National Pancake Day! Free Pancakes Today Only At IHOP

Hey there hungry, broke people: A free short stack of pancakes can be yours today from 7am to 10pm at IHOP.

They’re suggesting you to donate what you would have paid for the pancakes to the Children’s Miracle Network, and are hoping to raise $750,000.

That’s nice. Yum, pancakes. Our recommendation is to go early before the tables get so sticky that you become a permanent part of the furniture.

National Pancake Day [IHOP]
(Photo:Morton Fox)

Comments

1. B says:

It’s the end of Mardi Gras, right?

2. Quellman says:

@B: Ended the 05 Feb.

3. RenardRouge says:

Mardi Gras was last Tuesday. We’re in Lent now.

4. wrongneighborhood says:

oh. that’s why there was a reporter from Channel 5 in NY outside of the ihop near my house. I was wondering why ihop was newsworthy. I assumed food poisoning at 6 a.m.

5. B says:

@Quellman: That’s what I thought, but free pancake day is typically on Fat Tuesday. Further research reveals that they delayed free pancake day by a week so as to not interfere with Super Tuesday.

6. Anonymous says:

Add some Outback fries and a big butt burger for the trifecta of death.

7. DrGirlfriend says:

They moved it to today because of Super Tuesday primaries. [www.marketwatch.com]

8. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

@chrono72: Was that Mike Woods? I saw him reporting from an IHOP on Good Day NY today.

9. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

I’d say free pancakes makes this Tuesday pretty super!

10. chiieddy says:

Our local IHOPs are the nastiest places (dirty) with the worst service. You wouldn’t catch me dead in there.

11. chiieddy says:

@B: Mardi Gras is literally Fat Tuesday. It’s the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday and marks the start of Lent (go nuts before deprivation). So it’s actually just one day, and as @Quellman stated, was last Tuesday. :-)

12. theblackdog says:

It’s tempting to drop in and get some pancakes.

13. mynameisnate says:

Don’t forget to leave a little something something in the donation box by the cash register. The money goes to the local Children’s Miracle Network hospital. In LA that’s CHLA on Sunset and Vermont.

14. Meg Marco says:

Pancakes are cool for Lent, says my Mom.

15. Pixel says:

@chiieddy: That means more pancakes for the rest of us.

16. JackAshley says:

I wonder how many bums and homeless people will find out about this deal? Hobos lined up for miles… :)

17. StevieD says:

My IHOP went smoke-free. I visit often.

18. jackal888 says:

mmmm pancakes. one of the best foods ever made.

19. Scalvo2 says:

My IHOP gave me food poisoning.

20. DeltaPurser says:

Figures… I’m stuck at the ATL airport for the next few hours and there’s no IHOP in sight. Do they deliver?!?!?!?!??!?!

21. B says:

@StevieD: Is it sticky tables free?

22. TurboWagon00 says:

Free pancakes. $4 for a glass of orange juice. Do the math.

23. lalawgirl says:

this sort of stuff drives me nuts. IHOP, just donate the $750,000 to the charity. While you’re at it, IHOP should donate all they money it spent on its PR team for this event.

24. Morton Fox says:

I had the free pancakes again this year for lunch. The wi-fi internet wasn’t working though.

25. CyGuy says:

Can anyone explain to me free pancakes would interfere with SUper Tuesday? Free beer day, I could see might be problematic, but at least around here schools close on election days so it seems to me this is a way for them to keep kids from taking part in Free Pancke Day.

26. Dilbitz says:

I wish there were more than one IHOP in my area. I’d hit them all. Free short stacks all day! Like Baskin-Robbins free cone day. I hit the 8 just in my city. I eat mine, and then share with my daughter since she can’t eat all hers. Whoo-hoo! Yes. I don’t give a crap about my health.

27. forgottenpassword says:

I emailed the tip in…. yet got no credit. :( Ya bastids!

Anyways… I always hit it at 7am every year. The very minute those free pancakes are available …never crowded that way. Tip…. might want to bring your own syrup as ihop’s syrup (at least where I am) is a bit watery.

28. GOKOR says:

How come I never hear about these free promotions until either the next day, or the end of the day?

I didn’t even find out about 7/11’s free slurpee day until about 11PM that night and wasn’t up for driving all the way out to a store for a small slurpee. They need ot make a big deal out of all this stuff, HUGE ad campaigns to let people like me, who aren’t cheap, but would love to save a buck or two on a cool deal.

29. starbreiz says:

So… coincidentally, I ate lunch at ihop today with coworkers, and just now saw this. Neither the hostess nor the waitress made any mention of this. And all but one of us had breakfast. Were all stores participating?

30. StevieD says:

@B:

Sticky tables? Yea, IHOP has some of them. Seats are sticky as well. Never sit a table that was previously occupied by a family of 5 with 3 kids under the age of 6.

31. coold8 says:

I went there tonight, got my free pancakes. I will impressed, no questions asked, just said I want the free short stack, waiter asked water to keep it free? I denied, and got a orange juice, and no consumerist, I did not give in, I enjoyed my orange juice and pancakes for a rock bottom price of $2

32. Rusted says:

@chiieddy: Wouldn’t want to. A corpse can go a long way to putting me off my feed.