First, we want to say thanks to TIME Magazine for naming us one of their top 25 blogs. Now that’s out of the way, and we can ask why they’re using such a misleading ad on the masthead of their site: “Subscribe to TIME Magazine for just $1.99” it says! Yes, but when you click through to the sign up form, you see that your “subscription” is for six issues—six weeks—and that the fine print indicates you also agree to an auto-renewed fee of $19.95 every six months. We don’t mind the $1.99 tryout period, but hiding the real subscription fee in fine print is sneaky. Any magazine with the good taste to recognize our blog should also respect its readers enough to be upfront on the details of its subscription offers.
TIME's "Subscribe For $1.99" Offer Misleading
By cwalters April 10, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Which Beauty Subscription Boxes Are Actually Worth The Monthly Fee?
- Watch Out For Fake Magazine Renewal Invoices
- Would You Pay A News Source To Read Individual Articles Online?
- Authorities In Five States Suing Magazine & Newspaper Subscription Service Accused Of Fraud
- Former Operator Of FAFSA.com Penalized $5.2M For Illegal Billing