Call Center Call Customer "Little Girl" For Not Buying Computer

In this supposedly real call leaked from a Panamanian call center, a call center rep mocks a customer when he decides not to buy a new computer because it doesn’t come with speakers, calling him a “little girl” and a “little pussy girl.” Whether it’s real or not, it doesn’t really matter, it’s funny. Transcript inside…

ROBERT: Thank you for choosing _ my name is Robert, what can I do for you today?

CUSTOMER: Yeah, I’m calling about the computer that’s on sale for 999 on a flyer that came in the newspaper.

ROBERT: Mhmm.

CUSTOMER: And I would like to order that one.

ROBERT: Ok, let me confirm everything with you. We have a Paintingum 4 processor, 520 with h2 terminal 2.8 gigahertz, DVD player in the first bay and a free CD boner in the second bay… no floppy drive. You wanna add a 3 and half floppy drive?

CUSTOMER: Will this not do a disk? If I want it to put something on a desk will this not do it?

ROBERT: Yeah actually we recommend you the floppy because it’s only thirty dollars. Three zero.

CUSTOMER: Oh, okay, no I don’t want that.

ROBERT: Ok, are you sure you want to do that? Because the future is gonna cost more money. K, uh, no speakers.

CUSTOMER: Speakers don’t come with it?

ROBERT: No sir. It’s not on the flyer.

CUSTOMER: Hmm. Ok, well let me read it a little bit better and I’ll call back.

ROBERT: Why? You have the flyer in front of you?

CUSTOMER: Yes.

ROBERT: Then why you call me back, it’s bad for me, you call me again again again, and it’s only gonna be back.

CUSTOMER: I didn’t realize it didn’t have speakers and I don’t want to have to order speakers for this price, so I’ll just look somewhere else and find me another computer.

ROBERT: Oyyyyyyeeeee. I can’t believable. Like a little girl. I can believable. Only for speakers. Go ahead, little girl. Little pussy girl. Get out of here. Get out of here. Get out of here.

CUSTOMER: Lemmie lemmie lemmie talk to your manager.

ROBERT: Little girl. Little girrrrrrlll. You a little girl little girl little girl little girl little girl little girl.

CUSTOMER: Are you going to let me talk to your manager?

ROBERT: Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyehhhhhhhhh. Little baby girrllllllll. Little hooo-ker. Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh.

Comments

1. B says:

Well, the caller is obviously a little girl for not buying it. Who passes on a computer with a free CD boner?

2. homerjay says:

Doesn’t really matter if its real or not, that was funny stuff.

3. snoop-blog says:

@B: lmao! too frikin hilarious!

4. darkclawsofchaos says:

@B: I wouldn’t, cuz it will only end up fucking you all the time and screwing you when you least expect it.

5. floyderdc says:

I don’t understand why he would ask to talk to his manager. Who in there right mind would let someone talk to there boss after calling them a “pussy girl”. I think I would have said something like “No you can’t talk to my manager douche!”

Sigh

6. ClayS says:

That was so well done!

7. Pasketti says:

Tried to sell him a floppy, too.

I can’t remember the last time I needed a floppy for anything except reading old archived stuff. If you don’t have any old floppies hanging around, you’ll never need one.

8. chrisfromnl says:

You mean this isn’t how the rep is supposed to act?

9. Javert says:

Wow. That was funny. I liked the animation to the story. Sound of like the WoW onyxia raid video (even if you don’t play video games, freaking hilarious).

Each Friday something would like this should be posted to kill a few more minutes until the weekend.

10. fuzzycuffs says:

I can believable!

11. clocker says:

I wish my PC had a “CD boner”…Newegg doesn’t seem to even carry them yet.
    I’d have passed on the speakers anyway but not getting the $30 floppy drive, well, that’s just stupid- how’s the boner supposed to work if it can’t get floppy?

12. humphrmi says:

Boy, I’m glad I’m working from home today. That was hilarious.

13. PigsnBacon says:

Let’s just say I was working for the company in this department when this came out years ago and the company was pissed. We were forwarding it around internally and um people who did that were in trouble.

Many sites that it was on were ordered to take it down so I’m not surprised the name is blanked here.

Let’s just say the VP of the department also considered the panama call center a failure for sales.

And yes, it is real. (I’m on the internets, how could you not believe me?)

14. Genocyde says:

That’s a pretty weak FoneJacker rip. :/

15. Trai_Dep says:

Lil’ girl… Lil’ gurrrrl… Lil’ Hoooooooker…”

YouTube gods, I prostrate myself in admiration. Bravo! Encore!!

16. BugMeNot2 says:

It was funny, but I have to disagree with the “Whether it’s real or not, it doesn’t really matter, it’s funny.”

With this being a consumer protection site, it kind of does matter if it’s real or not. If real, that’s outrageous. If not real, then presenting it on the site, even as ‘alleged’, doesn’t really help in taking consumerist.com serious as a source for information. It becomes just another aggregation site, like the other fifty million out there.

Of course, with the advent of youtube linking in comments, and the fwd:fwd:Fwd:THIS IS REALLY TRUE state of stories of late, maybe this site does just want to be one of the multitude.

17. shan6 says:

Little Hooker

Thats amazing!

18. warf0x0r says:

That’s hilarious. I’m sorry I would have just burst out laughing and kept the guy on the phone to “insult” me more. At this point have a field day with this idiot see how long you can keep him on the phone. Better yet, call back and play the “Meow” game.

19. KogeLiz says:

@BugMeNot2: I agree with you.

