Irregardless of where the market is going, these tips for selling your gold jewelry, coins, and fillings will come in handy after I visit my grandma tonight. [Bankrate]

Comments

1. RAREBREED says:

Wow, all kinds of April Fool’s Day fun today, huh?

2. @RAREBREED: The joke is “irregardless”

3. petrarch1608 says:

what’s the difference between the words irregardless and regardless?

4. missdona says:

@Matthew Hughes: The password is…
    Irregardless

5. jbtampa says:

The key word in the listing is “nonstandard”, as in ebonics, hillbilly talk, or other dialect frequently using their own words in common, every day, speech, regardless of standard, correct, English.

6. jbtampa says:

My own anguish is “orientated”. Not a word, people! It is “oriented” Agh, that feels better……

7. nequam says:

@jbtampa: How can something that you typed (and we all can read) not be a word?

But I know what you mean, it’s not a word in standard usage. My favorite word that sounds nonstandard? Speechify. (Which I think is what I just did, sorry)

8. Rectilinear Propagation says:

I feel enbiggened by this grammar lesson.

9. forgottenpassword says:

All the beach metal detecting guys I know (online) swear by midwest refineries (located in Michigan)as the best place to send your gold off for cash conversion. They pay 94% of its value with no BS handling fees etc. etc.. …. which I understand to be an above average price compared to other places. Note: I understand that they are pretty busy at the moment with the rise in the price of gold & everyone sending their gold in so their usual 3-5 days turnaround time will probably be a little longer (probably two weeks at the most).

I plan on sending my scrap gold in as soon as gold goes up a bit more (hopefully it will).

10. Sherryness says:

Obviously The Consumerist takes April Fool’s Day “very serioulsy.”

11. Sherryness says:

@petrarch1608: “I learned the difference between flammable and inflammable the hard way.” – Woody Boyd on Cheers

12. Mr. Gunn says:

forgottenpassword: All hail the next bubble, commodities! Roulette wheel is spinning, please place your bets.

/on green