Free Printer Ink Refill At Walgreens Today

Walgreens is offering their customers a free printer ink refill today only at participating stores. Refills are available for the following printer brands: Dell • HP • Lexmark • Okidata • Primera • Sharp • Xerox

Get them while they’re hot.

Free Ink Refill Coupon
[Walgreens via Wise Bread]

Comments

1. se7a7n7 says:

I tried this earlier today but my printers cartridges suck ass. The large black HP 54 cartridge is not compatible with their system so I went back with the color HP 22, they refilled it and it failed their print test. Now that cartridge is junk…

These F-ing things have some kind of anti-refill tech that makes them not work it you try to refill them.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

2. jswilson64 says:

I tried this last year, when Walgreens had a freebie. My Lexmark X7100-series cartridges immediately clogged when I tried them after the refill. A guy at another cartridge-refil business said Walgreens uses generic ink that’s too thick for my cartridges. But then, when he refilled my cartridges, they clogged up after about half as many pages as a new cartridge.

Caveat emptor. You get what you pay for.

3. Skankingmike says:

DON’T DO IT!

just buy a laser printer it’ll save you money in the end. INK is crap.

4. robdew2 says:

I’ve tried to refill two different types of carts at walgreens. Neither my HP nor Dell carts were supported by their system.

5. BugMeNot2 says:

Was this freebie meant to promote this service? The comments so far confirmed my suspicion that it would suck ass. Besides, I noticed the tiny print during their TV spot: no Canon. Oh, well. :(

6. miguelggarcia says:

Awesome!! If you live in Hawaii… This offer is valid only there, check the website.

7. miguelggarcia says:

This offer is valid only in Hawaii, for the residents of the other 49 states, there’s nothing to see here… Hehehe.

8. BurstAneurysm says:

Today only for the other 49 states… Hawaii only on the 7th. It’s not rocket science, guys.

9. Zagroseckt says:

i tried getting my lexmark 23 cartridge refilled today they sed they couldn’t do 23 but could 24 (the color) i’m not out of that i’m out of black.

The cartridge i brought them was designed to be refilled by lexarks exchange program.

so whats up with that. :/

10. Zagroseckt says:

PS the coupon was in our sunday circular (the free paper from the times pikeune (sorry cant spell that :p)

11. Zagroseckt says:

LexMark :p

12. Blinker says:

Or you @se7a7n7:

Well you could always try not being a cheap ass and buy genuine cartridges that dont leak inside your printer and void your warranty on the printer. Also by refilling your cartridges you get crappy prints because new cartridges these days come with new print heads instead of like the old days where you could just replace or clean the heads. You cant clean the heads these days so each time you refill the old cartridges with the old heads you get crappier and crappier prints just to save a few bucks that you could make if you just stayed an extra 15 minutes at work

13. Zagroseckt says:

Blinker in my case the cartridge from lexmark is part of there own refill plan that you mail back to them. theres no reason it couldn’t be refilled.

14. Jeff asks: "WTF could you possibly have been thinking? says:

Jeez, I can do my color cartridge today, and fly to Hawaii next week and fill my black.

Yay, free ink!

15. Jeff asks: "WTF could you possibly have been thinking? says:

@miguelggarcia:
    What the **** are you talking about? Maybe you should go back to the website.

16. Blinker says:

@Zagroseckt:

In that case Im sure Lexmark reconditions the whole cartridge and not just stick a syringe of ink in your cartridge.

17. Zagroseckt says:

Blinker … nope they just refill it and run a print test

only time they replace the heads (like a sticker) is when they dont pass the print test

18. TankYou says:

@se7a7n7:
    There is no kill technology on these ink cartridges. WalGreens refill machine can’t test a HP 54 because they are still so new, so they won’t refill something they can’t test. The reason the 22 didn’t work is because they are filling the ink cartridges with syringes instead of filling them in a vacuum chamber (like HP), and the employees aren’t trained on how to fill cartridges, they just watch slides and follow the steps.

@Zagroseckt:
    There is kill technology placed on these cartridges by Lexmark. You cannot refill Lexmark 23, 24, 28, or 29. They are all part of the return program cartridges. It is actually illegal for refill companies to refill return program cartridges. Basically Lexmark will sell you a ‘cheaper’ cartridge for your printer, but when you buy the cheaper cartridge you promise to return it to Lexmark instead of refilling it (check the fine print). Also, I have tried refilling these cartridges before I realized they were return program and Lexmark has the cartridges programmed to stop working when the ink level reaches zero (which means even if you did put ink in them, they wouldn’t work anyway). Now if you go to Lexmarks website you can buy 23A, 24A, 28A, OR 29A and these cartridges cost more and can be refilled, but WalGreens still won’t know what to do with them.

And just so you know Lexmark printers (and Dell printers which are made by Lexmark) are the worst printers you can buy for your money. They have the most expensive ink around AND they do anything and everything they can to make sure you buy their ink instead of being able to refill.

19. chese79 says:

I was turned away at three different Walgreens. They just wouldn’t honor the coupon.

20. lesbiansayswhat says:

The Walgreens website let you find the nearest participating store and when specifically to go in..dunno where all the confusion cam from. I’ve never had a cartridge refill as I try to not print stuff out and don’t need to. But my mother just had two empty HP cartridges laying around so we took them in (they didn’t last long in case anyone was thinking of getting an HP printer). Didn’t even need the coupon, they had a pile to do and we were told to come back Friday morning for it. We also have new cartridges in the meantime so we had nothing to lose. Will let you know if the refills actually work.

21. polyeaster says:

I so emailed this to consumerist several days ago…

22. britne says:

Dropped mine off… said it would take 3 days. Having worked at WAG before, I asked what the hold-up was, since these things take 10-15 min, tops, to fill. Guy holds up a huge basket of unfinished refills – says they’re backed up.
    Understandable.
    But then, why was no one working at the ink refill station the entire time we were there…? Seems if there’s that much of a backlog, you’d, you know, want someone working on it… *sigh*
    At least I’ll have free ink in 3 days.