President Bush is expected to use his State of the Union address to tell the Senate to STFU and pass the stimulus package already. [Associated Press]

Comments

1. savvy999 says:

If an uber lame duck President makes a SOTU address and nobody cares or listens, does it still count?

2. rhombopteryx says:

and to STFU and pass the warrantless wiretapping package already, and to STFU and pass the Iraq war $ already, and to STFU and pass medicare part D already (oh, that was several speeches ago,) and to STFU and pass the immigration bill already, and to STFU and pass his judges already…

As those examples (and the page after page of complaints on the earlier Consumerist stimulus post) suggest, maybe the Senate would be better off ignoring the prez. and passing a useful bill instead – or at least making up their own minds on what it should include.

3. Chaosium says:

BUT THIS WILL WOOOOORKKK GUYSSSSSS

He’s like Reagan with downs, I swear to god.

4. JMH says:

@Chaosium: LOL.

5. muddgirl says:

Bush’s speech writers must be phoning it in from the golf course:

Speechwriter, to secretary: Elaine, Elaine, can you hear me? Listen, I’ve got a big speech due tomorrow, and I missed my flight. Just bring up last week’s speech in word and use that Find and Replace dealy. Yeah, just search for “Iraq” and replace with “economy”. Search for “war spending” and replace with “stimulus package”. It’ll be fine – no one will notice.

6. mac-phisto says:

@muddgirl: i’m thinking they’ll replace “stimulus package” with something less likely to draw a snicker from the fratboy-in-chief.

7. m4ximusprim3 says:

@mac-phisto: They really need to devote a lil bush episode to him discovering the joys of “stimulus packages”, under the guise of some random erotic product. He’d use it once, and then again, and again untill it was completely ineffective.

Oh, and lots of “inflation” jokes, too.

8. Consumerist Moderator - ACAMBRAS says:

Ha! If I really thought the President was actually going to say the f-word, I would watch the address.

9. synergy says: