Men's Wearhouse Can't Help You, Get Out

Clint at Seattlest went shopping for a suit for his wedding. The wedding isn’t until August, but he and his beyonce just wanted to see what Men’s Wearhouse had to offer. Mostly, they had to offer a really rude sales clerk who told them to get out of her store and come back in the summer when they were ready to shop.

“B” is the sales lady, and “S” is Seattlest:

B: What color do you want? Grey? Black?

S: Brown, actually.

B: Brown. That’s a different choice for a wedding.

S: That’s the idea.

B: Light brown? Dark brown? Tan?

S: Dark brown.

Bitchy pulls out a black pinstriped suit and brandishes it at us.

B: This is dark brown. Is this what you’re thinking?

It isn’t. It’s black.

S: Well, not really.

con_thisparrotisnotdead.jpg
B: It’s dark brown. But we won’t have this in August.

She hangs the suit again and stares at us.

Seriously, sales clerk? You work at Men’s Wearhouse and have this attitude? This writer has personally hated Men’s Wearhouse ever since an aggressive employee tried to physically intimidate me into buying a jacket I didn’t like back in 2006. It was my second and last time to ever enter one of their stores. Oh, also their suits are gross.

(Thanks to James!)

“Men’s Wearhouse Presents: How to Lose Customers and (Negatively) Influence Sales” [Seattlest]
(Photo: Getty)

Comments

1. JustAGuy2 says:

Well, honestly, Men’s Wearhouse is a the Dollar Store of men’s clothing, so I’m not hugely surprised.

2. cobaltthorium says:

wow – reminds me of the “Suit You” sketch from the Fast Show

3. stephenjames716 says:

we all have our days…

4. Propaniac says:

His beyonce, eh? Lucky man.

5. missdona says:

His beyonce? There’s a new word for it now?

6. AdidasMJO says:

I’ve had nothing but great experiences at the Men’s Wearhouse, they were actually very friendly and knowledgable. I guess there are rotten apples in every bunch, and it sounds like this lady won’t be there much longer anyway. With an attitude like that, her commison job will be short lived.

7. sleze69 says:

@JustAGuy2: I can’t disagree more.

Although I would never buy a suit there (I live near a Syms), I have gotten nothing but FANTASTIC service when I go there. I usually will bring in the jacket of the suit I am planning on wearing to something and then they will painstakingly pick out shirts and ties of various matching or complimentary colors until I pick the shirt and tie that I want. That is a lot of time and service to just sell 1 shirt and 1 tie…and they never have a problem doing it.

I am sure that this guy had a horrible experience with a crappy salesperson who probably should lose their job but, in my experience, this is a great exception to the norm.

8. bohemian says:

The Men’s Warehouse here is extremely pushy and they appear to be very much on commission. Their entire start to finish practices are very directed at the sales person’s commission and making sure someone else doesn’t snipe your commission. They also try to make sure you come back to your same sales person next time.

We went in there once to buy a shirt and a tie since they have talls. It was incredibly high pressure, lots of upsells and they did everything to keep price out of the decision. My guess is since they made it clear they were not buying today the sales person saw them as a total waste of time and acted like an ass.

Jos A Bank is fairly high pressure but they were really nice about helping figure out sizes and offering to order items in to save shipping.

9. ptr2void says:

@AdidasMJO: Agreed. Although I’ve had just one occasion to visit them (I hate suits!), they were excellent to me. I visited in the late evening the day before I needed to travel to a wake. The salesmen were very helpful and arranged rush alterations in order for me to be able to pick up the suit the next morning.

10. missjulied says:

In my crowd, “biance” means boyfriend/fiance. Unless Clint is marrying a man or actually marrying Beyonce, I believe the term in this case should be “giancee”.

11. ShortBus says:

@bohemian: Yes, they even try to upsell you on a “deluxe” cedar hanger for your new suit. I think they wanted $20 for it? I’ll take the free plastic one that comes with it, m’kay?

12. Tallanvor says:

@JustAGuy2: Eh? I’ve always found Men’s Wearhouse’s products to be good quality and relatively reasonably priced. They definitely don’t qualify for a “Dollar Store” label.

I’ve never had a bad encounter with them, and I’ve bought a couple of suits and quite a few other clothes from them. And the ability to pick up a tux from one store and return it to any other store in the country came in quite handy!

13. scoosdad says:

Great picture in the middle of the quote! Very appropriate for that converstation.

