We're Too Pretty For Southwest!

It seems that the “Too Sexy For Southwest” lady has some imitators! Is there room on the Today show and in Playboy for two more? Travel Troubleshooter columnist Christopher Elliott alerts us to this story out of Tampa, Florida

USF student Nisreen Swedberg and friend Sarah Williams claim the flight crew was rude to them from the moment they stepped onto the plane at Tampa International Airport on February 14.

“And I patiently waited and then when they came around with water, they skipped me,” Swedberg said.

When he came out, Williams says the man came over to her seat and yelled a profanity at her. Williams admits she yelled a profanity back at him but was puzzled when she says the flight crew only questioned her.

“I think they were just discriminating against because we were young decent-looking girls. I mean, nobody else on the plane looked like us except us,” she said. “[The flight attendants] were like older ladies. We were younger. Who knows, they could have been just jealous of us because we were younger.”

Southwest says the women were being disruptive. They claim to have been banned from all future Southwest flights, including their return flight, after being escorted from the plane by the LAPD. No charges were filed.

They seem ready for their close up, don’t they? See, this is why I always fly wearing a bathrobe and rollers.

Too pretty to fly?
[Tampa 10 via Elliott]

Comments

1. Diet-Orange-Soda says:

Meh. They sounds pretty self-centered. I would guess they’re leaving out some important details.

2. hollywood2590 says:

You forgot the Bad Consumer tag.

3. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

Imagine the chaos if it was an extremly attractive Arab woman!

4. Dead Wrestlers Society says:

Yeah, I would like to see the BAC for the two participants. I’m guessing there’s some info missing from this story.

5. arch05 says:

You know you would all still hit it.

6. K-Bo says:

In my experience the only time anyone acts jealous of a pretty young woman like that is when the pretty young woman wants to convince herself that she’s so wonderful that everyone hates her, and starts being a pain in the butt. Too bad being so wonderful isn’t why everyone hates her.

7. DwightIsMyCopilot says:

Wow. I have a strong feeling the girls were being disruptive and then realized they could ride the wave of fame from the previous lady. “Well, if she got in Playboy, I bet we could, too!!”

Meh.

8. TheOtherJen says:

These girls are morons. And it embarrasses me, as a Floridian, that they are from Florida. But it does not surprise me that they are from Tampa. I know soooo many like that from there.

9. LionelEHutz says:

1) They aren’t as hot as they think they are
    2) They probably are royal pains in the butt because they think they are so hot
    3) The brunette has something growing on her chin (see the video) that likely has hair growing out of it from time to time, as well as a bubble butt
    4) And the blonde, throw that girl a sandwich

10. Diet-Orange-Soda says:

@LionelEHutz: Oh man! The video is ridiculous. What’s with the shoulder exposure and MySpace angle shots?

11. Aph says:

Their very lives hanging on the thread of privileged testosterone! Who will step forth to save these worthless bags of carbon and water?!?

12. StevieD says:

They went to the restroom TOGETHER ?

Hehehehehe

13. mexicantvdinner says:

I call shenanigans on this. It’s a little too TV-ready for my tastes.

14. SkokieGuy says:

I think the flight attendants were mean to us because they are jealous of our large firm breasts which you can see on our new website http://www.redacted. For your convenience, we accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Also, consumerist readers may have already quessed that we are both actresses and models. You can contact our agent at attentionwhore@whocares.com.

15. thirdbase says:

The blonde can disrupt my flight anytime she wants.

16. thirdbase says:

flightes interuptous

17. weakdome says:

@arch05: two times

18. picshereplz says:

Yeah, I’m not buying their story. Sorry.

19. less_is_best says:

Without makeup, “woof” probably sums it up best. Whenever I see that much makeup on a woman, I know whats up. “WOOF”.

20. redhelix says:

IMHO, they’re both trolls

21. Whitey Fisk says:

Did she really want to go into the bathroom after some dude had been in there for fifteen minutes?

22. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

Um, how did the bathroom dude know it was her? Did he open the door and peek out or something?

23. chersolly says:

Poor babies!

24. “I think they were just discriminating against because we were young decent-looking girls. I mean, nobody else on the plane looked like us except us,”

What kind of normal person would say such a thing?

