This list of Amazon coupon codes for April makes me want to puke, irregardless of the fact that the only thing I ate all day was a small money salad. Only scumbags avoid paying full price. [ProBargainHunters]

Comments

1. glass says:

“irregardless”… hehe. classic.

2. BalknChain says:

Is irregardless the (non)word of the day?

3. TPK says:

good grief, enough with the irregardless already! That’s like 5 times today, just that I’ve seen!

4. missdona says:

@BalknChain: Irregardless is the non-word of amusement today.

5. Moosehawk says:

Every time I see that word I chuckle just a little bit.

6. aka_bigred says:

Yes, yes, we get it…. it’s April Fools day, but there’s a point of playing jokes and then there’s putting annoying crap out to be read just because you can. I’m reposting this because I see/hear too many people use the “word” in all seriousness. Irregardless is not & should not be an intelligent word. Let’s break it down

Root: regard
    Definition: to have or show respect or concern for.

Prefix: Ir
    Definition: prefix meaning “not” or “the opposite of”

Suffix: less
    Definition: Without, lacking.

Put it all together and Irregardless becomes a double-negative and therefore means with regard!!!

7. BalknChain says:

@missdona: good times. Sounds like a Bushism. Well, thta may be too real to be a Bushism. I may have misunderestimated.

8. missdona says:

@aka_bigred: Even those people who accept it as a word know it’s nonstandard, meaning it’s in the same group as “ain’t.” Don’t be so concerned, we’re having some fun today.

@BalknChain: It is a little Bush-tastic, ain’t it?

Man, I’m crackin’ myself up today.

9. Sarah Bellum says:

Each of us got sucked in here by that hideous word!

10. paulinsf says:

Irregardless, now that we are here, what are we going to do?

11. D.B. Cooper-Nichol says:

Goddang is it April 2 yet?

12. BalknChain says:

@missdona: Yep, no need to go all nucular over the silly use of irregardless. Misdona, you’re doin’ a heckuva job.

13. missdona says:

@BalknChain: Hee. Nucular-Heckuva-job-missdona.

Irregardless, I know it’s tired to a lot (alot) of us, but it just doesn’t get old to me.

14. BalknChain says:

@missdona: In Amerca, commenters should be free to love the word iregardless. With all this April Foolishnes going on here is a choice Bushism: I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee – that says, fool me once – shame on – shame on you. You fool me, you can’t get fooled again.

15. dasunst3r says:

None of the coupons are suitable for me. Does that mean I have to pay full price and be a scumbag? :(

16. chocxtc says:

Irregardless, only scumbag merchants gouge customers that prompt many to search for discounts

17. fuzzymuffins says:

Newman’s Own, Disney?

are they promoting a new paul newman attraction?

18. AlrightOkay123 says:

From the Oxford Dictionary of American Usage and Style:
    “irregardless, a semiliterate portmanteau word from irrespective and regarldess, should have been stamped out long ago. But it’s common enough in speech that it has found its way into all manner of print sources…. Although this widely scorned nonword seems unlikely to spread much more than it already has, careful users of language must continually swat it when they encounter it.”

19. synergy says: