Wondering where the tax money you pay into the NYC public school system is going? Well, part of it goes to pay the salaries of about 700 teachers who are forced to sit in special rooms that are located all over the city. All day. And do nothing. Sometimes for years at a time. [Rubber Room via BuzzFeed]
More From Consumerist
- Airbnb Pays “Tens Of Millions” To San Francisco To Settle Hotel Tax Bill
- John Oliver’s Rousing Speech Rallies American Sports Fans To Stop Wasting Public Money On Stadiums
- Restaurant Responds To Negative Yelp Review With Role-Playing Exercise
- Philadelphia Asks Comcast Why It’s Not Treating Its Hometown As Well As Other Cities?
- NYC Lawmakers Want To Pay People For Submitting Videos Of Illegally Idling Vehicles