[www.youtube.com]

14. forgottenpassword says:

I had two male smartass saleclerks crack jokes & told me to go to a notoriously cheap local retailer when I at an outrageous price for their leather coats. Miserable pricks!

15. SacraBos says:

I’ve bought suits there. The people that worked at the store near me where very helpful, attentive, and lived up to Zimmerman’s word. The clothes from the sport jackets to the tuxes where all good quality and reasonably priced.

Even when I go back to have my suits pressed for free (a service they provide), they are polite and helpful. They do try to sell you other additional things (shoes, socks, ties, etc), but I’ve never seen them high pressure.

16. forgottenpassword says:

@forgottenpassword:

should read “when I balked at an outrageous price..”

17. CharlieSeattle says:

Wow very strange, the last time I was there I had really good customer service. But you never know now days. I’ve gotten really good customer service at one place, come back a month later, and it’s like someone pissed off the whole store.

18. axiomatic says:

Commission sales. What a company does when they have too many middle managers who have met their “Peter Principle.”

19. econobiker says:

@bohemian: Wanted an economical suit (ie sales rack). MW salesguy fails to prequalify me and tries to up-sell me for about an hour with new suit deal plus shirts, multiple accessories- like $700 total. Walked out thanking him and knowing where I would go if I win a lottery.

Sadly, went to Walmart, got Chinese (slave labor?) made suit for $70. Probably would have spent double that at MW if they had shown me a suit below $200.

20. Kurtz says:

My experiences with Men’s Wearhouse have been mixed. It seems like the younger the sales clerk is, the more likely he/she is going to be aggressive and commission hungry. The older clerks seem to be more laid back and helpful.

21. godawgs7 says:

my routine: Go to Brooks Brothers and pick out the suit that I like. Mark down all the sizes / styles. Then go to Brooks Brothers outlet and get a nearly identical suit for 1/2 the price.

22. Tracy Ham and Eggs as played by Walter Mondale says:

@Kurtz: @axiomatic: God forbid a company pays for performance.

23. axiomatic says:

@Tracy Ham and Eggs as played by Walter Mondale: You can pay for performance other ways than high pressure commission sales. Think outside the box please.

24. bsalamon says:

Spend the extra hundred bucks and go to a family-owned suit store. Suits last twice as long, and shopping is a much better experience

25. ShadowFalls says:

@Tracy Ham and Eggs as played by Walter Mondale:

It is not about that really. If you piss someone off, you not only cost the company money, but the commission of someone else if they had come back. Word of mouth hurts companies. Think about this: If a person at a company is rude to you and you tell your family, they are not all so likely to shop there.

Now take it to this situation. If some has a wedding and many people needed to get suits for it, you just lost potential business that a competitor will now get, all because you could not take the time to help them. if people wanted to be treated like crap they would flush their faces in the toilet all day.

26. faust1200 says:

@bsalamon: I don’t think we have any family owned suit stores…::imagines:: “Jim’s Radiators, Bait N’ Tackle and Menswear”

27. brendanm14 says:

This suit is black….(pause)…..NOT

28. Travis Hudson says:

I despise Men’s Warehouse as well after being intimidated into buying a suit I didn’t want or need. And they refused to take back a tie I didn’t want because there was a strand of thread visible, even though it was still in the same bag they had put it in when I got it.

I hate it that I have to go back there sometime and get my jackets altered since I have lost weight. I think I’ll just get all liquored up and go so I will be more relaxed dealing with those assholes.

29. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

@ShadowFalls: See, the sales person doesn’t care if they lost sales for the store later on down the line. Even if you did come back with your whole wedding party to suits for everyone…they might not be the sales person on the floor that day. Comission sales people work month by month, those are the numbers they care about. Not what the total store does in a few months. Hell, they might not even be working there by then.

30. smitty1123 says:

That’s why I do all my shopping at Grace Brothers. Sometimes the clothing is a little big, but it does ride up with wear.

31. 3drage says:

Overpriced for what you get.

32. stinkingbob says:

I have bought all of my suits from Men’s Warehouse and have found that the staff is very nice and professional. They have been very helpful and have even called me at home to check and see how everything was doing with the suit.
    The employee was just a bad apple. Best thing for you to do is to email corporate. They will definitely look into it and call you back.
    Also, another great place for suits in Burlington Coat Factory. Their suits are 1/2 price of those from men’s warehouse.

33. JackAshley says:

@brendanm14: Ya beat me to it!

