Airlines continue to hesitantly flirt with hefty fuel surcharges. Delta, Northwest, and Continental imposed a $20-$40 surcharge over the weekend after previous efforts by United, US Airways, and American failed to stick. Sidestep their pricey dance by purchasing airline tickets between Tuesday afternoon and Thursday evening. [Rick Seaney]
More From Consumerist
- Senator Calls For Investigation Into Why Airfares Increase While Costs Sink
- Delta, American, United & Southwest Face Passenger Lawsuits Over Alleged Collusion For Higher Airfares
- American Airlines Plans To Spend $2B Refreshing Planes, Lobbies
- Airline Performance Slips; Virgin America Named No. 1 For Third Time In Annual Airline Survey
- Why Are Gas Prices Falling, But Trash Collection Fuel Surcharges Staying The Same?