If you lose your charger or are in a situation where you’re away from an outlet, you might want to use some of these tricks to reduce your battery drain:
1. Turn the phone off if you’re not expecting calls, particularly if it’s in roaming mode. Searching for a signal uses up more juice.
2. Don’t use vibrate mode, it uses more electricity than a ringtone
3. Adjust the settings so the backlight is on for as short a time as possible
4. Turn off Bluetooth, WiFI or GPS reception if not needed
5. Store the phone at room temperature
Could come in handy during a hiking trip or a long car ride, or, one of those never-ending meetings.