Check Your Credit Card For Fake Charges From "Ich Services"

Check your credit card statements for fraudulent charges from a company called “ICH Services,” reports KETV. They’re defrauding consumers across the country at $9.95 a pop with unwarranted credit card charges. If you notice it on your bill, call up your credit card company or bank and dispute the charge. And since your information is now in the hands of criminals, you may want to close down the account and get a new card while you’re at it.

Comments

1. petrarch1604 says:

I’m sorry but anyone who does not check their credit card charges frequently has this coming.

2. scoobydoo says:

@petrarch1604: HUH?

Has WHAT coming? The article warns people to check their statements. Are you saying that people who don’t check their statements deserve to be scammed by this company?

It’s just a warning from Consumerist to be extra careful, and keep an eye open for this specific company.

3. Smitherd says:

@scoobydoo: Agreed. Crap like this is undeserved by all.

4. Mr. Gunn says:

petrarch1604: I’m sorry but anyone who does not check their credit card charges frequently has better things to do.

FTFY YF’nF

5. Buran says:

@petrarch1604: So in other words people who are scammed deserve it because they were too stupid to order from the wrong places, or too stupid to read their statements online every five minutes?

6. doctor_cos wants you to remain calm says:

@Mr. Gunn: So you have *officially* lost the right to bitch when you get scammed because you were off doing better things while these scumbags were robbing you blind.
    If you don’t have the time to at least look over your monthly charges on your statement, then you deserve what you get.

7. doctor_cos wants you to remain calm says:

@Buran: You don’t have to look ‘every five minutes’ but people who don’t check that envelope (or email) they get every month probably shouldn’t be playing with the big kids.

8. magic8ball says:

@petrarch1604: No innocent person “deserves” to be scammed.

9. calvinneal says:

Some of the comments posted on this site are so stupid. Who are these folks who constantly demean everyone else in post after post? Maybe your Lithium based anti-psychotics need to be adjusted! Call your doctor.

10. humphrmi says:

@petrarch1604: LOL this is the same argument the Nigerian Government gives the US government when the US pushes them to crack down more on 419 scammers. “The stupid Americans deserve it.” You and the Nigerians are on the same page.

11. DrGirlfriend says:

Looking down on people all day can sometimes cause neck aches. I am sure that can make a person cranky.

12. CumaeanSibyl says:

So it’s okay if I steal from people when they aren’t paying attention? AWESOME. I’m gonna go break into the neighbor’s house! She’s not home, so it’s her fault!

13. Anonymous says:

@magic8ball: Correct. Hell, that should be one of the taglines of this damned site.

14. V-effekt says:

Germans, again?

15. pfeng says:

Ehhhh… how does checking my credit card statement frequently PREVENT a fraudulent charge from occurring? I can notice it and dispute it when checking things over, but it does nothing to stop the criminal from charging it in the first place.

Check it at least once a month. More if you’re bored.

16. doctor_cos wants you to remain calm says:

@pfeng: “…once a month.” That’s what I’m talking about.
    Yes no one deserves to get scammed, but if you don’t check, then whine about “you didn’t know”….

If’n I could edit my posts as in this case when they are obviously taken the wrong way…

17. ideagirl says:

@calvinneal: Yes, thanks for that post. How on earth would life continue if we didn’t have jackasses like that to point out their obvious superiority? /sarcasm

18. timmus says:

How the hell does a merchant get away with running hundreds, or thousands of bogus charges? I myself am a small merchant and if I run just a handful of bogus charges I’ll get my account shitcanned.

On a related note, how do Brooklyn Camera stores manage to keep their merchant accounts, when they have such bad reputations and even the NYC BBB says not to do business with them?

19. tmlfan81 says:

I can check my statements all I want, but shit happens.

Be mindful of who you give your information out to, check your statements monthly , and report unauthorized charges as soon as you find out about them. No one really has this coming to them.

Shame on you for thinking otherwise.

20. Nytmare says:

@petrarch1604: How about if we take all those bogus charges and put them on your cc bill every month. You can be in charge of disputing every single one of them. I’m sure you won’t mind.

21. freedom69 says:

@doctor_cos: yes anyone who does not check their statements is stupid.

22. freedom69 says:

oh just as an FYI a dispute is not the same as fraud. A dispute means that at some point or another you did do legitimate business with this merchant, fraud means you never did and you dont know how they got your info. So what I am saying by this is that when you call you want to say that there is a fraudulent charge on the account. If you say dispute your card will not be closed ,just the charge reversed and you might find yourself in another bigger problem down the road. So please, It is VERY important to understand the diffrence.

23. freedom69 says:

@CumaeanSibyl: well if she leaves the door open it is bound to happen sometime.I think that people don’t mean its ok to steal but if you allow it at some point by not doing what you can to prevent it then you cant complain because it does. Just as an example if your neighbor leaves the door open and items to get taken from her home the insurance company will not cover it because she did not do what she needed to in order to protect her home.

24. astrochimp says:

Ich bin ein services.

25. kalmakazee says:

@astrochimp:

Don’t you mean Ich bin ein service? Shouldn’t it be singular and not plural? I am one service?

26. kalmakazee says:

@astrochimp:

You speak Yiddish or German out of curiosity, or both?

27. astrochimp says:

@kalmakazee: Apparently I speak poor attempts at humour.

28. neworlenzgirl says:

Anyone thinking what I’m thinking…if this is as rampant as they say, could it be the result of the TJMAXX credit info leak? Or one of the other leaks that’s occured?

29. teapartys_over says:

Ugh. All the bitches on this site who somehow find a way to bring each and every bad experience down to the victims’ “personal responsibility” sound like a real barrel of laughs. Oh, did I say barrel of laughs? I meant “Humorless judgmental people who seem to have a permanent stick up their squeezed-too-tight bums”. But I’m sure that’s OK with them, as they are enjoying fun-filled days of poring over each and every financial transaction with a fine-toothed comb, taking time out only to lecture others in a superior tone. Don’t worry about getting any fresh air or spending time with your friends or anything crazy like that.

30. Blueskylaw says:

@astrochimp:
    Ich bin ein Berliner?

31. danno99 says:

This story has been out for about a week now. Hasn’t anyone been able to determine how these charges are showing up? Who/what are Ich Services?

32. FangDoc says:

I treat my fish for ich when they get those little itchy white bumps.

If this charge shows up on my statement, maybe I’ll pour the medicine on my credit card and it’ll go away.

33. drjayphd says:

@Blueskylaw: “…did he just say he was a doughnut?”

34. Raze50 says:

HOLY CRAP!! TWO STORIES FROM OMAHA IN THE SAME WEEK?!? When did Omaha become the center of consumerist rights? Awesome.

35. frankb00th says:

I work for a c/c company company and there are a lot of small charges such as these from different companies. The same names tend to come back.One thing is the amount that is charged to the account. It tends to be under 15.00 which is the cut off point for chargebacks. These charges are simply written off. What this means is that the merchant is never asked to explain the charge to the c/c company as part of the chargeback procedure That means in extreme cases is that they keep charging again and again and the customer has to call back everytime. Some give up or simply cancel the card and file the last 3 charges as possibly fraudulent. They can thus be investigated as such, a prospect few merchants enjoy.

36. kalmakazee says:

@astrochimp:

I wasn’t trying to insult or offend you. I was just wondering what was the right pronounciation. I speak Yiddish and not German though i don’t speak Yiddish that great but I can understand it better.