Let’s be a bit forgiving here…any sales environment is always a little bit hostile, especially when there’s comissions to be had. People can, and will be, jerks and they are bound to work everywhere, not just the lower-priced places like Men’s…

34. RRich says:

Zimmer has the worst rug. It’s so funny how they shoot the commercials so that the camera rarely goes above his forehead.

That said, I agree with the guy who recommended shopping at a family-owned store…. unless you live in Petticoat Junction or Mayberry, perhaps.

35. Whitey Fisk says:

I used Men’s Wearhouse for my wedding last summer and had a good experience with them. It’s difficult to cast aspersions at an entire company because of a single bitchy employee.

36. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

@stinkingbob: Burlington is a great store! Granted, for me it is often hit or miss, but all my coats, many of my boots, and all my sweaters are from there.

37. Hawkins says:

This is why I wear only overalls. I get ‘em at Sears. No pressure. No salespeople, really. I just take them to the hardware desk, and they ring ‘em up along with the ammunition.

38. thepassenger says:

MW is a store I tend to avoid. I don’t care for the clothing or the sales staff. The Brooks Bros. suggestion above is a good one, if you happen to have an outlet nearby, and you like your suits very conservative. The outlet prices may still be a bit high for some (not knowing Clint’s budget).

Lands’ End dress clothing is good quality, and the jackets and pants are sold separately so you can get a better fit. They run about $200-400 for both pieces. Banana Republic sells separates the same way, their stuff is a little more stylish than Lands’ End and a bit more expensive, say $400-500 for both pieces. It also tends to have a more modern (slimmer) cut, if that’s your thing.

I bought my own wedding suit from Lord & Taylor. I was visiting a friend in New York, so we went to the big store on 5th Ave. Told them I was only in town for a couple of days, they did the alterations in 24 hours, no extra charge.

39. Anonymous says:

This post is about one person’s experience with one bad employee. Mine have all been positive.

Recently I brought in a shirt to be tapered by their tailors. The salesperson took it and went over to get me a new, wrinkle free, pre-tapered shirt. Instead of charging me $18 for the tapering, he exchanged the brand new shirt for the 1+ year old shirt. No charge. He would have exchanged others, but they didn’t have matching colors. The free pressing is great too, especially after they clothes have been stuck in a suitcase for hours.

Regarding the sales experience, I know what I like/want. This helps and the sales staff actually saves me time by getting me to what I’m looking for quickly. They always make suggestions for other options I might not have considered, which I appreciate. Some I accept, but other I don’t. High pressure depends in part on a buyer’s attitude. If you don’t want it, just say no.

40. MercuryPDX says:

@smitty1123: Are you free Mr. Smittty1123?

41. CorporateTool says:

I was just at a wedding where the groomsmen’s suits were from Men’s Wearhouse. They made it clear that they wanted suits and ties, no vests. MW did NOT make it clear that the ties would be made for kindergarteners. So they had to keep their jackets closed all evening.

42. JustAGuy2 says:

@godawgs7:

I just buy them at Brooks. My sales guy calls me when the semi-annual sale is coming up, I tell him what I want, and he puts it aside. I also buy gift cards on eBay to get an extra 20% or so off. Usually get $900 suits for about $550 including tax.

43. Antediluvian says:

@godawgs7: Unfortunately, it seems these days the Brooks Bros outlets are no longer heavily discounted. The most I’ve seen off lately is maybe 25-33%. On some occasions, you can get bargains, but they’re just too rare to make it worth browsing regularly.

Which is a shame, since I love Brooks Bros suits and their non-iron shirts are top of the line (although LLBean’s are very nice too).

44. clevershark says:

I’ve only had good service at Men’s Wear House in the past, so this is surprising (but obviously not impossible). Mind you, this was in Manhattan back when Today’s Man was still in operation, so there was competition in the same narrow market back then.

45. kittenfoo says:

@rrich: i probably shouldn’t admit to knowing this, but petticoat junction took place in a town called “hooterville.”

46. Thirteen says:

I find customer service at Men’s Wearhouse questionable from my experience as well. Frankly, we had only needed to get our measurements since my to-be brother-in-law was going to pick up the suit from a vendor closer to the wedding site.

None-the-less, the kids who worked there were over-eager to take our measurement, which I assumed was the “easiest thing” to do around the store. in fact, three of their employees were helping us at one point. and of course, the manager comes over, talks to one of them, finds out that we were there only to get measurements that day and demanded them to “Stop wasting their time. Finish up and help the paying customers…”

uhm…excuse me? we obviously did not even consider getting a suit from them after that.

