Sprint Forces You To Pay $988.00 For A Phone You Never Used

Here’s a sad story from reader Kristin:

I signed a contract with Sprint in 2004, things were going great. My husband and I decided to move in January 2007 and needed a phone service that reached our area…Sprint did not. Now, pay close attention to the dates…..

I called Sprint in January of 2007 and told them that I would like to cancel my contract with them. They explained to me that my contract which I opened in 2004 was up to expire in three months, three months being March of 2007. I said fine, I will continue to pay the monthly bills until such time but DO NOT want to renew the contract because I had already secured another cell phone carrier, Verizon. They said, well can we offer you a free phone to keep you around? I said NO, just please DO NOT renew my contract. So three months go by and I sit down one day to pay my bills and what do you know…..there’s a phone bill from Sprint. I started to make phone calls, but…every single time I entered in my account number to speak with a customer representative, DISCONNECTED. So I thought, let me try to write some emails…they can’t hang up on emails…but they definitely IGNORED THEM! Now, let me explain that I work with an organization that closely monitors my credit report and cannot take the chance of ANYTHING being reported to a collections agency so month after month I paid a bill for a phone that I no longer used…HELL I couldn’t even find the damn phone.

So fast forward to February of 2008, I FINALLY got to speak with a customer service representative that had a ton of attitude. I explained to her that I have been trying to have this phone disconnected for over a year. She said well, I can disconnect the phone for you but it will cost $200 since your contract doesn’t expire until 2009. I said no mam, that is incorrect, my contract should have expired in March of 2007. She said, No, it’s 2009. I asked to speak with a supervisor, she said “HOLD” and nobody ever came back to the line.

So today APRIL 10, 2008 I get a bill for $268.00. I call the Finance Department at Sprint. I ask why would I pay $268 for a disconnection fee if my contract ended in March of 2007. She stated that I would have had to of signed or verbally gave approval in 2006 to renew the contract but they don’t keep records going back that far……EXCUSE ME??? What do you mean you don’t keep records going back only 2 years??? I said, NO, I NEVER signed or gave a verbal approval of anything, infact, I tried to cancel this phone over a year ago and got the run around. She said well sorry mam, but you will either have to pay this or we will send it to collections. Again, SPRINT is not worth my job, so today APRIL 10, 2008 15 MONTHS LATER I am out a grand total of $988.00 for a phone that I HAVEN’T USED!!!

Needless to say, I will NEVER use Sprint again and after speaking to family and friends about this situation who all use SPRINT…they will NOT be renewing their contracts and a couple will be calling to cancel. DON’T MESS WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS…cause in the end you will be the one losing! BASTARDS.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Oh my gosh, Kristin that is horrible! First we’d like to suggest that you call the Sprint Consumerist Hotline: (703-433-4401). We’re not sure how much luck you’re going to have negotiating with them, but we’d take the opportunity ask for them to send you copies of all your phone records as well as a copy of something that says you authorized the contract extension. I know you said that they told you they don’t keep records but that’s a bunch of baloney. Take notes during this conversation, or record it.

Next, you may want to try to launch an eecb (Executive Email Carpet Bomb) on Sprint. You might want to remind them how angry the Minnesota Attorney General is about the 30,000 complaints she’s received about Sprint extending contracts without customer consent. Sprint has a new commercial that invites you to email the CEO at dan@sprint.com. We suspect you’ll get a canned response, but we’d love to be wrong about that.

Finally, if that doesn’t work, why not file a lawsuit in small claims court? Bring all the evidence you can get from Sprint that shows you never used the phone. If you’re lucky, they won’t even show up and you’ll get a default judgment.

Does anyone else have any advice for Kristin?

(Photo:Maulleigh)

Comments

1. CMU_Bueller says:

So they’re trying to hold you to a contract that they have no recod of you agreeing to. That makes sense.

2. uberbucket says:

Oh wow, that sucks.

Paying a bill = admission of guilt or acknowledging of responsibility in most cases.

I paid a traffic ticket from another state without looking closely at it and ended up getting my license suspended once.

