It may not be too late to take your sweetie to a candlelit dinner at White Castle on Valentine’s Day. Reservations are required. [White Castle]

Comments

1. B says:

Forget Valentine’s day. If you want to be really romantic, have your wedding reception there.

2. Who let this secret out of the bag? If you are really nice to the cashier they will turn the other cheek when you bring in a bottle of Boone’s Farm in a brown bag.

3. char says:

that is truly brilliant marketing.

4. evilhapposai says:

Nothing says love like the gift of diarrhea. Who in their right mind would get sliders for Valentine’s day?

5. Morton Fox says:

I went with a friend to a Thai restaurant in Brooklyn. It was a candlelit restaurant. The light was so dim that we could hardly see the food and I had a hard time taking a digital photo of the food. (I have a collection of food photos and I also share some of them with Consumerist.)

So at that time, I mentioned to my friend the irony that in fancy candlelit restaurants where the food is good and we actually want to see the food, the light is poor, whereas in fast food restaurants where we aren’t so interested in seeing the food, the restaurant is well-lit. So if White Castle goes all dark and candlelit, can I have some bright fluorescent lighting at the Thai restaurant? :)

6. Ayo says:

Haha, I saw this on SlickDeals, it was a reply to a poster that posted a V-day dinner at Ruths Chris.

I would love to know the amount of people that actually participate in this V-Day dinner. Lets ask White Castle for some numbers.

7. justbychance says:

Just remember – Hold the onions…..

or you and your significant other will have to draw straws to see who gets to use the loo first.

8. Kurtz says:

Here ya go:
    [gothamist.com]

9. MissPinkKate says:

We went last year, and we’re going again this year!

10. Szin says:

I still think this is a brilliant idea from White Castle. It’s just too funny not to do it, at least once.

11. JDAC says:

@loogee: OK, now I can put my mind at ease. I had my first “real” White Castles a couple of weeks ago and regrettably didn’t hold the onions…

12. ToadKillerDog says:

We are soooooo going tomorrow. Nothing says I love you quite like sharing sliders.

Really, we are going tomorrow.

13. lightmanjk says:

So funny. I drove by a White Castle last week and say that they had changed the sign out front to read, “Make your Reservations for Valentines Day.” Here I thought it was a rogue employee… interesting to find out what is really behind it. Fun marketing!

14. Rectilinear Propagation says:

Anyone know if Krystal’s does the same thing?