Comcast loses subscribers, gains income. [AP]

Comments

1. theblackdog says:

Gee, the only reason they have gained income is because they keep raising their prices, and people who either have no other option, or are too foolish to jump ship keep on paying them.

2. @theblackdog: Sounds ALMOST correct to me. There’s something else in there that’s somehow giving them increased income, I just can’t figure it out.

3. GearheadGeek says:

Actually the article only states that the number of “basic” subscribers and of circuit-switched (POTS) voice customers decreased. The other metrics were gains that were less than the gains in the same category in 2006. e.g. “The company added 1.2 million revenue generating units – the number of services sold and a key metric of performance – down from 1.6 million in 2006.” This says that they added 1.6 million units to some unspecified total in 2006, and a further 1.2 million units to their total in 2007, not that they lost 0.4 million revenue units.

4. jarchie219 says:

Maybe their main problem is that they think of us as ‘revenue units’.

5. MYarms says:

Hmmm that’s not surprising seeing as how they send out old and broken cable boxes to people who request new ones and don’t fix things like their company vans. Oh the dirt I know on Comcast. Perhaps someday I’ll write an insider story on it.

6. Chigaimasmaro says:

Ha, what was interesting is that there’s no mention of upgrading network capacity or any other substantial upgrades to their service. Sounds like American business as usual, not investing money back into the company, but keeping it instead.

@jarchie219: Yeah, I enjoyed that comment too. Being called “revenue units”, it just makes one feel ultra special.

7. georgiadog says:

I’ve finally had enough of comcast decreasing the number of channels I get yet raising the prices at least once a year. When I called to cancel my service, the customer no-service rep who answered the phone starts giving me the third degree over why I am leaving. GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH! I wouldn’t wish this company on my worst enemy.