Wondering how undersea cables in Asia recently interfered with AT&T’s network? Wired ran an excruciatingly detailed piece in 1996 by the hacker tourist that explains how the worldwide network of undersea cables—tubes, if you will—connects us to our friends halfway around the world. [Wired]
By consumeristcarey February 3, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Why Isn’t America Freaking Out About AT&T/DirecTV Merger — And Should We Be?
- 3 Of The Many Times The Big ISPs Have Tried To Have It Both Ways
- The HBO Now Announcement Shows Why Net Neutrality Is So Important
- ESPN Accounts For More Than $6 Of Your Cable Bill; Could Soon Top $8
- Charter To Acquire Time Warner Cable In $55B Deal