Consumerist Forums Roundup

A reader gets his oil over-filled at a lube shop only to break down on the road. He then receives excessive friction when he asks for a refund.

A reader’s friend literally gets thrown to the ground by a tow truck driver. What are your options if you get jacked up by a tow truck company?

Why do Abercrombie stores stink? A reader shares his tale of being involuntarily scent marked by the lame-ass clothier.

With all the fanfare that credit unions seem to receive, a reader asks about the negative aspects of these supposed Valhallas of friendly banking.

Comments

1. azntg says:

The Consumerist actually had forums? Dang, I didn’t know that!

2. Rectilinear Propagation says:

@azntg: They’re not allowed to have a permanent link to them. Something to do with Gawker…

3. DMDDallas says:

boo @ gawker

4. silencedotcom says:

@azntg: Yeah, but they’re not “official,” and since they’re not run by Gawker, there can’t be any links on the website about it. The only advertisement the forums get is Ben’s weekly roundup.

@DMDDallas: Yes, BOO!!!

5. PinkBox says:

Hollister has the nasty perfume/cologne too. I avoid walking in because of it. (that, and I’m not a fan of clothes with huge logos plastered all over them.)

6. Asvetic says:

That tow truck story seems a bit shaky detail wise. I don’t believe someone would have their car booted and towed for parking in a “stop and shop” parking lot without some provocation.

7. Buran says:

@Asvetic: I do. There’s worse horror stories out there.

8. MercuryPDX says:

@Asvetic: It happens. They even hire spotters to make sure you’re not only shopping in the store that owns the lot, but that you’re not exceeding the limit posted for the lot.

9. azntg says:

@Rectilinear Propagation: Ah well, thanks for the heads up. So until Gawker gives their blessings, it’s bookmarked now.

10. faust1200 says:

Just a reminder you can always find the forums at [consumeristforums.com]

11. dequeued says:

@Asvetic:

I updated my post and gave a few more details.
    Just to be clear this did not happen to me, and yes, he should have been more assertive, I chided him about that too.

He said he is going to make an account and post in that thread, beyond that it is in his hands.
    I made that post because I was so upset that this was hapening in my home town and wanted to help him.