This Reusable Best Buy Coupon For 10% Off Does Not Expire

Save 10% on your visit to Best Buy by bringing along this printable, reusable coupon that doesn’t seem to expire. The coupon is accessible to the public, but it is meant to serve as a chintzy government house-warming gift from the Post Office to people who recently moved.

From CyberNet:

The URL of the coupon is:

The first thing that popped into my head was that part of the filename for the image is just the year followed by the month. In this case the 200804 represents April, 2008. As it turns out the URL of the image changes from month-to-month almost like clockwork. So the next time you’re looking to buy something from Best Buy check to see whether this coupon applies to you, and adjust the URL to represent the current month. USPS might be changing the URL as more people start to catch on, but by modifying the URL I can see that they’ve been using this structure for nearly a year.

The coupon applies to a surprisingly broad swath of Best Buy swag. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Reusable” 10% Off Best Buy Coupon [CyberNet]

Comments

1. joshthephenom says:

Que about a bajillion people about to ask why anyone would shop at Best Buy in the first place.

Not saying I blame them… just gets old.

2. gmss0205 says:

It expires on May 31st. Says it right on the coupon. Did the writer miss that?

3. courtarro says:

$1 says next month’s coupon never appears.

4. exp: 4/1 – 5/31/08

5. nevermind, I get, it change 200804 to 200806 in June and its still good.

6. dbson says:

@gmss0205:

what he/she said

7. outinthedark says:

You can get these in the address change packages…best buy wouldn’t take mine when I tried to buy a desk…

8. Verdigris says:

I get about 10 of these a month, usually for 20% or more. They come with my weekly Rewards Zone card.

As much as I hear bad things about them here, their prices on games always beat out our Gamestops and Wal-marts, plus I save money with these, and they go towards getting 5,10,20 dollars off purchases in the future.

9. geeky_reader says:

@joshthephenom: If one is stuck w/ a Best Buy gift card, this coupon would come in handy.

10. Superawesomerad says:

@joshthephenom: “Cue”

11. EmperorOfCanada says:

Who’s going to be the first one to print off 10 billion of these and try to take them into a best buy to claim their million dollars?

12. antmilla says:

@EmperorOfCanada:
    Me. I will.
    haha.

13. Yoooder says:

@EmperorOfCanada: Reclaim them on what? %10 off of the thousands upon thousands of printer cartridges you’ll need to print the remaining 9,999,999,725 when your first cartridge runs out.

It’s 10% off, not “$10 to you, sir”

14. MercuryPDX says:

@apronk: That was the only reason I’d ever shopped there. A gift card for the cost of one PS3 game + Tax.

15. BigElectricCat says:

Yes, but then I would have to shop at Best Buy in order to make use of this coupon. And I’m just not willing to do that.

16. chrisjames says:

@EmperorOfCanada: If you can print 10 per page (an optimistic estimate given the size of these monster coupons), that’s $0.001 per page. Can you print for less than a cent a page?

17. EmperorOfCanada says:

@Yoooder

They are worth 1/100 of a cent apiece. I can print off 10 billion of them at work :p

18. chrisjames says:

@chrisjames: Bad phrasing. Make that, can you print for less than 1/10th of a cent per page? Makes more sense that way.

19. sgodun says:

Best Buy regularly gets lambasted on Consumerist pages (and rightly so), then Consumerist posts a Best Buy coupon and encourages people to use it?

Is Brad Anderson now a shareholder in Gawker? WTF???

20. wring says:

I have been given a run-around with this coupon. BF was buying an xbox 360 controller and we tried using the coupon, but since it’s not included in the list of applicable items, therefore it’s excluded from the discount. Major wtf. Use with caution.

21. BuddyGuyMontag says:

To play devil’s advocate, isn’t most of the BB complaints about after-purchase service (Geek squad/warranty)? If you’re educated about the pricing of what you want to buy and use the right CC to buy it (one that extends the warranty), I don’t see anything wrong.

22. Angryrider says:

Heh, 10% only takes off sales tax.

Another thing to bash Best Buy about. They suck when it comes to pulling merchandise like penny strategy guides. They’re not supposed to sell them, they’re supposed to get rid of them. And we are allowed to buy them? Man they suck at that.
    [wiki.cheapassgamer.com]

23. joshthephenom says:

@Superawesomerad: Damn, I asked everyone in my office and they all thought it was que… guess I’ll just use dictionary.com next time

24. joshthephenom says:

@apronk: It’s true, though my point was more towards the numerous commenters in Best Buy posts that simply say “why would anyone shop at Best Buy” just to be saying it, ya know? Like how everyone always beats the “I wonder if they’re taking it seriously?” horse to death.

