Heavens, another Macbook has exploded. Apple is sending him a new one. [Appeltell]

Comments

1. sp00nix says:

I thought the fireworks were part of the glam and glitter of these things

2. leprofie says:

Gasp! Apples aren’t supposed to be able to break. And this from the original source … “Upon answering these questions, James was told he should be receiving a phone call the following day (Today, March 12, 2008) – which he has just told me he did not receive.”

Anyone nominate Apple for worst company award?

3. johnarlington says:

The goggles.. they do nothing

4. lbell says:

My 5 year old eMac looked exactly like that right before it started smoking and smelling of burnt plastic….

5. apparantly every time SJobs says “BOOM”, another macbook ‘splodes. Good thing I don’t have to repair these very often

6. i’m really suspicious of this his story… that’s not to say I don’t think it actually happened, but he said he was browsing the web, but the scorch marks make it look like it was closed at the time of the flameout, and it makes me wonder what the real deal is.

that said, yes, it failed, and he deserves a new one, and i’m glad to see applecare treating it like they should.

7. arch05 says:

@ars_workerbee: Maybe he closed it in an attempt to put out the fire? I did not RTFA so don’t crucify me if I’m incorrect.

8. @johnarlington: Jiminy jillikers

9. iEddie says:

Grammar nazi, indeed :) It’s Appletell, not Appeltell.

10. cristiana says:

@ars_workerbee:
    It’s hard to tell from the thumbnail at the top, but, that is a picture of the bottom of the laptop.

11. Starfury says:

Dude…you should’ve bought a Dell *

* This comment is not meant to be serious in any way.

12. Balisong says:

Apple is sending Macbook a new Macbook?

13. Trai_Dep says:

Wow, those new Macs have really powerful keyboard back-lighting!

14. The Great Aussie Evil says:

I thought the Sony Explod-o-Battery fiasco was already over.

15. Cap'n Jack says:

But…but… they’re better than PCs!!! Except for the ‘sloding, of course.

16. AlphaTeam says:

That picture’s a Macbook Pro!

See its the back of the computer and the battery is near by? Well the Macbook battery is near the front of the computer.

Plus it’s aluminum.