should also be a incentive for that company to treat their customers well and to fix the problems and past mistakes and unproffesional service they have offered.

In retrospect I am in a state of shock.. that so many customers at this time have reasons to misstrust the company and I am simply amazed that the company would view this as normal way to conduct its business.

I just cant imagine that any executive at this company would feel proud reading any of these pages. I am currently talking with corporate office and they assured me they are looking for a solution to my problems and complaints.
    Personaly If i was an executive at the company I would aim to fix the problems that customers have as well as take all these reports as a guideline to improve how they conduct their business and training overall in the company for the present and the future.

That after all is the managements job.
    To lead the company, its employes and its public image and relations and satisfaction with its customers.

24. jackpotpaul says:

Another Best Buy adventure. I bought a TV online on Black Friday. I printed out the order info which included an order number and a delivery date of 12/8. On 12/7 I went online to check what time the tv would be delivered. No record found of my order. This began my delightful customer service experience. After a total in the neighborhood of 15 hours on the phone over a five day period they finally refused to make the order right and told us they would mail us a gift card refund. I told them that was unacceptable since I would never set foot in a Best Buy again but they didn’t care. At this point I called the Ohio Attorney Generals consumer hotline and filed a formal complaint. They told me I had a rock solid complaint and they thougth they could make it right. When I was done with that I contacted the national Better Business Bureau and started a case with them also. My wife then googled “best buy ceo brian dunn email address” That led me to this site. I emailed the ceo and several other high level executives, the whole while skeptical that these email addresses were correct. This was on Friday. On Monday I checked my email and found to my surprise a notification from Best Buy to call them to make delivery arrangements. I did this and suddenly my order was active again. I wondered all evening what had caused this to happen….. Tuesday when I got home from work my wife told me that she had received a phone call from Brian Dunn’s (CEO of Best Buy) office.
    They were polite and professional and left a phone number to call them directly if they order did not get delivered as scheduled. Bottom line – the email addresses I found on your site were obviously correct. Thank you to the Consumerist

25. Coaster says:

I got someone else’s service plan renewal in the mail, and when I asked Best Buy about it, they said “it happens all the time”. Scary, their name and address and service plan number are all on the form I got. It’s nice to know that informational security breaches happen “all the time”.

26. Coaster says:

BTW – if you are a Best Buy employee and email any of these people, they will pretend to be nice (even if it’s an issue they should know about) and they will turn around and have your manager write you up. Happened to a guy I know.

27. alexbradfield says:

Just wanted to say thank you for the above information. VERY HELPFUL. I was on hold with the “regular” customer service line available through the bestbuy.com. They couldn’t have been more UN-helpful.
    I contacted the customer care desk from your above listed contact information. The issue is resolved. THANKS SO MUCH!

28. dascrilla says:

All that best buy is is a retail store. They are not there to provide information on how much a bulb costs (they dont sell them), they are not there to solve all driver issues for a usb adapter. They sell a product manufactured by someone else. Anything else is an additional service. The reason people expect more is beyond me honestly….
    You also have to remember that customer service employees and those trying to help you and answer your questions are confined by company policy. These are people like you and me and should be shown some semblance of respect. In fact, I have even seen managers at store level breach company policy time and time again to make amends for a customer or simply to make the customer happy (even if he/she is in the wrong!!!) This is why the company is still around for the time being.

29. jjk454ss says:

Does anyone have current email addresses, these are old and the latest I see in the comments are from 2009. I need some up to date info. Thanks