3. warf0x0r says:

If you move to an area where there is no coverage you don’t have to pay an ETF. You got played by the original CSR. If you had asked you could have gotten out of your contract right then without paying an ETF at all.

4. laserjobs says:

If you file a lawsuit in small claims court, use a Sprint address for a mall kiosk. Less chance they actually show up.

5. Verdigris says:

@warf0x0r: Working for a cell company, that statement is false. New contracts are worded very carefully to assume that if you move out of a carriers service are, you are the one breaking the contract. It used to be if we couldn’t serve you, you got out free provided you give us proof of relocation. Now it’s basically “We provide the service. If you move to an area where our service doesn’t reach, that’s your won fault for moving there.”

6. Mollyg says:

I once had ATT try to say that I agreed to a contract extension when I did not. My two years was up and I wanted out. I contacted my state Attorney General and a week later ATT backed down and let me go without an ETF.

I would also recommend that if you need to contact a CSR, do not give up because their phone system sucks.

7. scoli83 says:

@uberbucket: Are you a lawyer? If not, where did you get your information?

Paying a bill is not an admission of guilt or an acknowledgment of responsibility. In many cases people pay bills they don’t actually owe to avoid going to collections, etc., then sue to recover.

8. Nick1693 says:

I’d say follow on the footsteps of that guy who gave Dell his small claims court papers… At the mall kiosk.

9. midwestkel says:

Why if your phone is about to expire did you only try to call and email a couple times then wait almost a year. You should of know when you were paying the bill each month to try and cancel.

I dont see how the total of $988 is Sprint’s Fault, the $268 for the ETF but not the whole thing.

You dont have to put in a account number when you call just keep hitting 0 and you will wind up with a person.

Does anyone else see the logic in waiting that long then complain? Because I don’t…

10. thejoker2099 says:

Man I thought it sucked where I worked….

I would think that would be some sort of invasion of privacy. “You may never make a finacial mistake, or you’re fired.”

…I bet they have a camera in the toilet, too.

11. thejoker2099 says:

err…financial….sorry.

12. midwestkel says:

“So fast forward to February of 2008, I FINALLY got to speak with a customer service representative that had a ton of attitude.”

I like how she said that, it made it sound like she was on hold that long…

13. unravel says:

Sprint has three year contracts?

14. Sprint is simply a crooked company.

I’ve never used them and even I had collections issues with them.

15. farker says:

If her contract was expired, continuing to pay it to prevent a mark on her credit would not have extended nor renewed her contract.

My sister has had Sprint for about 5 years, the last 3 or so without a contract. She can drop her service at any time, as this woman should have been allowed to with no difficulties.

Another suggestion to Kristen would be to report Sprint to the BBB as well. Always make sure when dealing with customer service to get their full name or at least their first name and employee identification number.

16. warf0x0r says:

@Verdigris: In 2003 I called sprint and said that I moved and asked if I had to pay an EFT. They said No.

Could the CSR have been wrong, maybe. I guess I’d say I was wrong if someone can produce an official statement, but otherwise I’m going with what sprint told me… for whatever that is worth.

17. BensAngel says:

Of course paying a bill is acceptance of the charge, you don’t have to be a lawyer to work that one out. It was silly to do so irrespective of the perceived consequences. It would be illegal for the employer to dismiss as a result of a valid credit dispute.

And the timeframe is too long. Why didn’t she visit a Sprint store, and return the phone with a letter saying not to renew? If you did this (or post it in via registered mail) in March of 07 there would be no case to answer…

18. Verdigris says:

@warf0x0r: That was in 2003. It used to be that way but has since changed on a national scale.

19. Buran says:

@scoli83: Bills, no; traffic tickets, usually.

20. jesse0 says:

Before you send an EECB, I suggest you first obtain a basic understanding of the concept of the paragraph.

21. sleepydumbdude says:

I bitch at my girlfriend all the time (well like twice) when she pays bills she shouldn’t because they say if she doesn’t pay it immediately then she will be reported. She did it for some collections for a movie rented from a store 6 states away that we never went to just recently.