Yeah, that must be it. I always get discriminated against because I’m a mildly attractive man, not because I behave like a complete douche.

25. FLConsumer says:

Pretty? They’re not Super MegaFugly, but they not prize-winning specimens either.

26. MDSasquatch says:

SKANKS!

27. weakdome says:

Man the brunette is ugly. The blonde isn’t great, but at least she isn’t dogfaced. Wow – maybe they were “discriminating against” because they weren’t pretty ENOUGH.

28. weakdome says:

@MDSasquatch: Yeagerbombs?

29. Ilovemygeek says:

I watched the video and I have to say the brunette would only classify as “pretty” if she had some major photoshop work done to her. Well that or if one was looking at her with some serious beer goggles.

30. danno99 says:

I thought we only discriminated against ugly people? Are these girls complaining that they didn’t get the Paris Hilton red carpet treatment? Take that to court and see how far your get. “But your honor, we’re too pretty to be treated that way!”

31. picshereplz says:

Yes let’s all compare our internet manliness by saying how ugly these girls are. I know that I, for one, only date super hot models. Don’t you?

32. valthun says:

yeah, you don’t get escorted off a flight and banned from an airline because you “look good”. So, whats the real story?

33. Ilovemygeek says:

Hey now, some of us are woman and still think they’re fugos.

34. picshereplz says:

35. Kat@Work says:

“Swedberg said she asked a flight attendant for a bottle of water and was told she could wait until the rest of the flight was served.”

They tell everyone that. Bring your own friggin’ water.

Oh and I love that she patiently waited. Riiight. I’m sure she had no attitude for the flight attendant when she didn’t give her a bottle of water when she first asked .

And they skipped her? Really? Was she paying attention? Did she say anything when the flight attendant was “skipping” her?

“At one point, Williams had to use the plane’s bathroom. She saw another passenger in it, and when he hadn’t come out 15 minutes later, she knocked on the door.

When he came out, Williams says the man came over to her seat and yelled a profanity at her. “

This makes no logical sense. Why would the man in the bathroom know who knocked on the door if this lady was in her seat? Were they the only 2 people on the plane??

Too pretty to fly?! Geez, these idiots sound like my damn sister – “everyone wants me! everyone is attracted to me!”

Get over yourselves.

I might actually fly SW now since they won’t be on anymore of their flights.

36. smoothtom says:

Wait, how did the guy in the bathroom know which seat to go to? Why do I get the feeling they being really obnoxious at the bathroom door … I’d bet the words “did you fall in?” were uttered at some point. Of course, I have no way of knowing.

37. Diet-Orange-Soda says:

I don’t think they look “bad” but they certainly are trying way too hard to look “good.”

38. K-Bo says:

@picshereplz: I’m no super model, but I know that, and I don’t go around saying “they treated me bad because I’m pretty” When people treat me bad, it’s either because they are jerks, or I did something to piss them off, never just because I’m prettier than them, and I don’t believe even if I was a supermodel, that they would treat me badly for it, unless I constantly tried to get treated better because I thought I was better than everyone else.

39. I think that Meg should go undercover on a Southwest flight wearing a short skirt and low cut top and see how the flight attendants react to her since we can count on a fair and balanced report from Meg.

Any other guys agree?

40. Ilovemygeek says:

Oh your right@picshereplz: I forgot that being attractive means you are also too intellectually inept to actually read a website like The Consumerist.

41. mandarin says:

They hate me because Im too pretty? Idiot.

42. The Porkchop Express says:

I don’t think they’re ugly girls in any way, but I bet they’re annoting, loud, and rude.
    If you know the guy was in the restroom for 15 minutes, why knock he’s obviously doing something in there. It’s not like the restroom on a plane is a cool place to chill for a while.
    i really, really doubt their story. We’re missing something.

I heard one of them on a Tampa radio show and she sounded like a very self absorbed little daddy’s or mommy’s girl. Any looks they may have….leave when you here them talk.

43. bobblack555 says:

Why is this even considered newsworthy? They just sound self centered and there’s no evidence in their story that the way they were treated had anything to do with their appearance.

44. weakdome says:

@solareclipse2: you had me at Meg, under the covers.