47. MoCo says:

Years ago, I purchased suits at The Mens Wearhouse, but no more. At Syms, I get equivalent quality merchandise for about the half the price of TMW. The only problem is that Syms does only basic tailoring, but even if you have to take the suit to an outside tailor, you’ll be way ahead of TMW.

48. @sleze69: We also have good experiences there (and ditto on the color-matching and tie-picking-outing). The store manager at ours has a particularly stylish eye and he gets my husband into some very chic and flattering tie-and-shirt combos he’d never pick out on his own.

We’ve never had a high-pressure pitch there. They’re also one of the few local stores where I can call ahead with my husband’s size, what kind of thing he’s looking for, and what time I think he’ll get there, and they’ll pull half a dozen suits and have them ready when he arrives.

I also have very good luck “haggling” there — I got a pair of suits retailing at $1450 for $700. Neither was on sale.

49. theblackdog says:

@smitty1123: It took 29 comments for a AYBS? reference? I thought consumerist readers were faster ;-)

50. theblackdog says:

I bought a suit nine years ago from the Mens Wearhouse, it was a very pleasant experience, and it still looks great.

51. Bay State Darren says:

B: This is dark brown. Is this what you’re thinking?

It isn’t. It’s black.

He should have immediately launched into Spinal Tap on this one:
    It’s like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none, none more black. It’s like a black mirror… you can see yourself… in both sides.

52. deserthiker says:

Men’s Wearhouse? I wouldn’t even consider setting foot in one of those places. I wear nothing but fine Italian suit by Brioni, Armani and Zegna. It’s not easy finding those great items at the places I shop but if you keep going back to thrift stores you never know what might turn up.

53. bostonmike says:

Some men know which suits fit them well (or will with the usual alterations) and some don’t. If you can’t tell, then you’re relying on the salesperson. And if it’s a bad salesperson, then they can’t tell either. Men’s Wearhouse has a surprising number of such employees, and the reason that they’ll say thing like “we can’t help you if it’s this far before your wedding” is because they know that you’ll only be happy with what they pick out for you if you’re desperate.

If you can find a good salesperson, or if you don’t need the salesperson, some of the stock at Men’s Wearhouse is ok. But some of it is real crap, so a bad salesperson can really put you into a terrible suit there.

54. crackers says:

My only experience at Men’s Wearhouse was pretty similar. My husband and I were looking for a suit for our wedding – he wanted something modern that didn’t break the bank. Well, MW doesn’t really “do” modern, but our sales guy forced him to try on a god-awful double-breasted, pleated number that made him look like Tweedle Dum. I asked the salesman for anything that was unpleated or even less heavily pleated, and perhaps with a lower rise on the trouser, and he quite literally YELLED at me, “THEY DON’T MAKE SUITS LIKE THAT.” Apparently not at MW, they don’t. We found a smashing suit at Filene’s Basement, SANS PLEATS, for a similar price.

55. BStu says:

Its funny, because I just went looking for a brown suit at TMW last week. The salesperson just came out and said they didn’t have any. Probably helped that I was already buying another suit when I asked (and for that I was shown a wrong color, admitedly). I mean, they are a little pushy, but never rude in my experience. If anything, they are over-the-top accommodating, but they’ve always still been that way when I’ve declined the 42 things other than a suit they try to get me to buy.

Only problem I ever had was when I bought a suit and someone put it back on the rack instead of directing it to their tailor. Got free tailoring out of it, though only after I wrote to complain that no effort was made to make up for the mistake initially.

56. oeolycus says:

I accompanied my dad once to a MW and while he was shopping for a new suit, I tried on some corduroy jackets. They didn’t have any in my size, so an employee offered to have them ship one over. I said he didn’t have to go to that trouble, he said it was no problem.

When my dad goes to buy the suit, it’s twice as much as he expected to pay. WELL–they had added the corduroy jacket to his bill. We told them that was a big mistake, and they backed down–but still…way sneaky.

To be fair, my previous experiences have been reasonable and they’ve tailored old suits that don’t fit me anymore for free. Big plus for that.

57. Dancing Milkcarton says:

Last year I went to buy a sport coat only, and ended up being absolutely piled on to buy pants, or a tie, or a shirt. I explained to them at least 10 times I was there to just get the sport coat only. They still didn’t let up.