22. Alger says:

I don’t understand. Your job requires that you bend over and take it any time some company tries to rip you off and threatens to report you?

And why on earth would you let this ride for a year, without even sending them a letter?

23. capstinence says:

@midwestkel: I agree. I would have called every single day until it was resolved. You can complain about the time involved in such a venture, but apparently that time was worth nearly $1000 to the OP.

Ignoring the problem does not make it magically go away.

24. Darkwish says:

@thejoker2099: No kidding. I want to know what job it is or at least which company they work for so I can avoid ever applying there.

I also wouldn’t have put up with that BS from Sprint for so long. I would have gone to a Sprint store and made the employees call and fix it if I couldn’t get through either email or phones.

And if I got fired for the credit ding, I would have sued the company for wrongful termination as well as Sprint for commiting fraud.

25. How nice that your job holds you hostage by your credit report. This is cropping up more and more.

How long until most of America can’t get a job because they’ve had a “black mark” on their credit?

26. trujunglist says:

Well, Sprint fucking blows, but I am surprised that after losing many dollars over a period of over a year she didn’t take more action than calling a couple of times and then folding and paying a bill she doesn’t owe.
    Personally, if I were in her situation where my job was some sort of maniacal tyrant (I assume she’s working in some sort of high risk financial environment.. one time I was going to get a job working for B of A as a tax verifying agent that the government outsourced to them, and it required extensive background check, credit history, etc so maybe it’s something like that), I’d just let them all take me out before I submitted to any BS. Then again, I’m also the type of person that would kill myself just to prove a very important point of some gruesome and sadistic sort.

27. uberbucket says:

@scoli83:
    I’m by no means a layer, I was speaking from personal experience.

The tickets and fines I’ve mistakenly received from state and county government and subsequently paid were what I was referring to. At least in these examples, paying the fines was and admission of guilt, even when it was later determined to be an error on the part of the government, I was unable to recoup the fines.

It’s hopefully much different when dealing with a business.

28. Tank says:

That Consumerist Hotline worked for me not long ago – got me out of an ETF that I shouldn’t have had to pay anyway, but I couldn’t get the CSR’s to budge.

29. MyPetFly says:

>>thejoker2099

>>uhm….what kind of company monitors your personal credit report, and would fire you if you’re in some type of dispute???

The government or another employer, if your job requires a security clearance. It may also apply to people that have to be bonded for their jobs.

30. Burn3r says:

Well I fell in the same trap almost. I took a trip to Australia to get married and a vacation for 3 months, so I called sprint and told them to put me on vacation status for 3 months so they dont charge me regular rate. I left to Australia on December 2006 and supposed to be back end of February. My contract was supposed to end in March. When I came back I found that they have charged me for the phone for three months (monthly plan was 150 because it was for business) and the total was 490ish with the tax. The most amazing thing is even though my phone records show that I never used the phone, somehow I was charged 20$ a month extra for messages, with 10$ per message for 2 messages. Needless to say, I called them up, no luck for 2-3 weeks, I refused to pay them those charges so they end up renewing my contract and then the next few days they send me another bill for breaching my contract. So I end up owing them almost double the amount with late fees. The funny part is every time they send me a bill showing that I do not use the phone because it was disconnected, they charge me 20-40$ for messages with 10$ per message.

I really hate sprint, it ended up ruining my credit and till now, I couldn’t do anything about it.

31. slowinthefastlane says:

I switched away from Sprint because of the constant barrage of text messages, e-mail and phone calls (some at 6 AM!) asking me if I wanted to renew my contract.

In hindsight, it probably would have been better for her to sign a new contract with Verizon and move her old number over. For me, that seemed to be the most painless way to switch from Sprint, since it required no interaction with their CSRs.

32. humphrmi says:

@MyPetFly: When I got laid off from a job about 10 years ago, a friend of mine who had connections wanted to get me a job at one of the credit reporting agencies. It would have been an IT job. They were up front in telling me that I needed excellent credit just to get hired, and had to maintain excellent credit too or I could be terminated. Since I live in an at-will state, it’s not illegal to fire me for nothing at all, which is all they’d have to do.

