What does it take to get hungry, naive, and cash-strapped college students to sign up for crappy credit cards at on-campus booths? Not much. Based on a survey of over 1500 college students, here is the list of the most common and their percentage as documented by the Public Interest Research Group in a new campaign available on their microsite, truthaboutcredit.org. Nothing like a tshirt with a 23% APR.
Trinkets Entice College Students To Sign Up For Crappy Credit Cards
By consumerist.com March 28, 2008
More From Consumerist
- 5 Signs That You Shouldn’t Be Using Credit Cards
- Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?
- CFPB: College Credit Card Agreements On Decline; Debit, Prepaid Card Agreements Increase
- Student IDs That Double As Debit Cards Carry Significant Overdraft Fees
- Store-Branded Credit Cards Charge Upwards Of 29% Interest