Small Child Does Accurate Impression Of Father On The Phone With The Cable Company

Reader B writes:
My friend, a massage therapist, had this forwarded to him by a client. The kid in the video is her great-nephew. According to my friend, “it’s hilarious that the only thing you can clearly make out is him saying “bullshit””.

Comments

1. Caduceus says:

They are wee little adorable sponges, are they not?

2. ClayS says:

I’m thinking it’s really an old home video of Ben Popken.

3. Pupator says:

That is funny, funny stuff.

4. LionelEHutz says:

Keeping appointment times is for the little people.

5. PinkBox says:

@ClayS: Lawl!

6. attackgypsy says:

Well, as I work for a cable company, I can tell you why they always ask for a number.

Verification.

We’re told to verify EVERYTHING. People change numbers. People call from work. Sometimes the caller ID just doesn’t work, and shows a 0 for the number.

I’d say ours works properly about 60-70% of the time.

And that was adorable.

7. Antediluvian says:

I expected to see a video of a kid who answered a telemarketing call from the cable company, and they then accepted the kid’s incoherent babbling as “yes, I would like to subscribe to your most expensive offering.”

That would have been even funnier. And yet, also sadder.

8. RagingBoehner says:

@Antediluvian: Many many years ago when I was in elementary school I switched our family’s phone subscription to a scam company that ended up charging a ridiculous per minute rate. I obviously had no idea what I was doing; it ended up getting solved through the state’s attorney’s office. Oops.

9. theblackdog says:

*dies laughing*

10. Benstein says:

That video was pretty epic.

11. cooler_dood says:

that’s pretty cute and funny.

good job.

12. Laughed so hard I woke up my husband and BOTH my dogs.

Guess I’ll need to be careful in front of the little ones, next time I have to call Verizon.

13. bbbici says:

Wow, i guess you have to have kids to appreciate that. Pretty damn lame.

14. Antediluvian says:

@RagingBoehner: Quick! Post the youtube video via that neato new feature! :-)

15. Cowboys_fan says:

That was the dumbest thing I’ve seen today

16. jdelamater says:

@BBBIBI
    I’m with you. The kid was cute, but that was a complete was of 2 minutes in my life. Perhaps when I have kids that’ll change.

17. Razzler says:

Ah yes, “my friend’s client’s great-nephew.”

18. KogeLiz says:

I hope next time there’s a post of a flash animation puppy barking at a Best Buy customer service rep. which may or may not be real.

19. aro says:

my favorite is when he climbs on the couch. so adorable.

20. Amelie says:

While I have a genuine soft spot in my heart for children – given my profession – watching videos like this is akin to looking at someone’s Precious Moment’s collection. Sorry, but I’m not into “cute.”

21. tk427 says:

This reminded me of the little kid in Hanging Up trying out his new phone while imitating his drunken grandpa.

“Cleo, answer the goddam phone!”

22. randombob says:

*yawn.*

WHY did I waste 2 minutes watching that, when other people who hate “cute” like I do told me not to waste 2 minutes of my life watching it?

You were all right. If you hate “cute” as a selling point for shit, move on to the next entry…

23. Aphex242 says:

Yeah that whole “Caller ID” thing is quite possibly one of the dopiest things you can say.

A. It’s not what you’re upset about.
    B. It makes the tone of the call argumentative for no reason.
    C. It shows what a douchebag you are.

24. iskandertime says:

Ah yes, he’s a douchbag for wanting some customer service and not wanting to waste any more of his time with a jackass company that has already demonstrated that they don’t care about him, his time, or his business.

25. bunch.of.wackos says:

@aphex242: Exactly what I was planing to say … even if they have caller ID they can’t just assume you are calling from the phone they have listed… I mean people have phones in their offices too. That goes along the lines of expecting the rep to remember your name out of 1000 customers

26. Aphex242 says:

@iskandertime: But you miss the point… he IS wasting his OWN time by bitching about a tangential issue that is totally irrelevant and only underscores what a pain in the ass he is. It’s not like the rep on the other end is like “Well we were gonna get caller ID but since I’m the CEO I voted it down so gosh sorry”. The guy has no control whatsoever over what technology is in use and is trying to do his job. Yeah, got it, the company sucks in this case, but venting over unrelated crap is *never* going to solve your issue. Stick to the problem, don’t invent new ones.

27. create says:

@attackgypsy:

indeed, if we don’t verify phone, address, and identify the caller, we get in trouble

i would say 6/10 times i take a call i can pull an account from caller id, but people call from cell phones, track phones, friends phones, work phones, even pay phones… and even if i can pull an account from cid, i am not to assume it is accurate until the caller confirms i am looking at the right account, it isn’t too hard to spoof your caller id anymore