The root problem for the guy whose Dodge Charger dashboard lights would flash in the rain and then he would have trouble restarting was…frayed and rubbing wires.

Comments

1. arras says:

interesting…I’m not a car guy, but doesn’t that sound like the sort of thing that would be fire hazardy?

2. Squeezer99 says:

@arras:

depends on how many amps were running through the wires

3. Orv says:

@Squeezer99: And whether they were on a fused circuit.

4. Krobar says:

Thanks for the update Ben!

5. What kills me is that my car is making a noise while making turns. My dad works for a dealership so he’s able to look into GMs internal trouble tickets, he found the exact problem. It says, directly from GM, that its a common problem due to the “front stabilizer mounts being manufactured out of specification.” Of course, my car is one year out of warranty, so despite the fact that the cause of the problem is 100% their manufacturing fault, I’d have to foot the bill. Nuts to that. Nuts to that, indeed.

6. trujunglist says:

@LastVigilante:

You have to pay for a known manufacturing defect? Man, last time I checked, that’s what recalls are for. Can’t you put a foot up the dealers ass or something? Otherwise, class action lawsuit?

7. Buran says:

@LastVigilante: Get a printout and take it to the service counter and say “I am not paying for your screwup”.

8. TheSpatulaOfLove says:

…Or go to another dealer.

If you don’t get satisfaction at another dealer, then take it up with GM. Call their customer care number, state your case. Chances are, they’ll squeeze the dealer to get the job done.

9. aparker81 says:

This same wiring issue was causing our Town and Country all sorts of problems: dash lights illuminated, A/C compressor wouldn’t turn on and overhead compass went out. After they milked us for $500 and 4 visits, they finally fixed it. :-(