45. The Porkchop Express says:

@smoothtom: They say the flight attendent told him

46. The Porkchop Express says:

@Lo-Pan: I’m guessing that she said something to him first.

47. darkened says:

I’d hit it. Oh wait this isn’t digg

48. K-Bo says:

I wouldn’t call them ugly, but I wouldn’t really call them pretty, They look like your standard dime a dozen college girls. Walking around the school I went to, you would see 20 girls who look like either of these every 5 mins. The funny thing is, none of us would have looked at them and judged their looks as harshly as we are if they hadn’t started bragging. So I guess their bragging made them uglier to most of us. Even funnier is if they are reading this right now, they are probably looking for another blog to post to about how “we posted to a blog, but all the comments were mean because they were jealous of how pretty we are”

49. William Mize says:

As a Floridian, this is yet another example of why I’m ashamed to live here.
    But for the record, I live in St Petersburg, which is groovy and hip, as opposed to Tampa, which, well, ain’t – as these two young fine examples have proven.

50. decoitous says:

I’d hit it. With a car.

51. se7a7n7 says:

This sounds like the Saturday Night Live, “2 A-Holes” skits.

“2 A-Holes fly on an Airplane”

52. Traveshamockery says:

@picshereplz: “I also forgot all the super hot women that post here. Consumerist is a supermodels-only zone.”

::Slowly backs away and closes the browser::

53. mikedt says:

Unless major parts of their “disruption” has been left out of the news report it does seem like SW went a little overboard with calling uniformed (and I assumed armed) officers to come on board. If every self centered individual is now a potential criminal we better build more jails.

54. cmdr.sass says:

Time will not be kind to these two.

55. Dibbler says:

Wow, talk about a slow news day… The blond should have gone on TV instead of the butt-ugly brunette. Don’t worry lady, it wasn’t because of your looks. It has something to do with your attitude. Next time they need to find a sugar daddy and have him fly them first class.

56. shadow735 says:

I will take them for a ride in my plane!! Oh wait I dont own a plane, thats okay I will still take them for a ride.

57. RagingTowers says:

It sure is hard being pretty…

Life must suck ass not looking like a gorilla…or thinking you don’t look like a gorilla

58. crescentia says:

Oh…give me a break!!!

59. Roundonbothends says:

Puh-lese go on beliving that, girls. Yes, that must be it. There could be no other explanation. (What a riot.)

60. spinachdip says:

@TheOtherJen: Ah, the Florida Gulf coast. It’s like backwoods Georgia without the sophistication.

Really, do you expect any better from a state that can’t hold an election without irregularities and just got around to including the word “Evolution” in their education guidelines (but only with the caveat that it’s a “scientific theory”!)?

61. GrandizerGo says:

The brunette is definitely the the “less pretty” girl that moderately pretty girls hang out with to make themselves look better…

No sweety, you were NOT discriminated against. You were expected to act like an adult. Instead you two acted like a pair of overprivileged children.

Kudos to SWA! And it’s flightcrew.

62. clank-o-tron says:

@picshereplz: Normally, I’d agree with your position, but their appearance is relevant to the story. They opened the door for these comments when they said they were discriminated against for being young, decent-looking girls. The obvious counter to that is to claim that they’re not decent-looking, thereby dismissing the claim. I won’t say they’re hideous or anything, but they’re certainly not to my taste and I wouldn’t give either a second look – especially after spewing such solipsist nonsense as the article shows.

Makeup is for covering up physical flaws, not personality flaws, and these women don’t seem to realize that.

63. noquarter says:

@clank-o-tron: The obvious counter to that is to claim that they’re not decent-looking

No, the obvious counter is to claim that they’re conceited. The obvious high-school-level counter is to insult their appearance.

64. Antediluvian says:

@solareclipse2: (Meg should go undercover on a flight)

I’d love to read the writeup on that story.

@arch05: (y’all’d hit it)

No. No, I would not hit that.

/yep, still gay

65. badgeman46 says:

As much as it seems that there are probably some important details left out of this story, there does seem to be a pattern emerging at Southwest. From the whole mini-skirt incident to a few other publicized incidents of people’s attire being appropriate or not, it seems that Southwest’s corporate culture is moving toward being frumpy librarians. I have noticed a change in Southwest’s fun attitude, as subtle as it may be. Frumpy librarians sums it up pretty good. SHHHH!