I’ll never shop there again.

58. I went to have a suit tailored once, and again to shop for dress shoes, and got leaned on pretty heavy to buy something else while I was there both times.

Later I was in the bridal party for a wedding in Florida (as an “attendant,” don’t ask). My tux matched the groomsmen’s and was being rented from Mens Warehouse.

When I went to pick it up, I noticed two things:
    1. The tux rental section of Mens Warehouse was hastily tacked on, staffed separately from the sales floor, and obviously poorly run
    2. The salespeople knew this and generally ignored you if you were there to pick up a rental. Not quite to the point of rudeness, but close.

Everyone had problems with their rentals. No shirts, wrong ties, something or another for everyone. In the end though it was nice being able to pick the tux up in Northern Virginia but return it in Orlando Florida. That was about the only nice part.

I try not to shop MW. High pressure sales tactics make me freak out, and when I have to shop for menswear, it’s due to an extreme need that getting pressured will derail.

59. ekthesy says:

@MercuryPDX:

“I’M freeeeeeee!” (“Mennnnswear.”)

60. justrick says:

Had a similar experience years ago at the Men’s Wearhouse in Novi, MI. Haven’t been back since. The sales guy was a serious jerk.

61. TVarmy says:

That place has gone downhill since Michael Scott left.

62. RRich says:

@kittenfoo: I know. I actually wrote that in my post, then changed it before I hit “submit”.

LOL!

63. RRich says:

@MoCo: I’m with ya on Syms, but also recommend looking for outlets and the like.

There’s usually a “fashion” district in most larger cities, too.

64. upokyin says:

@smitty1123: I find that they’re also very diligent about measuring my inside leg.

65. dlayphoto says:

Men’s Wearhouse saved my ass last winter.

I flew into Des Moines for my fiancee’s Winter Formal at her school. I needed a suit ASAP, so we went to Men’s Wearhouse in West Des Moines to see if they could fit me into a suit on short notice. They did, and had my suit fitted, altered and ready to wear the next day.

If Francine Karshbaum @ the West Des Moines location is reading this…THANK YOU!

66. spinachdip says:

@brendanm14: This suit is blacknot.

67. RvLeshrac says:

Didn’t feel like reading all the comments, but in case no one else said it, it is pointless to waste the salesperson’s time if you aren’t buying. If you aren’t buying immediately, or in the near future, you need to let them know that at the beginning of the conversation. They work on commission, so if they’re spending time with you, they’re liable to lose a sale to another salesperson.

It is also pointless to go shopping for wedding gear until you’re close to the wedding – if you’re shopping in January for a suit you won’t need until August, you might gain weight, lose weight, etc. The suit probably won’t be there. The stock *will* change, they may sell it, and on and on. When you buy a suit at one of these stores, they’re going to make alterations to it. If you don’t like it in a month, tough, you’ve just wasted money.

All that said, of course, the OP was fairly clear on telling the salesperson that they weren’t interested in buying, so this was just a bad employee. Just keep in mind that that isn’t always the case, and frequently, people WILL waste the salesperson’s time for an hour or more, not buy anything, never plan on buying anything, and if enough individuals walk in and do this, people who DO want to buy will be forced to wait for ages before being served.

68. kostia says:

Men’s Wearhouse won my family over when my father (who is 6’5″) was able to be fitted at a store in Florida for a tux for my brother’s wedding in California, including huge shoes they had to get from a third store someplace else. They really went out of their way to accommodate them even for a two-day rental.

69. jimda says:

hey, i dont blame the salesperson, they are there to sell TODAY, not next august. these nitwits should go browsing, if a salesperson approches them say they are just looking. is the salesperson suppose to spend a hour with them and not make a sale?

70. Ben Clayton says:

@axiomatic:
    Thinking outside the box would be not using the term “thinking Outside The Box”

Thanks for playing.

71. zolielo says:

@ShortBus: Cedar keeps the bugs away, iirc.

Men’s Wearhouse has been great to me. They are right up there with Costco, Starbucks, Tiffany, and the lot of “good” firms.

72. jaya9581 says:

We went to MW once and only once, while looking for a suit for our wedding reception (privately eloped, then had a reception for family and friends). We wanted something that could be worn again, dark gray. We WANTED to just rent, but the prices at MW were outrageous. So then we looked for buying. Husband’s pretty tall with broad shoulders (think football d-line), and not only did they have a limited selection, the price was outrageous (for what we wanted) – $300 for just the suit, before any tailoring, a shirt, or anything. And the salespeople were very rude, particularly at the size we wanted, which wasn’t even that big – it’s not like my husband has to shop at special stores or get his clothes custom made!

