A gas leak at the Plymouth, New Hampshire Walmart has lead to the hospitalization of three workers. [Boston .com]

Comments

1. APFPilot says:

I guess someone really didn’t want to show their receipt.

2. MattO says:

most of the greeters there leak gas all day long…isnt this normal?

3. ElizabethD says:

@APFPilot:
    LMAO!!!

4. Crymson_77 says:

@MattO: LMAO

5. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

Shopt at Wal-Mart…it’s a gas!

(okay that was really bad)

6. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

(okay, worse joke…)

First the Nazi shirts…then gassing customers? This really IS an evil company!

7. jaydez says:

which fat-ass customer farted?

8. jonworld says:

Serves Wal-Mart right!

But since when does New Hampshire have Wal-Marts? I lived in New England for 12 years, going to NH about every other weekend, and I never saw a single Walmart.

I guess the Wal-marts are slowly taking over the few remaining beautiful landscapes of successful family-owned businesses that support local economies! Screw them! I hope the recession puts Wal-Mart out of business.

9. jonworld says:

“Workers said they had smelled propane throughout the morning” (from the article on Boston.com)

Aren’t you supposed to evacuate when you smell gas. In the recent Waukegen, IL shopping center that blew up, the store owners claimed they had been smelling gas for days! People are so stupid! The government should have some gas-leak safety program which educates people on this!

10. queenofdenial says:

@jonworld: They do- its called elementary school.

11. B says:

@jonworld: There have been Walmarts in NH for at least the last 15 years.

12. catnapped says:

@jonworld: Um, you do of course realize that evacuating the store = lost business/lost revenue? We can’t have Lee Scott living out in the gutter penniless now can we?

13. AndrewJC says:

But since when does New Hampshire have Wal-Marts?

@jonworld: As a graduate of Plymouth State, I can tell you that the one in Plymouth went up on Route 25 around 2000 or so. New Hampshire has had Walmart for quite a while, no less-there was one in Claremont even when I was in high school in the mid-90s, and others on the I-93 corridor for a long time.

As far as I’m aware, my home state of Vermont was the only state that had been holding out for a long time, but I think even they gave in eventually.