66. weakdome says:

@badgeman46: More shush’in for the push’in

67. Imaginary_Friend says:

@SkokieGuy: Winnar!

The only way the guy in the bathroom would have known it was her would’ve been if she harassed him after he got out. That tells us about all we need to know here. Two self-important twits looking for some free publicity. That tv station ought to be ashamed to air such drivel.

68. theblackdog says:

Meh, I’m still flying Southwest next month, and I will continue to belong to their FF program. I agree with the other posters, there’s a lot of details these girls left out.

Oh, and I wouldn’t hit that either, even if it was a chance to join the mile high club.

69. Sasquatch says:

This story reeks of bullshit.

70. picshereplz says:

@clank-o-tron: @K-Bo:
    The crux of these women’s argument doesn’t have to be that they actually are pretty on some objective level, or on a level where a majority of Consumerist commenters would find to be pretty.

It would be enough to support their argument if these particular people – old, mean, spiteful, ugly people – found them to be attractive/young enough to discriminate against.

Anyway my original point still stands, that any time any woman claims any beauty on the internet, there’s always going to be a bunch of internet neckbeards available to call them things like “woof” and “trolls”.

71. thalia says:

Definitely omitting several details, not to mention not knowing the difference between pretty and slutty. These girls are much too full of themselves. And I can bet when she asked for that water, she was bitchy or childish about it. And I can bet when she knocked on the bathroom door she said something to the effect of, “Yo, you shoulda jerked off before you left home, jackass. What’d you have for breakfast, a brick? Hurry up! I’m on my period and it’s all clotty and gross!”

72. Saboth says:

I’m sure they were laughing and giggling during the safety demonstration, and talking on their cell phones loudly, being rude, etc. Self centered college brats, think the world revolves around them.

73. shadow735 says:

Sorry but the brunette is freaking Hot!!! is she single?

74. The Porkchop Express says:

@William Mize: does the change happen on the skyway?? anywhere can be hip or sorry if you let.
    Don’t be ashamed, these girls are everywhere not just here in Florida. the ones here just have tans.

75. thalia says:

Here’s another thought…the chick says she knocked on the door (even though she knew the guy was in there, poor dude probably had IBS and she embarassed him) but then he came out, came to her seat, and yelled at her. Well, think about it…how the heck did he know who to come to and bitch at??? It’s not like those toilets have windowed doors or anything…

I totally call bullshit. If he yelled at her, she must have made a bowel joke or rude comment as he seated himself. Either that, or it never happened. I love it when people think that when others are rude to them, it must be jealousy.

76. arch05 says:

I just watched the video. Yeah, not hot.

77. The Porkchop Express says:

@spinachdip: evolution was there before, jackass. Where are you from that’s so far ahead of Florida? And please, elaborate on why. elaborate would mean give examples and stuff.

78. reznicek111 says:

Those two are pretty much what you get when parents raise kids with ideas like, “the other kids are only (teasing/ignoring/what have you) because they’re jealous of how pretty/smart/rich you are!”

79. MrMold says:

I’m free, white, and over 16! The whole world is my oyster, dammit. How dare you question me or my Entitlement card?!

80. pinkfreud says:

80 percent of the women in california are more attractive than them.

81. noquarter says:
  82. Antediluvian says:

@arch05: (not hot after all)
    So we agree not to “hit it,” even if for different reasons? :-)

83. arch05 says:

@Antediluvian: Yes, I suppose we do.

@shadow735: Dude, watch the video. She looks like the ugly stepsister when without makeup in daylight.

84. spinachdip says:

@Lo-Pan: I live in the 21st Century.

[ap.google.com]

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) – Florida’s public school science standards for the first time will use the word “evolution,” although the biological concept already was being taught under code words such as “change over time.”

85. hi says:

This is what you get when you THINK you deserve more than everyone else. Wow old people huh? Yeh I bet their sooo jealous of a couple young uglys. I think everyday how I wish I was young, ugly, disrespectful and stupid.