33. Buran says:

@uberbucket: How can you be guilty of something that was erroneous in the first place?

34. jfischer says:

This is an easy one!

All you need provide Sprint or a court
    of law is proof of your moving date
    to your new residence outside of
    their coverage area.

This would be “the preponderance of
    the evidence”, given that Sprint has
    gone on record as saying that they have no records, and any judge anywhere is going to look at your move, and whatever coverage map Sprint publishes, and agree that the only rational move anyone would take under those circumstances would be to cancel the service. At that point, the tariff takes over as filed with the PUC, which includes the rule on ending a relationship when the customer moves out of the service area.

Slam dunk, and Sprint should realize this, and fold their hand if you make them aware of the well-documented nature of any cross-country move.

35. morganlh85 says:

I want to know what job she has that can fire her for having bad credit?

36. Snaptastic says:

Sprint did a similar thing to me. I had a Sprint account several years ago, but never renewed my contract. One day, I looked at the bill and saw that a discount I had received for years has vanished. I called and they explained I renewed my contract and lost the discount. I had to chew on them to explain to me why I would renew my contract when I would get nothing in return and LOSE the discount I had. Eventually, they looked at the “call” where I hypothetically agreed. Turns out the call was less than a minute and they admitted I couldn’t have verified my Id or anything in that time, so they cancelled the contract.

The next day, I went to AT&T to get a new plan/phone because darned if I’m going to stay with a company that pulls stunts like this.

A month later, I get a “contract breach” bill where they are fining me for backing out of the contract I had to fuss them out of the month prior. It took about half an hour of fussing, but they fixed it. Bastard tried his best to keep me from talking to a manager despite demanding to do so.

I hate Sprint with every fiber of my being now. I still remember when I walked into the AT&T store and a rep asked me what they could help me with. I held up my Sprint phone and said, “these fuckers at Sprint have finally managed to piss me off and I WILL NOT be affiliated with them after today!” Everyone in the store froze and stared at me, while one rp in the back shouted, “You have no idea how many times people come in and say something similar to that about Sprint.”

Compared to AT&T, I have yet to figure out how Sprint stays in business…aside from the sheer cash it makes in trying to rip off its customers.

37. dragonfire81 says:

I’m a former Sprint rep and I con confirm contracts are frequently extended without their consent.

It’s actually pretty easy to get a way with if you know Sprint’s system, if you check the “CSR condessions” post that was on here awhile back, you can see how it can be done.

A rep can not tell you a contract is being extended, extend it anyway and note in your account that you agreed to said extension and that’s enough proof for a Sprint Supervisor to keep you stuck in a contract you never wanted.

If you dispute the contract, you’ll get some variation on “I apologize for that ma’am but the notes indicate you did agree to extend your contract and you should have received a confirmation letter informing you of the new contract.”

Of course Sprint doesn’t give a crap if it may have gotten lost in the mail or sent out to the wrong address. You don’t have to actually read it, but as long as the system notes the letter was sent out, you have now been “fully educated” on your new contract.

I once went against policy (which requires we follow notes) and accept a woman’s claim that she had not agreed to an extension she had been given and reset her prior contract date, but most Sprint reps will not be that generous or understanding.

There are incentives for extending your contract: Monthly discounts, account credits, half price add-ons, etc. Each of these can earn a commission for the rep who secures the extension. This provides a terrific opportunity for reps to commit fraud and get commissions.

Sprint policy is that you can get fired for such actions, but that means you have to get caught, the vast majority of calls are not recorded and hence many agents get away with this type of behaviour.

Consider how often Sprint is mentioned in posts on this site, that should tell you a lot about how they feel about their customers.

38. Pro-Pain says:

I deal with Sprint all the time. I assure you. She should have been able to get this fixed within a year. Obviously the time was more valuable. So here I blame the victim. Sorry…and as far as the job thing and the monitoring the credit, that’s insane. I get my credit checked monthly by companies I’ve never heard of and had dings on my credit from all over the place I had to dispute. The credit system is a fucking mess. It’s getting worse too.

