This year advertisers promise that SuperBowl ads will be “fun and nice,” as opposed to the slapstick humor and in-you-face quality of many ads last year. [NYT]

Comments

1. The Snickers one was real good where the guys kissed, and wasn’t the Rock Paper Scissor one last year also?

2. Nissan288 says:

Rock in face, scissors paper…Frankly I enjoy commercials like the snickers one, offensive or not. Super Bowl is the time to do stupidly insane and usually offensive adverts, good and bad, and never show them again. It’s why I watch the Super Bowl nowadays.

3. FLConsumer says:

::yawn::

4. mopar_man says:

Fun and nice = boring and crappy in my books. Looks like I have no reason to watch the Super Bowel this year.

5. headon says:

I’ve had enough nice bring on the raunch and violence.

6. BalknChain says:

So we don’t get Prince’s demon schlong halftime show or FedEx’s caveman murdering dinosaurs? FCC, you suck! Now we’re stuck watching just for the game. *sigh*

7. jaydez says:

I’m not a fan of football at all and I watch the Superbowl every year just for the commercials. Everyone at my party talks and doesnt pay attention to the game, we are there for the commercials. Sounds like this year is gunna suck.

8. chipslave says:

That weird beard commerical for Sierra Mist was awesome. I mean I won’t buy their crap, but it was still funny.

9. HRHKingFriday says:

Its ok, noone outside of the northeast is watching it anyways.

10. kimsama says:

Wow, I already had a reason not to watch (I don’t really want to see the Patriots win), and now I feel even more meh about it.

11. Rectilinear Propagation says:

Wasn’t the argument that they couldn’t complain about the half time show while airing ads that were just as raunchy (or whatever)?

So with the clean ads they can complain about the half time show without being hypocritical?

12. ExtraCelestial says:

@nissan288:
    The 11 yo boy in me laughed SO had at the rock paper scissors bit.

13. Mr. Gunn says:

HRHKingFriday: THIS

I hear there’s some football game on Bacchus Sunday…

14. theblackdog says:

@nissan288: I’ll just point out that a room full of gay men laughed at the Snickers commercial last year when the guys were tearing out their chest hair. I wish they hadn’t taken those down.

15. RandomHookup says:

BTW, it’s Super Bowl, not SuperBowl. We are slowly moving to complex compound words like the Germans…Beratungsleistungen und Softwarelieferanten. Dude, bitte.