With consumers pounded by dissapearing jobs, and rising gas and food prices, food stamp use is projected to reach record levels in 2008 and 2009. [NYT]
More From Consumerist
- Cheap Gas Prices Could Mean Travel Headaches This Labor Day Weekend
- The FCC Is Considering A Big Change To Lifeline — But What Is It, And How Does It Work?
- Poll: 9-In-10 Americans Support GMO Labeling
- You Can Buy Gas For Under $2 Per Gallon In At Least 12 States Right Now
- Lawsuit Alleges Chipotle Misleads Customers About Use Of GMOs