Consumerist Forums Roundup

Comments

1. ClayS says:

2. Beerad says:

I think it’s obvious why someone would wear a hood in a retail store…because it’s the popular dress style among that person’s demographic and geography.

3. freshyill says:

Intelliflix? Seriously?

4. Crymson_77 says:

@ClayS: That would be considered a rude remark…

@Beerad: Exactly

5. Crymson_77 says:

@freshyill: Yeah, they suck like a two dollar whore…

6. CharlieSeattle says:

Don’t businesses have to post policy’s?

7. ClayS says:

@Beerad:
    Wearing a hood indoors is a matter of style? I don’t think I’ve ever that; hats, yes.

8. statnut says:

Does any store in the mall sell hoodies? Cause if so, that seems counter-intuitive.

9. mgy says:

@ClayS: I’m actually doing it right now. Then again, I don’t have the heat on.

I hardly wear hoodies in public but they’re everywhere on college campuses.

10. KJones says:

@ClayS: I think it’s obvious why someone would wear a hood in a retail store…to avoid being identified on surveillance cameras.

And what’s wrong with that, charlie?

In case you’re uninformed, a covered face isn’t a problem, only criminal acts are. If the wearer isn’t doing anything illegal, then the guard was harassing him.

Or do you look forward to living in a police state where people are guilty until proven innocent?

11. ClayS says:

@mgy:
    I understand; my daughter wear hoodies constantly. I’ve never seen her with the hood over her head indoors.

12. LiuHaoZhong says:

With regards to dealing with figures of authority, the best move is to always as for a supervisor. “i said so” is never a viable reason to ask someone to do anything, in almost all situations. anyway, just some free, un-asked for advice. Enjoy.

13. Beerad says:

@ClayS: Come visit New York. Take a walking tour of my ‘hood in Brooklyn. Ride the subways. You will see many, many people with hoods up at all times. You will even see some people wearing a hood over a worn baseball cap. Trust me, it happens.

14. ClayS says:

@Beerad:
    I’ll take your word for it. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, but that was several fashions ago, so I missed it. Around here, in suburban New Jersey, its hoodies with the hoods down. Haircuts are too expensive to not let them show.

15. Rectilinear Propagation says:

Yeah, leaving hoods up isn’t unusual especially if it’s cold indoors.

16. doughnutman says:

A store is private property and the owner has invited people on it to shop. The courts have generally held that owner still can control who goes on their land. So yeah, it is probably legal for them to ask you to remove your hoodie.

17. Rectilinear Propagation says:

@doughnutman: It’s a mall and the question is can mall security make up their own rules. The security guy refused to tell him if there was a mall policy against having a hood up.