A Nextel customer service rep says that earlier this week around 25,000 customers erroneously received a text message saying they would be billed $5.3 million in overages. That’s each, as in $5.3 million per person. “Suffice it to say it was a busy day at the call center,” says our insider. Anyone get one of these messages and can send in a picture of it?
By consumerist.com March 7, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Comcast Continues To Screw Up Accounts, Even After Local News Involvement
- Bad Transcription Means 1-800-Flowers Card Implies Dead Grandma Had Diarrhea
- Comcast Rings Out 2014 With Yet Another Tape-Recorded Customer Service Disaster
- AT&T To Pay $105 Million To Settle Wireless Bill-Cramming Charges
- Comcast Employees Say Needy Retention Call Is Totally Normal