We went down the street to a small local suit shop and ended up with the jacket, pants, a shirt, tie, and socks, AND tailoring (which they did same-day!) for $130. And it’s a beautiful suit, my husband’s worn it six or seven times, and wears the pants twice a week to work. I haven’t been back to MW since, and tell everyone I know to not go there.

On another note, it IS important to start looking for wedding attire early in the game. A good suit shop will, if you so choose, place your order for the suit and postpone the tailoring until 2 weeks before the wedding. There’s no reason this salesperson could not have been reasonable and helped them out – odds were if she played her cards right, she would have ended up with a sale.

73. weakdome says:

I have equally bad experiences at MW. They have very small selection in my size – 38 short, so the salespeople will try and high-pressure a sale by making me try on something I tell them I’m not crazy about, and then trying to insist that it’s “the latest style” and “looks really classy”.
    Sorry, but I’m a thin guy. I know that tailored, fitted suits look good on me – not shoulder pads and extra wide waists.
    I’m NOT shopping there anymore either.

74. matukonyc says:

The saleslady should have explained herself more tactfully, but she had a good point. Why look at winter suits for a summer wedding? That really doesn’t make any sense.

75. misstic says:

I fail to see how the salesperson was “bitchy”. Nor do I see how she failed to help them. This Consumerist title is hyperbole (again). Her response is being recounted by the customer – who knows how much it got contorted…..of course it makes for better reading this way.

I have no doubt that rude salespeople exist. Having worked in retail I know first hand. However, I have to give the salesperson the BOD (benefit of the doubt). This customer came into MW assuming he could just buy a summer suit in Jan/Feb. Obviously, the only “brown” option in stock was something very dark (hello, it’s winter!) and the salesperson is right – they won’t have that suit she pulled out in Aug. They will sell out/dispose of them to make room for new stock. It makes much more sense to shop closer to the wedding. If they plan on buying “off the rack”.

On the flipside – salesperson could have been a little more tactful and offered to find out what may be coming in down the road that’s more suitable.

I say this one is a 75/25 split with the majority of blame going to MW.

76. foxmajik says:

My beyonce came with a luci lu. I hope he got in on that deal.

77. ibuprofane says:

Everytime I’ve gone in a MW, it’s always been high pressure, and the people working there could care less about what you want.

I remember one time in particular, I was graduating from Business school and wanted an appropriately powerful business suit. What the sales person showed me was something straight out of the 80’s – heavy wool and plaid. When I asked for something more modern, I got the cold shoulder akin to other posters above me.

I ended up getting a nice Calvin Klein suit at the mall across the street.

78. @kostia:

Your father apparently had the exact opposite experience I did when renting a tux, although under similar circumstances.

@jaya9581:

Not to pick hairs, but a 130$ suit is great for wearing “six or seven times.” If your field of work requires wearing a suit every day or so, you’re better off spending twice that (but in my opinion, not much more). Your comment made me remember there IS a difference between a good suit and a wearable suit, and that’s something that hasn’t entered into the discussion so far.

79. sibertater says:

I think the real issue is that guy’s toupee. That think couldn’t look more unreal if he had a chin-strap.

80. spamtasticus says:

Related story:

I bought a suit for my wedding at Nordstroms. I then looked all over the place to buy the shirt I wanted to no avail. I, slightly embarrased, went to a Men’s Wearhouse as a last resort but could not find it there (ended up buying it ad Damiani for a mint). When in MW the lady asked me if I had a suit yet and I told her I did. She then said she could get me one much cheaper and I, who hate aggressive marketing, politely told her no. She insisted and for some reason I went along. I walked out with a suit I liked much more than the one I had bought at Nordstroms and for about 1/4th the price. Not really my type of store but I must say I was very happy. On an aside, Nordstroms honored their “we will take it back no questions asked” beautifully when it came to me returning the suit I had bought. Even though I returned that one I will be doing business with them often.

81. Anonymous says:

First of all, I think Beyonce has already married somebody. SECONDLY, I think that the person working there knows a little bit more about suits and their quality than you do. And finally, think about how dumb you sounded to the salesclerk. I would have told you to leave, personally. So think about it, sass pants!