86. dugn says:

Agree on the Bad Consumer tag needed. These are skanks on the rump of society. Move along…

87. Craig says:

Hey, when you have no real talent what’s wrong with trying your hand at being an opportunist? At least they put in some half-hearted effort. (Girls, if you’re reading this have someone explain sarcasm to you.)

88. arch05 says:

@Lo-Pan: You don’t by any chance live in the “Redneck Riviera”, do you?

89. The Porkchop Express says:

@spinachdip: perhaps the standards, I still learned it. maybe my school was different and yeah it was public.
    is that the only reason we’re like Georgia, without the sophistication?

Anyway, these chicks could have been from anywhere. I’ve known plenty of bitches from plenty of places like this. lots of “boston girls” act a bit like this.
    And ladies before you get mad by bitches I only mean the ones that act like this.

90. MissTic says:

Alternate title: “When Millienials fly”. God, they really do walk (or fly) among us don’t they?

91. IssaGoodDay says:

I know I speak for a number of guys when I say this:

Enough makeup that you need a chisel to take it off is NOT attractive.

You’re not being discriminated against because you’re too beautiful (judging by the photo, they’d get a 3, maybe 4 from me – on a scale of 10), you’re being discriminated against for expecting special privileges and acting like spoiled daddy’s girls.

I can’t wait for reality to hit people like this in the face.

92. algormortis says:

Moral of the story:

Don’t fly Southwest.
    Don’t apply makeup with a trowel.
    Don’t talk to Southwest flight attendants if they seem to be in a bad mood.

Yeah, there’s something else to this, i’m sure. Nevertheless, people have horrible experiences with United and they’re always great to me. People don’t seem to have horrible experiences with Frontier or Alaska, and they’re always great to me, too.

93. Three Word Chant says:
  94. DrGirlfriend says:

I’m too pretty for this website.

95. julianazor says:

Maybe they were “discriminated” against because they were rude and arrogant. I fly with southwest ALL the time, and I always have above-board service. I am a pleasant passenger, and always respectful. I consider myself a good looking girl, and have seen plenty of “10’s” on flights with me, they are treated respectfully.

96. Antediluvian says:

@DrGirlfriend: Oh honey, aren’t we all?

97. FLegion says:

These two think they are hot?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sure, they didn’t hit EVERY branch of the ugly tree, but they certainly aren’t attractive enough for people to be jealous.

98. shadow735 says:

@arch05: have to check at home my work blocks video and video streams, but from the fact that they are 18 doesnt look good for them.

99. lakesnake says:

@DrGirlfriend:

Ditto!

100. theblackdog says:

@DrGirlfriend: Admit it, you just come here because you love us ;-)

101. MYarms says:

Hooray for the Florida education system! Its like so much better or something.

102. clevershark says:

The bathroom story doesn’t make a lot of sense. We’re asked to believe that she knocked on the bathroom door, went back to her seat, and when the man emerged he magically knew who had knocked on the door and where that person was seated.

Unless SW bathrooms have glass doors (which would surprise me greatly) I don’t think that setup is possible.

103. SchecterShredder says:

Stupid girls with their self-entitlement issues. Lets revisit them in say, twelve years, when even their husbands/boyfriends don’t think their hot enough for their nasty attitudes anymore.

104. Weirdsmobile says:

I think it’s perfectly fair to critique by the toughest possible standards the attractiveness of these women. It would be one thing if all they were saying was that they were good looking, but to claim that they’re somehow so unusually pretty as to arouse such intense jealousy in the crew that they go out of their way to treat them like crap…well, that begs harsher scrutiny than one might normally give.

105. boxjockey68 says:

k, I watched the video & listened, after doing so I am pretty sure that they were kicked off for acting like douchebag asshats, NOT because they are so pretty. Grow up girls & quit being such asshats.

106. Michael Belisle says:

@Diet-Orange-Soda: It’s so you don’t have to manually give her the floor-to-ceiling look. The camera did it for you.

Oh local news, is there anything you won’t do?

107. Michael Belisle says:

The bathroom incident should had gone something like this:

+ Watch video

108. Imaginary_Friend says:

@noquarter: Bullshit. I call shenanigans.

We’re supposed to believe that one of the flight attendants — who were so gosh darn mean to them because they were “too pretty”– just casually pointed and told them, “yeah, it was him. That’s the guy who turd-blocked you!”.