25. vatica40 says:

If you are part of the RewardZone program, they send out a packet of like three of these coupons that are good for a weekend every month. At least they do with me. And not only do you save 10%, you can actually save 12% by using the RewardZone number at checkout. While this still doesn’t end up saving more money than newegg or amazon, or some other place, if you’re in a “gotta have it now” mood one weekend, it helps. You just have to be careful not to buy something -just because- you have the coupons, which is what they of course intend.

26. Pro-Pain says:

When will Best Buy just “expire”?

27. WraithSama says:

Near the bottom-right in bold-faced print, it clearly states that the coupon is only valid from 4/1/08 to 5/31/08.

28. eelmonger says:

Although the title is a tad misleading, it’s funny to see how many people don’t RTFA. WraithSama gmss0205

Too bad the coupon doesn’t cover games, that’s pretty much all I use BB for (and that’s probably why I don’t hate them like most people on this site).

29. jjason82 says:

All the discounts in the world can’t get me to shop at a store with such awful customer service.

30. Xerloq says:

@Superawesomerad: Unless he meant queue, or “Q” if referring to a fictitious omnipototent star trek entity (I know I’m not posting on IO9).

“Cue the queue, Q!”

31. alstein says:

Best Buy isn’t that bad if you can go in , get what you want, get out.

I just don’t shop there.

32. Wynner3 says:

10%? What is that, the tax?

33. SuperJdynamite says:

You can also get 10% from Lowes and Home Depot via the USPS moving pack (and many other places).

34. I’m laying 1:6 that we won’t see 200805_clientarea.gif.

35. @Wynner3: It sounds like you’re knocking it because it’s close to the sales tax rate. If sales tax is 10%, you save 9% after tax. What’s your point?

36. pecheckler says:

I use these best buy 10% coupons any time I buy electronics, games, etc.
    I’ve used them at gamestop, k-mart, circuit city, and Staples.

37. smackswell says:

not good on Apple products? Not worth my time.

38. davekoob says:

@eelmonger

I do believe this coupon covers games. I believe I saw an article here on the Consumerist that covers the topic. The coupon is good for ‘toys’ if you type in ‘toy’ into Best Buy’s search box, you’ll find that many of the top games show up on the first page of results!!!

39. vastrightwing says:

I now better than to believe anything that has “Best Buy” on it. No way! There’s probably an asterisk that limits the coupon to only items that have ‘z’ as the 3rd character in the SKU, but you won’t know this until you try to check out and the cashire tells you you can’t use the coupon on that item. Moral: don’t bother with Best Buy.

40. banmojo says:

DON’T.SHOP.AT.BEST.BUY.EVER.PLEASE.THEY.SUCK.BALLS.AND.DONKEY.DICKS.BIG.TIME.DON’T.DO.IT.BOYCOTT.THEIR .STUPID.ASS.STORE.FOREVER.AMEN

41. antmilla says:

@wring: dude it’s 10% calm down it’s just a coupon.

lol.

42. thekicker says:

@wring: Go back there. Game controllers are right in the list.

“PC cameras and gaming controllers”

43. paulinsanjuan says:

Consumerist Editors:
    Why are we posting a coupon for Best Buy when we’ve seen nightmare after nightmare from them? You guys love to lambast them with your editorial copy & posts but don’t mind posting a coupon which will only reinvigorate this vicious circle?

44. paulinsanjuan says:

Consumerist Editors:

45. lordcainx says:

@thekicker: You might want to read the entire coupon. 1. The part you mentioned is under Computer Accessories. 2. There is even smaller text that says “Excludes Bose audio products….yada yada…. Video Game Hardware and Accessories…”.

46. graphicwave says:

Thanks! I was waiting until I received one of these in the mail from my rewards zone program, but thanks to the printable version, I bought the Canon Digital Rebel XSI this weekend and saved $90. Now the only question is…..will it blend?

47. VizionQuest says:

That’s great. I’ve researched and reviewed all the best following types of shopping sites below:

Price Comparison Sites

Cash Back Sites

Deal Sites

Coupon Sites

Classified Ads Sites

Auction Sites

Mobile Shopping Sites

Marketplace Sites

Product Review Sites

Product Buying Advice/Guide Sites

Price Alerts

I’ve also posted some strategies on how to find the best price and obtain even further savings. You can see the full review and list here:

ToMuse.com

48. blackmage439 says:

I can personally vouch for the validity of this coupon. I have used two in te past month at the Best Buy on Butterfield Rd. in Downers Grove, IL. I bought a crappy, discontinued Hitachi external hard drive, returned with it and another coupon, returned the drive, and bought a better Seagate with a 5-year warranty. w00t! indeed.

49. G-16 says:

link is now dead, guess they got smart. Oh well this is still working for a few more days.

50. blackmage439 says:

Uh, no… Link is still active as of 4/25.

51. Ninjastorm66 says:

The may link works now

52. dohspc says:

Thanks for the coupon! Saved 239 bucks on a new TV on the last day of this coupon. I actually used it once before earlier in the month! Hopefully we will have a new one soon!