20. homerjay says:

@BugMeNot2: Well, it would be nice if we knew one way or the other, but if it turned out to be fake, I wouldn’t be irked at this site for posting it. Some days ya just have to lighten up a little.

21. csavino3 says:

Oh, it’s real alright. It’s just that the Consumerist team and this YouTube author took almost 3 years to post it, since the call is from 2005.

22. fluiddruid says:

Look on the comments on Digg – this is a real call to Dell inbound sales. (There’s a link to a longer version.)

23. bombaxstar says:

HAHAHA wowwww.

24. deadlizard says:

It’s a cultural thing. Buyers without cojones are taunted like that everyday in Latin America.

25. Peeved Guy says:

I would have caved. Probably would have bought two after he called me a little hooker girl.

26. adrock75 says:

can’t…….stop……watching….over and….over

27. since when did best buy start taking orders over the phone?

28. stacye says:

@homerjay: I would bet that it is real. I used to work in QA for a rather large ISP, and I was able to listen to and save previously recorded phone calls.

This is pretty light compared to some of the things I have heard – which is sad. Once I listened to a support agent talk like he was pretending to be retarded to a customer, because he couldn’t understand her. I’ve also heard an agent pick up the phone, give the “Thank you for waiting, one of our agents will be with you shortly,” and then put her back on hold. He did this for about 10 minutes, all while she was saying “I know you’re a real human being; stay on the phone.” She finally hung up.

29. pemarsh says:

this is just funny!!! LMAO!!! the video and audio are just too funny!!

30. jaks says:

I’ve had a similar experience with Dell sales. I called to ask a question about a laptop I saw on the website. After I got my question answered I was going to purchase it online. The sales guy was so mad that I “wasted” his time that he yelled at me for five minutes. I like Dell but some of their sales people really suck.

31. mkt3000 says:

Wow… this sounds like the Dell rep I first dealt with when I moved to PR… seriously.

32. Asterchild says:

Wow! Made my day! Gotta love cheap computers and the customers that are drawn to them. Apparently little girls and little hookers are drawn to cheap computers too.

33. forgottenpassword says:

LMAO! Hilarious! Whoever put the video together did a fantastic job!

Yep! You are a little girl if you dont buy what a salesmen is pitching. “Unbelievable!”

34. pigeonpenelope says:

they sell cd boner’s at best buy?

35. waldy says:

And oh, loving the fact that “little girl” was used as an insult. So very PC.

36. forgottenpassword says:

car salesmen in panama must be a real piece of work!

37. n/a says:

OMG OMG OMG a Penteeum 4, jesus I hear those things run circles around a AyemDee processor, and can run crysis at full settings too.

38. humphrmi says:

@PigsnBacon: If it’s for real, I hope heads rolled and people lost their jobs. I weep for the girly-girl who is now probably a hooker. I am still waiting for my CD Boner.

39. Elle Rayne says:

If this is a real call, it’s pretty lame, but not too interesting. The YouTube video sucks. I hate the “crayon scrawls” over the images-yet it’s a common thing on these “humorous” videos.

40. ShadowFalls says:

Wow… this must be an old call because that computer is really, really overpriced. You could certainly do better elsewhere. Hell, these days, most just have the speakers as part of the monitor (not all so great, but they work)

As for a floppy drive, if you need one, you can always grab an external, otherwise grab a thumb drive.

Though I would like to say this is not true, it is hard to say with people these days.

Though last time I checked, insulting someone wasn’t a good way to go about selling stuff. Should have just thrown in some speakers and he would have had a sale. Cheapie speakers would have been what? a $5 loss at most to them?

41. ju_ju_eyeball says:

How can a company be called an U.S. company when it only hires foreign workers from foreign companies. The government should tax corporations for every single foreign worker so it is cheaper to higher U.S. citizens. As you can see, foreign workers could care less about your customer service and only care about call ratings: “This looks bad on me…” WTF?

42. cooler_dood says:

lol I CAN BELIEVABLE

43. Auntie M. says:

If this is Dell it doesn’t surprise me. I recently spent about an hour on the phone with India – I thought it was just the monitor power cord that needed to be replaced, and kept asking for them to send me a new cord. The rep told me to hold for his manager – she had me swap out cords and it turned out it was the monitor. She scolded me, saying “And you were SO sure it was the cord!” She also warned me that the new monitor “probably wouldn’t arrive” because I was having it sent to my work address and not my home. (The latter was because she didn’t speak good enough English to understand my spelling of my company address, but she had my home address on the screen in front of her.)

44. bunch.of.wackos says:

1st this is real… I work for QA in a computer company (not Dell), this call was leaked about 1.5 years ago… the video is staged (obviously)

2nd the call was from Dell … this is the time of the “Dell Hell” and they’ve come a long way since.

now for those who claim this happened solely because the service was outsourced are terribly wrong … in the time I have audited service I’ve come across all sorts of people (foreign and from U.S.) and many people really care for the customer and only some really don’t care
    To finish some career paths (like sales) are very heavy on numbers and this causes some people to react badly to the “economically challenged” that make their work harder, remember after all we are all humans and care first about our problems and then last about the next guy …

45. thalia says:

Is it just me, or does the rep sound just like the guy from The End of the World?

46. drjayphd says:

@nursethalia: Meanwhile, during this entire video, Australia’s down there like “WTF, mate?”

47. rayraysz says:

My husband worked at Dell during the fun Dell Hell times and this happened when he was there – the guy was in Panama.

God bless you nursethalia for reminding me about The End of the World. How I love thee…