H.J. Heinz Co. is recalling approximately 40,000 cases of Boston Market brand lasagna with meat sauce after realizing that it contained that sketchy recalled cow abuse beef from Westland/Hallmark. [BizJournals]

Comments

1. bohemian says:

This is starting to sound more and more like the episode of Torchwood they had on about two weeks ago. When do they find the giant alien meat slug that is supplying the USDA with school beef?

2. timmus says:

Man, that beef goes far and wide. I’m looking forward to finding out it’s in my Count Chocula.

3. B says:

Haha. That Garfield sure is funny. Because he’s a cat, and he hates Mondays, which is normally the kind of behavior you’d expect from a human, not a cat.

4. kidnextdoor says:

@B: u made me lolz

5. A Boston Market in my area were closed last week due to vermin infestation. I wonder if these two incidents are connected?

6. dweebster says:

@B: OMG – that WAS what was so funny about that Garfield!! Kinda like Mickey Mouse, not even mildly amusing, but holds your interest because you THINK it’s “supposed” to be funny and you’re just missing it and will eventually “get” it.

The tainted meat ain’t funny in the least. This stuff makes as much sense to me as the health insurance structure. It seems that any sane corporate thinking (even the penny pinching idiots at the top) would see that it’s far more beneficial to their company AND the customers to advocate for stricter food safety and universal healthcare (to divest of the whole health-as-a-”benefit” scam). Instead, 40,000 cases of lasagna will meet the landfill and we pretend all is well.

7. RandoX says:

At least they’re being proactive about it instead of waiting until someone gets sick. I’m sure that it’s cheaper for them as a corporation in the long run, but still…

8. theblackdog says:

I thought McDonalds owned Boston Market…