39. evslin says:

@morganlh85: I applied for a helpdesk job at ING a long time ago and the HR person wanted to run a credit report on me as part of the interview process. Something about them not wanting to hire a person who’s likely to be tempted to commit fraud to get out from under a mountain of debt, or something.

I told em no and moved on, because I didn’t think it was any of their business.

40. LUV2CattleCall says:

Well…unless you drive a Fiat, a Peugeot, or a Lambo, there’s always the possibility that someone else renewed for you lol

@CaliforniaCajun:

FWIW, at the airline I work for, we’re very strict about our pilots having decent credit…however, for otherwise well-qualified applicants, we do give them a fair chance to explain any deficiencies – this is a perfect example of why trusting your employees is fucking important.

41. midwestkel says:

@Burn3r: Sounds like they didnt put you on vaction leave, which is actually a plan and you would’ve had to restart your contract. Those $10 charges were probably $9.99 or $9.95 and they are premium messages, a monthly subscription (like jamster or any other place that you can get “FREE” ringtones), Thats why you still got charged.

***TIP FOR EVERYONE: Dont ever give your cell phone number out to anything online that gives you “FREE” stuff or text anything to anything for free stuff, once you do that then you are subscribing to a monthly subscription plan of some sort.

Sprint is able to tell if you subscribed to it or not through the Premium Message Gateway that Verisign runs that has all the company information for those 6 digit companies you see on TV that want you to text to.

42. Cliff_Donner says:

Sorry to jerk you all back to the very first response from CMU_Bueller, who reminds us: “So they’re trying to hold you to a contract that they have no record of you agreeing to . . . “.

Companies have all kinds of slimy ways to trick lazy consumers out of their money — fine print, auto-renewal subscriptions, termination fees — and maybe you can blame the consumer if they fell for one of these tricks — here, the initial respondent asked Sprint, How did you trick me?, and the response was, We can’t remember, just PAY us.

Holy cow, if you’re going to defraud consumers, at least do your basic homework and cover your tracks . . . .

43. ConsumerAdvocacy1010 says:

@BensAngel:
    Paying a bill doesn’t mean you agree that the debt is valid. You may be paying the debt/bill to avoid other complications while you work the issue(s) out.

A ding on your credit report is not worth it, even if you are innocent. I’d pay the amount, and get several fold back.

I did it to a cell phone company a while back: Charged me for a warranty monthly warranty several months out of my contract. I did NOT authorize it at all. $6. Disputed it. Got confirmation of the charge’s removal. Asked for the new current balance…and paid the bill minus the warranty fee.

Next month’s bill: A fee for not paying in full and ANOTHER warranty charge. Didn’t bother contacting the company, simply complained to the Division of Consumer Affairs (I live in the county seat, so the office is literally two miles from my home).

End result: Credit of $12 (two months of warranty), plus another $120 credit, and a free month of service.

Always fight for your rights.

44. Bruce says:

@thejoker2099:
    If the person is in the military and they hold a security clearance, having a bad credit rating is legitimate grounds for losing the clearance because it is considered to be a security risk.

The military assumes that the person is in debt and to get out of debt, they may sell classified documents and compromise national security to get out of debt.

If that person’s primary job depends on them holding a clearance and they lose it, now, their chances of being advanced is null and void because they are now in charge of the barracks or the coffee mess.

For some people, a clean credit rating is *very* important to them.

45. h0rnd0g says:

even if you win at small claims, it usually falls on YOU to actually collect from the loser. good luck with that.

46. Cool story bro says:

While I CAN sympathise with the UNFORTUNATE situation of the AUTHOR of this complaint, the CONSTANT capitalisation of random words is SERIOUSLY irritating.

If she speaks like that in real life I’m not surprised she gets put on permanent hold.

47. mike says:

It looks like you should always follow-up a call to CSR the same day or next day to verify the information was recorded in your account.

I would like to record every conversation I have but right now, the methods are too cumbersome.

48. EricaKane says:

Sprint may suck, but this consumer’s actions were stupid. You can’t call these companies and say you want to cancel 3 months in the future. Wait for your contract to end, at that point, you are out of contract. Then cancel. So you have to pay maybe a few pro-rated days. Makes no sense.

49. ThunderRoad says:

If the bills are not accurate, then that is mail fraud.

Plus, with all the print kiosks every 28 feet, just have a summons delivered there :)

50. scoli83 says:

@h0rnd0g: Get a writ of execution, then have the sheriff levy on the judgment debtor’s property.

51. Devidence says:

Yeah, wow. This is not a good story. They told the CSR to cancel them in 3 months, and then they kept paying the bill long after they wanted to cancel.

Stupid, sorry.

52. weakdome says:

Agreed… I call bullshit, or at least, shame on you. Seriously? A few disconnects so you just give up and pay the bill and then decide to complain a year later? Bad consumer.

53. puffyshirt says:

Why does everyone always blame others for their own issues? Sprint is a great company, with a strict moral code. The OP is the person in the wrong here.

54. GrandizerGo says:

@EricaKane: That is not true at all, I have done that with Sprint 3 times.
    Else they try to continue / renew your contract at the end of the period.

In fact My fathers old phone I just called on Monday to tell them NOT to renew it in June.
    And had them read it back to me in the notes.
    I also asked for and got the persons name and extension.
    Sometime in the next month, I will call and verify. If found incorrect I will contact the Supervisor and complain and get free months of service.

55. GrandizerGo says:

I do blame the consumer.
    If you had NO PROBLEM paying for it though you were not using it, don’t blame them.

What job that checks credit history does NOT have a way to file a letter stating the facts in this case so that if anything does show up, you are covered. In fact you could then use this as proof to screw Sprint over and get MORE than you deserve back.

56. samspot says:

I had a very similar problem with Vonage. They wouldn’t let me cancel. CSR’s lied to me, Hung up on me, etc. When I finally really got to talk to someone they said I couldn’t cancel till the day after the end of my 1yr contract. However that means I have to pay for an extra month after its over and its their ‘policy’ not to do prorations. Worst of all is they only accept payment by automatic electronic draft so you can’t just stop paying them.

57. wayhigh says:

Collecting on a judgement is easier than you might think.

Normally you’ll want to domesticate it to whereever their business is located. Then you move the court to allow you to execute on the bank accounts of the company.

Personally, the next time I have to go as far as getting a judgment, I’m going to ask the court to let me take posession of the furniture in the CEO’s office.

58. thatgirlinnewyork says:

@thejoker2099: lots of companies are monitoring their employees’ credit these days (an ex-employer of mine did, which I never consented to, and only found out about after the fact). More and more companies are asking applicants to submit to credit checks these days, making it a condition of employment and a way of “knowing” who they’re hiring. A recruiting company exec I spoke with once said, “It’s only a ‘soft hit’ on your credit report”. Does anyone know if this is legal?

59. thatgirlinnewyork says:

@Dabby: hmmm–same for the many people who write “should of”, instead of “should have”…too much blogging/commenting makes one’s grammar soften?

60. adamondi says:

Ah, yes. Just more reinforcement of why I jumped the Sprint Ship as soon as my contract expired. Cruddy service, substandard phones, non-existent customer service…. And they can’t figure out why they are hemorrhaging customers at an alarming rate.

61. jimconsumer says:

Does anyone else have any advice for Kristin? – Yeah. Stop being a slave to Equifax. Seriously, this is ridiculous. Why didn’t you tell Sprint to fuck off, then explain to whatever organization you work with that you don’t owe the money, you never owed the money, and that they need to ignore whatever Sprint says about your credit report? And if that organization refuses, seriously, find some place else to work.

I’ve said it time and time again in these forums, refuse to be slaves to the credit agencies, people. If you pay cash for everything – and you really should, you know – you don’t need a credit report. I mean, you just paid a thousand dollar extortion fee because you’re too caught up with the credit reporting agency. Free yourself, stop using credit and stop dealing with people who worship at the grail of the holy FICO and you can forget all of this credit score nonsense.

If some company tried to screw me over, they’d never get a dime out of me. Print whatever you want on my credit report, I don’t give a shit, it doesn’t affect me because I don’t borrow money. If some company won’t take my cash because they don’t like what’s on (or rather, isn’t on) my credit report, I’ll find someone else who will. If my insurance company raises my rates over my credit score, I’ll cancel my policies and switch to an insurer who has a brain and realizes that paying cash for everything does not make me more of a risk, but rather, just the opposite.

All this from someone who always pays his bills and has never been late on anything, ever. I am not and never have been a deadbeat and I always pay what I legitimately owe. I just refuse to play these stupid games and you should, too.

62. prescott says:

Why is Sprint called “the big, yellow mess”? Customers and employees are treated badly. They need to fire bad employees from top to bottom.

63. prescott says:

Why is Sprint called “the big, yellow mess”? Bad customer service. They need to fire bad employees from top to bottom.

64. MightyCow says:

Sprint is horrible – Someone took out a cell in my name, which I called Sprint and cleared up. They told me that I wasn’t responsible, and that it wouldn’t hurt my credit.

Six months later, I hear from a collection agency – Sprint sold “my debt” to the collection company, and washed their hands of it.

Fortunately, my state Attorney General cleared that up real quick, but as far as I’m concerned, Sprint is one of the worst companies out there. I wouldn’t use a Sprint Phone if my worst enemy was paying for it.

65. i blame the victim.

know your rights and read the fine print. you’re an uninformed douche and deserve everything that came to you. how do you give up calling after getting disconnected a few times when you know your credit is important to you? also, you need to get different customer service numbers.

i have been a Sprint customer for 5 years and i have not have any horror stories with them. sure, i’ve been hung up on…but I don’t go blaming Sprint for their CSR’s actions. Other CSR’s are more than helpful and go above and beyond to make me and other customers happy.

66. Dyscord says:

I can answer the “we have no records” issue. Sprint is constantly converting their accounts to their new systems. They have some “legacy” accounts over, but most accounts from that time period are in another system that only a few people have access to.

67. sprinter1 says:

Kristen,

I work for Sprint (please don’t attack me) I would like to see what I can do to help you. Sprint is trying very hard to turn things around. The way we do this starts with our customers.

I would like to talk with you more about this and help you get this resolved. And I CAN do this for you if you will give me the chance.

My personal email address is ustacenwash@hotmail.com Let’s see what we can get done for you!

~Sprinter1

68. SatyarupaMurena says:

Comment on Sprint Forces You To Pay $988.00 For A Phone You Never Used Kristen,

You should contact your Public Utilities Commission in your state. They’re
    the ones that allow Sprint and other utility companies to operate in your
    state. I had a problem with Sprint a few years ago. The problem I had was
    that I was being billed for calls that were supposed to be free because they
    were made during the free nights and weekends time block. I called my
    state’s Public Utilities Commission and filed my complaint over the phone.
    Later that same day, I received a phone call from Sprint informing me that
    they received a call from the Public Utilities Commission. Sprint also told
    me that there was no need to get the Public Utilities Commission involved
    and all I had to do was call their customer service number to have my bill
    corrected. Yeah right, everyone knows Sprint’s customer service is a joke.
    Sprint was a bit pissed that I filed a report with the Public Utilities
    Commission. Sprint corrected my bill and gave me a couple months of free
    service. You should find the contact information for your state’s Public
    Utilities Commission (PUC) on the back of the first page of your Sprint
    bill.

69. vancedecker says:

@laserjobs: Nice thought, but in order to file a lawsuit against a corporation, small claims or otherwise, you have to find out who their ‘registered agent’ is in your state and serve them… I mean don’t let that stop you, Sprint Sucks, just don’t waste your time by getting your lawsuit sent back to be served properly…