This story gets stupider by the minute.

109. Smashville says:

I’m amazed that the brunette thinks she’s hot…maybe if I was drunk enough…

110. Morticia says:

Who wants to go to the toilet straight after some bloke has been in there 15 minutes anyway? Find another that will be more pleasant to visit.

111. j-yo says:

I suppose the guy in the bathroom who allegedly yelled at her was jealous of her beauty too, huh? He probably wanted to look like a hooker and realized that these two losers were doing a better job.

112. pendletonh says:

This might be a strange thing to say but…

My mother once told me that the world hates pretty girls. I think she’s right. My mother, being a beautiful woman who looks easily half her age, is constantly the victim of the most harsh customer service (especially from women and older men). She is exceptionally polite and personable.

It is probably true that these girls were not as demure and charming as they could be, but I seriously doubt they acted in a way that anyone else would not have. Attractive young women are scrutinized far more for their actions than anyone else is. It’s a strange bias, but from my observations, completely true.

113. nrwfos says:

@Kat@Work: I haven’t flown in ages, but I thought I heard that you can’t take liquids aboard planes anymore – not that that makes any difference to how vain and shallow these 2 were/are.

114. olegna says:

I picture two obnoxious, loud, giggling chicas going though that typical phase in life where they consider themselves the center of the universe and think that everyone wants to hear their “inner voices”.

115. LJSeinfeld says:

See the girl smirk/smile right after the words “because of my looks” come out of her mouth. It’s so freakin’ preposterous that even SHE can’t believe that she said it.

Being a guy who has functioning eyes and ears, I struggle to remember any incidents where people, especially male people, didn’t fall all over themselves to help “hot” girls out.

BTW, she LOOKS like she plays goalie for a dart team. Of course that’s what a steady diet of nicotine and Jägermeister does for a young lady’s appearance.

116. bufftbone says:

Well, i cant wait til next month to see them naked in Playboy

117. rebecca l says:

ughhhh this makes me want to vomit. While I agree the world hates pretty young women, these girls are simply girls, not women judging from their oh-so-mature behavior. Nothing ladylike about it. Bet they were on the phone with daddy 2 seconds after landing. Hopefully the flight attendant will put them out the emergency exit next time.

Being ‘pretty’ is a love/hate thing for me — I paid for a good chunk of college through modeling (with my clothes on, thanks). But getting taken seriously in the Real World? Please. I’m dual-degreed in chemical engineering and physics from a top-10 undergrad school and if I had a penny for every time someone made some sort of sarcastic comment about my intelligence. faves include “Wow, I didn’t know I was dating a genius”, “Did you sleep with a professor when you were in undergrad?”, “The engineering program must have been alot easier at your school” and “I guess they needed more women physicists real bad”.

I’m fully prepared for this shit to only get worse — I’m starting my MBA next fall and gosh, god forbid women, you know, do shit with their lives.

[end feminist rant]

118. Superawesomerad says:

Those girls are pretty ugly and I don’t think they were kicked off the airplane for the reasons they give.

119. allie78 says:

The Blonde one is pretty, but the burnette is UGLY. She looks like Michael Jackson on a bad day. I’d kick her off the plane because I’d be afraid she’d molest little boys.

120. thalia says:

Southwest’s response to this tripe:

+ Watch video

121. Xerloq says:

DON’T LOOK AT THE MOLE ON THE BRUNETTE’S CHIN!

See, the Southwest crew had an issue with the mole.

Moleists.

122. coold8 says:

Meh, I am going to have to take the airlines on this one, they just look like the type. This reminds of when someone says “your a racist!”, when you don’t have an extra pen, or the only one you have happens to be a black pen, while you are holding a blue one.

123. Oshawapilot says:

What’s really amusing is when a few girls post their story of woe on a website expecting to get treated like the near-royalty that they clearly think they are, and instead get the complete smackdown I think they really needed to bring them back down to reality.

Get over yourselves.

124. evixir says:

@K-Bo: That is the longest nonsensical sentence I have ever seen in my life.

125. unklegwar says:

“no one looked like us except us.”

Funny. Same thing applies to me! I look just like me, everytime I look!

Friggin snotty stuck up $#*@$s