Bill Clinton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are teaming up to help poor Californians open starter bank and checking accounts so they don’t have to turn to cash checking and payday loan places with usurious fees. [WSJ]
By consumerist.com January 26, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Is ActiveHours A True Payday Alternative Or Just Another Too-Good-To-Be-True Letdown?
- Report: Overdrafting Just A Little Or A Lot Has The Same Negative Consequences For Consumers’ Accounts
- Are Pension Advance Companies The New Payday Loan Lender?
- Can New Payday Loan Rules Keep Borrowers From Falling Into Debt Traps?
- Most State Laws Can’t Protect Borrowers From Predatory Installment Loans, Open-End Lines Of Credit