How To Get Chase To Stop Sending You Direct Mail Offers Over And Over And Over

Anyone who’s a customer of Chase knows how hardcore they can be about direct mail advertising. Martin writes:

Over the last 12-24 months, I’ve been annoyed with about 3-4 mailings a week from Chase for various add-on services and useless products. Already a customer of theirs, I did not appreciate this onslaught of advertising. Here’s a quick opt-out website in which you can cancel all direct marketing letters from Chase… dnmoptions.chase.com.

Comments

1. first2letters says:

Is there also a website that lets you opt out of the bogus new lines of credit that Chase seems equally fond of opening for its customers?

2. deedub113 says:

Thanks so much for this! I am a current Chase customer and I have been bombarded with useless Chase mailings forever. This almost seems to good to be true.

3. Nate425 says:

Thank you for this. I’m getting tired of mailing back food wrappers in their pre-paid envelopes.

4. DeepFriar says:

If you could send one for Citi, that would make my day.

5. Squeezer99 says:

you can also opt out at [chaseonline.chase.com]

6. picshereplz says:

Thank God. Thanks for the tip!

7. ConsumerAdvocacy1010 says:

Recently American Express (Skymiles) has been bugging the family. At least once a week I get a light blue envelope with ‘fake’ boarding passes. I’ve called and even sent the return envelope with a polite letter inside asking to be removed….that was months ago…

Anyway…I found a number for AMEX marketing options…

Call (800) 297-8378 to opt-in or opt-out of American Express marketing offers.

8. ConsumerAdvocacy1010 says:

Oh, here’s one for GM flexible earnings card….they also send me at least two letters a month.

[www.gmcontactpreferences.com]

9. bonzombiekitty says:

Will this work for non-chase customers? I get Chase offers in the mail a couple times a week.

10. AcidReign says:

Great post. I’ve gotten off a lot of the banks’ lists, but since I have a Chase Visa, not off theirs. My shredder will appreciate the lessened volume!

11. pattymc says:

Every year I receive an opt out letter and form from Chase.

Fill it out and send it in. You might have to give then a couple of ‘reminder’ calls but if you are tenacious you CAN stop the flood of unwanted offers.

Also call the No Credit Card Offers 800 number and opt out of these as well.

After you’ve done this, keep a log of when you called each company.

I did this about 7 years ago when I retired and had the time as it takes some persistence at first. I would think they banking industry would be a bit more responsive now than back then.

Anyway, persistence pays off. I get no banking related junk mail.

12. munch44 says:

i sent all the offers back to them for 2 months ,this way
    they paid for the shipping and their employees had to waste their time opening them .it took 74 letter but the finely stop ,this way if you have their card they will stop

13. TPK says:

Anybody know a similar method for Cox Communications? Since Verizon installed fiber in the area, they have been junk-mailing me at least once a week (often two per day!) for many months to take their competing bundle. I asked them to stop in person, AND filled out a web request… got another one in the mail yesterday. Very irritating!

14. ConsumerAdvocacy1010 says:

@TPK:
    Remember, they have 31 days to comply.

Patience, young grasshopper…

If you have a log of telling them to stop (mail, phone record…), threaten legal action.

15. ConsumerAdvocacy1010 says:

@ConsumerAdvocacy1010:

Doh! TPK’s post again….”months”….just be persistent.

16. tdogg241 says:

I was getting a ton of Chase stuff too, until I started sending the blank applications (and anything else that was in the envelope) back to them in their pre-paid envelope. That stopped them almost immediately.
    Of course, I wrote VOID on the app in nice, big Sharpie just to be safe. For extra fun, I also wrote “STOP WASTING TREES.”

17. jeff303 says:

@tdogg241: I won’t bother to point out the additional trees/creatures you indirectly killed by actually mailing the application back ;)

18. tinder says:

Bank of America opt-out is here.

19. spamtasticus says:

Great!!!

Mailing Options

Error

System Unavailable

We’re unable to process your mailing options. Please try again later.

Click “Chase.com” to return to the Chase homepage.

Security | Terms of Use

© 2007 JPMorgan Chase & Co.

20. Chols says:

I tear the mailings up, put them in the postage paid envelope, and mail it back to make sure they pay for the postage.

21. itsallme says:

Good until they reset you [consumerist.com]

22. somefatchick says:

Fantastic! My husband and I get duplicate offers from Chase all the time, and were just wondering how to get them to stop. My favorite? The almost-weekly “Refinance your mortgage with Chase!” letters…our mortgage is already WITH Chase! (Not by choice, of course, but because it got sold.)