Direct Number For UPS Claims Department

If they’ve lost a package and are getting the runaround from regular customer service, and don’t feel like communicating with them by letter as they seem to prefer you do, here’s the secret direct number for the UPS claims department: 877-524-4498.

(Photo: mroach)

Comments

1. consumeristReader says:

How relevant for me as they just lost a package of mine “MERCHANDISE IS MISSING”. But, what can you do with this number? If they lost your package, there really isn’t much they can do.

2. JustaConsumer says:

I never use UPS. They have lost my shipments. Misplaced my shipments for weeks. Finally, they just stole the contents. FedEx works great.

3. Lady Caca says:

This is not a secret direct number. I work for UPS technical support and I walk people through filing claims on our website all day. Claims over the phone are handled by customer service and their number is 1-800-742-5877. This number takes you to the same queue.

4. SwapMeet says:

Another UPS’er here. We have several different phone numbers and they all go pretty much to the same place, just different call center depending on where you’re located, call volume, etc.

5. TheUncleBob says:

Anyone have a customer service number for someone high up on the customer service scale? I have a constant shipping problem with UPS that I’d like to get solved and I constantly get no where with the normal route.

6. Anonymous says:

UPS is the worst, I made the mistake of shipping a Mac G5 UPS with insurance. They damaged it so badly the entire frame was bent and cables were broken off inside from hard drives. Of course they are denying my claim stating insufficient packing materials. UPS SUCKS

7. Anonymous says:

i sold a item on ebay it cost me 14.23 for shipping and handling, she desided she didnt want it and now they want 45.00 to mail it back ups ground, i cant even find a number where you talk to a person on ebay,or ups everything is a machine, this tells me you can beat whoever you want to through the mail.

8. Anonymous says:

If you shipped through a UPS Store, don’t be shocked when the person on the end of this number tells you that they won’t discuss the matters of your claim with you…only the store. I only hope that anyone’s elses local store managers actually WORK and call you back when you call them. I’ve been waiting on a claim for over a month now, can’t even get the local store owner to call not just myself back…but UPS Corp. has commented on having left him several voice messages and he wont call them back either. Just dandy.

9. Anonymous says:

Anyone know how to contact people higher up than customer service? I’ve been getting the run around on my damaged package for 2 months now.

10. Anonymous says:

I got my Xbox back from the Microsoft Repair Center (another topic entirely) and the case is cracked. M$ says it was UPS fault and if UPS doesn’t handle it they won’t. UPS tells me they need to take the package without a claim # given and that they will not contact me again regarding the status of the claim only the shipper… They could not tell I would get it back if they deny the claim…

11. edd henderson says:

Love this one! I got a damaged UPS package, and I went to the website to report the damage and make a claim. When I entered the same tracking number I used to confirm delivery, the webpage says “sorry, invalid tracking number.” That certainly is an effective way to prevent claims!