Comcast Fixes Problem Of Reader They Made Cry

Stephanie’s internet is back after she used the contact info from our post “Comcast Trawling Blogs And Twitter For Customer Complaints” to email Comcast’s problem solver, Frank Eliason. Stephanie writes, “Within an hour of my email to Frank he responded, saying that he forwarded my problem to Scott the local guy…they had a tech at my house within an hour.” Score!

PREVIOUSLY: Comcast Skips 3 Appointments, Hangs Up On You 6 Times, Makes You Want To Cry
(Photo: u2acro)

Comments

1. …we eagerly await a follow up.

2. bradanomics says:

that was quick.

3. Maybe I’m just being cynical, but I wouldn’t call it a success until the tech actually shows up. I’m keep expecting to see another update stating the tech still didn’t show up.

4. Squeegoth says:

It -should not take this- to get problems fixed. Outsourced phone support/customer service with no real management and reliance on metrics/numbers to justify people’s jobs is the cause of the total systemic failure of the system. Customer service on the whole is shit because of management who can not look past hard numbers like talk times and look at people actually getting helped. That’s because that’s -hard-, and management (like most people) is lazy.

5. BugMeNot2 says:

Why is it that the local cable modem techs are like this shadow organization within the cable company? There is no way to get in contact with them directly.

A few years ago there was some sort of hardware issue that caused every user in my city to experience a brief outage about every 45 minutes. A week of wrestling with the call center, contracted tech visits and complaining on the Comcast forum brought no resolution. I eventually tracked down some kind of corporate number and like this post, it got forwarded to someone a local tech manager who knew what he was doing and tracked the problem down.

If we had been able to reach him in the first place, it would have saved everyone a lot of headache and wasted time. But no, you can’t do that for some reason.

6. ComcastAnon says:

Very awesome. It’s nice to see that they have hired some more people who don’t worry about the bottom line.

7. AaronC says:

@BugMeNot2: Because people would call him the techs for useless questions and he would never get to do his job. This is why almost every service does not allow direct contact to the employee doing the service. It prevents customers from causing more trouble. And i agree with it. Imagine a UPS guy having to take calls during his deliveries. Someone swears they were home when they weren’t and demands he come back and deliver when he has 100 other packages to do that day.

8. matto says:

Sweet. So all I need to do is blog and twitter about the shit service I get, and it could possibly get fixed? I wonder why the same thing doesn’t happen when I call their customer service number. That seems easier.

Just in case this is true, Comcast service in the SF area has gotten shittier and shittier. I get 5 or 6 bursts of errors so bad, they produce visible dropouts in the mpeg stream. And like people had predicted, their NEW HIGH DEFINITION CHANNELS look like shit since they are recompressing them down and jamming them into oversubscribed QAM channels. BSG on SciFi looked horrible, with obvious macroblocking on any scene with motion.

Congratulations, Comcast. You’ve made cable look even shittier and more compressed than DirecTV. Ironic that your picture quality was one of the reasons I made the expensive switch to you from D*.

9. matto says:

@matto: er. 5 or 6 bursts of errors per hour.

10. BugMeNot2 says:

@AaronC: I didn’t say I want to get in touch with one particular individual. I said I want to be able to get in touch with the local cable modem tech organization the same way I can get the local cable television technicians to answer questions about the local service instead of going in circles with the “internet” service call center located in god-knows-where, USA, who insist there’s no problem in my city.