A woman says she found a strange white substance, which police identified as crack, in her fish sandwich bought at Rally’s. The fast food place says, “We take the matter very seriously, and are committed to the safety of our food and customers.” [News12]

Comments

1. Moosehawk says:

Easy crack she’s probably ever scored.

2. UpsetPanda says:

…and she knows it’s crack how…

3. oakie says:

i’m goin to rally’s!! i’mma be rich either suing them or sellin them!

but seriously though, i’m gonna drop a dimebag of weed in my garlic fries and sue Kidd Valley.

4. puka_pai says:

How come I never get any of the good prizes in my Happy Meals?!?

5. Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) says:

I love this story.

“There was quite a bit of it, and I thought, well, this doesn’t belong in a sandwich. This isn’t part of what I should normally get from Rally’s. So, I ate the other sandwich and called the police.”

She found crack cocaine in one sandwich and decided to eat the other one, taking her chances.

I love that she ate the second sandwich before calling police, too. Kind of like stopping off for Jujyfruits on the way to the hospital.

6. Steve Trachsel, Ace says:

for once “taking it seriously” should have been replaced with “this is some funny shit”.

7. Hanke says:

99% of these are created by the person reporting them, it’s time for Consumerist to stop adding to the undeserved negative publicity surrounding them.

8. B says:

This reminds me of a time when I was in a grocery store a few weeks after 9/11, during the height of the anthrax scare. The employees were freaking out and had called 9-11 because somebody saw a white substance on the floor. The substance was flour.

9. levenhopper says:

What Rally’s employee has enough extra cash to be sharing his/her crack with customers?

10. B says:

@levenhopper: Chances are the employee was selling “special” burgers at an inflated price, and this customer accidently got one of those instead of the regular one.

11. @UpsetPanda: Because the police identified it as such. Sure does pay to read doesn’t it. She might have thought it was anthrax.

12. tahamaki says:

Hah, and it’s in Cincinnati, where there was another Rally’s in the Anderson Twp. area that was being used as a drug front. It closed back in the late 90′s. Old joke about a drive thru transaction:

Speaker: Hi, thank you for choosing Rally’s, my name’s Jeff, what can I get for you?
    Customer: I’d like a big buford combo with a one ounce Coke please?
    Speaker: That’ll be $87.42, please pull around.

13. texasannie says:

I was addicted to cheap Rally burgers and fries when I was in college — guess now I know why.

14. Ex_EA_Slave says:

Maybe this explains why I love Rally’s fish sandwiches so much I mean the taste isn’t great but I still love eating them because they give me so much energy and I can do all sorts of things after I eat one like run a few miles, clean the house, clean my neighbors house, mow every lawn in the neighborhood and then I go back to Rally’s to get more fish sandwiches because I love them so much but I was out of money so I broke into a car to steal then sell the stereo but all the cars in the lot had alarms so I didn’t have money to buy more and then I wait then what did I do….zzzzz, snore, zzzzzz…

15. Orngbliss says:

@Applekid: HAHAHA, I thinking the exact same thing! I guess she was REALLY hungry.

16. marsneedsrabbits says:

You know how at In & Out, if you order a burger “animal style” it’s cooked with mustard and onions; or how “protein style” has a lettuce wrap instead of a bun?

Is there a special name like that for a crack burger?

17. forgottenpassword says:

I’m suprised the cops didnt arrest her for possession.

I think what probably happened was that soem enterprising rally drivethru attendant was selling crack-sandwiches as a side business to “special” customers & accidentally let one slip past to a regular customer.

btw… never heard of a rally’s …. must be none here in the midwest.

18. m4ximusprim3 says:

@marsneedsrabbits: She probably ordered a “whitecastle”.

19. DrGirlfriend says:

In other news, Rally’s becomes the most popular restaurant in the nation.

20. theblackdog says:

@DrGirlfriend: Sounds like the local Checkers (same restaurant, different name) in my town in Maryland is going to be quite popular for the next few weeks, being across the street from the ghetto mall and all.

21. MYarms says:

I wonder what you have to order to get a bag of weed in your sandwich?

22. moorem2 says:

The crack was on the freakin’ sandwich.

If it was a drug deal gone wrong, the crack wouldn’t be on the sandwich.

some dumb employee most have mistaken his crack for tater sauce.

23. Icepagoda says:

@tahamaki: That’s funny… and it’s exactly what I’ll say when I hit up the Rally’s up in Sharonville for my… uh… lunch break today. Yeah… “lunch break”.

24. ElizabethD says:

Crack: the new Lenten fare. Approved by the Vatican?