With consumers pounded by dissapearing jobs, and rising gas and food prices, food stamp use is projected to reach record levels in 2008 and 2009. [NYT]
More From Consumerist
- The FCC Is Considering A Big Change To Lifeline — But What Is It, And How Does It Work?
- Former Peanut Butter Moguls Found Guilty Of Knowingly Shipping Contaminated Food
- Why Are Gas Prices Falling, But Trash Collection Fuel Surcharges Staying The Same?
- Big Data Is Here To Stay. So Can We Use It To Make Recalls Actually Work?
- FDA Says Artificial Trans-Fat No Longer Approved For Use In Food