Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds

Here are five special photos that readers added to the The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, chosen because they’re both neat and could possibly be used in a Consumerist post. Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Caption: “Wal-Mart is a popular place to shop for last second Valentine’s Day cards.”

(Photo: msmail)

crushsoda.jpg

(Photo: themikepark)

shelbymall.jpg

(Photo: damageinc86)

insolence.jpg

(Photo: TheeErin)

detroitalley.jpg

(Photo: groovnick)

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Flickr Pool Find post.

Comments

1. mac-phisto says:

groovnick – that’s an awesome photo. the lighting is perfect.

2. Caduceus says:

Groovnik wins. Though Crush from mikepark is good too.

3. Dick.Blake says:

Insolence = for the bratty little girl in all of us.

What’s up with all the women buying V-Day cards? I thought men funded that holiday, with the axes hanging over their heads and whatnot.

4. mopar_man says:

@Dick.Blake:

I hate V-day and never support it. The wife asks why I never get her anything and I reply with the same question. She just shuts up and never mentions it again until the next year.

5. Groovnick says:

Thanks! Shot that in a Detroit alley a couple weeks back. It was cold and dark and had to hold the camera against a dumpster for about a second exposure. Surprising how much light there really is when your eyes think it’s pitch black.

6. bunnymen says:

I was going to buy my boyfriend a valentine to accompany the box of condoms I picked up, but the aisle was too crowded for me to comfortably shop. Sorry, boyfriend! No card for you – sex only.

7. nffcnnr says:

Groovnick’s pic is pretty sweet. it feels like i’m flying down that alley when i look at it.

8. nffcnnr says:

…or maybe it’s the Chantix.

9. Parting says:

Insolence is now available at Macy’s ;)
    Wow, what a surprise. Some companies are more honest that others =)

10. morganlh85 says:

I am so glad my fiance and I no longer do the card thing. “Let me find the perfect expression of love in someone else’s words.” Yeah, great idea. Instead we save the $4 x 2 for some liquor. Now THAT’S love.

11. Elle Rayne says:

I like the shot of the Mustang, but it reminds me of each time there’s no parking available because someone’s ego was so big they needed two parking spots.

12. morsteen says:

haha that’s funny but this is actually in an area that is only ever populated about every 6 months by someone trying to avoid normal parkers like this one. Usually deserted area otherwise. Plus it’s only one parking spot if you look closely ;-)