The 5 Stages Of Dealing With Comcast Customer Service Grief

This video is a promotional spot for Comcastmustdie.com, your one-stop shop for bitching about the cable-provider. People who submit their complaints over there in the comments along with their account numbers have gotten them fixed. It’s a cool blog, populated by some very angry people, as shown in this video of “The Five Stages” of dealing with Comcast. Transcript, inside…

ANNOUNCER: They say you go through five stages…

CUSTOMER: No, no…

ANNOUNCER: Denial.

CUSTOMER: This can’t be happening.

ANNOUNCER: Anger.

CUSTOMER: You are not helping me! Ugh!

ANNOUNCER: Bargaining.

CUSTOMER: Please give me a sign that someone is listening…just give me a sign…please.

ANNOUNCER: Depression.

PHONE: Thanks for holding. Your call is important to us. Please hold as a customer service rep…

ANNOUNCER: But acceptance?

CUSTOMER: Over my dead body!

MUSIC: Comcast must dieeeee!

Comments

1. BuddyGuyMontag says:

Some of the people on Comcastmustdie and other sites are some of the most self-entitled people I’ve ever read about. I read the story about the woman who was supposed to get 180 back from Comcast, she did after 3 months or so of trying, then tried to bilk Comcast for 9 months of free service for her problems.

You’re doing it wrong. If you’re that upset about your cable service, cut bait and go somewhere else.

2. n/a says:

Shes hot, who is she?

3. Meg Marco says:

Which stage is “Fuckwiched”?

4. Meg Marco says:

@BuddyGuyMontag: Many people are stuck with Comcast due to franchise agreements and can’t go anywhere else.

5. stpauliegirl says:

Thanks for the transcript. Not all of us can watch videos at work!

6. zundian says:

I called up TiVo yesterday (just a second, it’ll get to Comcast) because I’ve been having some problems with my channels just going black. The nice lady at Tivo told me it was because my cablecard hadn’t been completely authorized, so SHE conference-called Comcast with me still on the line, and then we BOTH proceeded to wait on hold for an hour and forty five minutes before I finally just hung up, because I had to get to sleep.

Additionally, the TV station I work at was without cable for 36 hours because Comcast refused to send anyone out until our station manager called and threatened to pull all advertising unless they came out NOW.

7. BuddyGuyMontag says:

@Meg Marco: What about DirecTV and Dish? Granted, their Customer Service isn’t great either, but you do have a choice. If you need high speed internet, you’re stuck with comcast and/or DSL, but the person from ComcastMustDie who wanted the free service ALONG with her refund really, REALLY irked me.

I’m all for getting freebies when the companies screw up… but what she wanted was a little much.

8. Mike_ says:

I’m right on the border between Verizon and SBC and far enough from both companies that I can’t get DSL from either. Comcast is my only option for high speed Internet. (Trust me, I’ve looked.) Also, I’m in a condo, on the north side of the building. I have no exclusive use area with line-of-sight to Dish or DirecTV.

I hate Comcast so freaking much. I’d love to see them broken into tiny pieces, and their infrastructure opened up to competitors. They seriously need to die. In the mean time, I’ll keep forking over my $160/month to stay plugged in.

9. BuddyGuyMontag says:

@Mike_: Did you try calling your landlord/management office to see if there was a solution to the facing north problem? Some property management companies are assessing fees to allow non-north facing tenants access to an area to set up their dish.

10. backbroken says:

I really used to hate Comcast. And then I switched to DishNetwork.

Holy mother of pearl but Comcast was never as bad as Dish.

11. Ben Popken says:

@BuddyGuyMontag: Having a choice of television programming providers is not the same as having cable competition.

12. bradym80 says:

Keep those videos coming!

Anonymous against comcast.

13. Buran says:

@stpauliegirl: And some of us are hard of hearing. Ditto on the thanks!

14. scoosdad says:

@BuddyGuyMontag: Yup, and I hassled her in a couple of follow-up posts over that. She had them agreeing to give her what she asked for originally (though it took 9 months, I’ll give her that), then she went and screwed the deal by demanding free cable on top of what she asked for and they were about to give her. Then threw a hissy fit on Comcastmustdie when they cut her off.

Then I had a bunch of people there attacking me for calling it like it is and saying that she blew it. Some people just don’t know when to take the money and run.

15. BuddyGuyMontag says:

@Ben Popken: I don’t understand what you’re saying. I wasn’t asking for competition, I was simply saying that if you’re dissatisifed with service, there are options. There always are. In the case of Mike_, I offered a possible solution he may have not investigated yet.

16. BuddyGuyMontag says:

@scoosdad: I won’t attack you. You were 100% correct. Comcast was willing to give her her money and free cable and she totally screwed the deal by getting greedy and wanting more. Her story totally turned me off to the entire comcastmustdie site, because there’s a major, major difference between an empowered consumer and one who is greedy.

17. elf6c says: